This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fuck Police

Comments

• MATATAT said:

Andrew said:

Daikun said:

I'm well aware that he did nothing wrong. I was thinking about this from the other perspective. It has all the trappings of a situation that's extremely easy to misunderstand.

This is only easy to misunderstand if you have the intelligence of a two year old.
    I saw a comment on that YouTube video that made me chuckle.

"MY GOD! THIS BOMB, THIS BOMB IS COUNTING UPWARDS!"
    Plus, where are the explosives? For something to be a bomb, there needs to be something that, you know... explodes. A timer, even if not a clock, isn't a bomb.
  • MATATAT said:

Andrew said:

Daikun said:

I'm well aware that he did nothing wrong. I was thinking about this from the other perspective. It has all the trappings of a situation that's extremely easy to misunderstand.

This is only easy to misunderstand if you have the intelligence of a two year old.

Plus, where are the explosives? For something to be a bomb, there needs to be something that, you know... explodes. A timer, even if not a clock, isn't a bomb.
    A moron doesn't know that.
  • I'm going to speculate the teacher's defence

"At first I suspected that it was only an innocent clock, any fool could see that. However I was concerned with what I can only describe as the smell of explosives. Concerned with the safety of the other students, I consulted with other teachers to validate my raci..suspicions"
  • Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

Andrew said:

Daikun said:

The science teacher he first showed it to should. As should the principal, especially before you call the police.

"Looks like a bomb to me."
  • MATATAT said:

"Looks like a bomb to me."

This devices harnesses the power of the SUN! Fusion powered! Very dangerous.
  • Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

Andrew said:

Daikun said:

The science teacher he first showed it to should. As should the principal, especially before you call the police.
    I find it sad that the first teacher he showed it too said, "That's cool, but don't show it to anyone else." Like he kinda knew people would irrationally freak out about it.

I am really quite unbearably sad about this whole thing. Did you see that Ahmed said he would never bring another invention to school again?

Way to fuckin' go, America.

• "...it made me feel like I wasn't human.."

That's the line that got me. Human rights are being violated everywhere.
  • edited September 2015
    Linkigi said:

A high-school bomb hoax is a shoebox full of telephone cord.

Whatever could you be referencing here, friend Justin?
    Post edited by Axel on
  • edited September 2015
    Axel said:

Linkigi said:

Certainly not personal experience!

And talking about telephone cords made me feel old.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Axel said:

Linkigi said:

Certainly not personal experience!

And talking about telephone cords made me feel old.
    ...Yeah.
  • This story is a perfect storm for making me want to pull my hair out. The teenager in me is enraged because this is typical hacker-fear paranoia. The adult in me is enraged because it's another horrible story of how America chews up and spits out black boys.
  • I didn't even know that COPS was still being made.
  • Yeah I always assumed they were just selling the reruns to the likes of CMT.
  • An update on the Ahmed Mohammed story: Watch out for his dad.
  • edited September 2015
    Daikun said:

An update on the Ahmed Mohammed story: Watch out for his dad.

Article's by Mike Cernovich, notorious redpiller, not even worth reading.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Daikun said:

An update on the Ahmed Mohammed story: Watch out for his dad.

Article's by Mike Cernovich, notorious redpiller, not even worth reading.
    Notorious redpiller is a bit of a no-sell. The dude is completely nuts - He thinks straight men can't get HIV, for example, and if you're straight and have HIV, you're either sharing needles with gay men, or you're secretly gay. He's been accused of rape. He's an unabashed racist sorry, I mean RACe realIST, is practically psychotically obsessed with "SJWs" and how they actually rule the world in every possible form and facet. He's also well known to be a liar.

Oh and there was that time he tried to make legal threats against the IGDA, because the GGautoblocker somehow constituted a gross violation of freedom of speech. Which went about as well as you'd expect.
  • I ignored your warning and read the article.

This country is so fucked.
  • I ignored your warning and read the article.

This country is so fucked.

Wellll....

• Let's talk about the police of South Korea.

• Honestly would you want to try and arrest Solid Snake?
  • Wait, 180? Jeez I heard about this the other day but I just thought he robbed a bunch of shit from a store and got caught later, not an ongoing scheme.
  • Anyone held by police not convicted of the crime for which they were held should be paid minimum wage for the time they were without liberty.

Stuck in jail for 3 days over a dubious arrest and then acquitted? 72 hours of minimum wage paid by the police that arrested you.
  • Rym said:

Anyone held by police not convicted of the crime for which they were held should be paid minimum wage for the time they were without liberty.

Stuck in jail for 3 days over a dubious arrest and then acquitted? 72 hours of minimum wage paid by the police that arrested you.

You should get more. Not only is jail way worse than a minimum wage job, so deserves more compensation, but there's an even easier argument than that. 72 hours straight includes a lot of overtime. Every hour past the 8th deserves at least 1.5x, and that should probably keep increasing as time goes on.