This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• That band preformance was neat, and that song was lulz! XD
    edited November 2007
    The most adorable cat ever.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww-*continues* That truly was cuteness on 4 paws. I was bouncing on my chair because of its cuteness... why can't I have one. D: Our cute cat is more monster now.

*head explodes*
    Post edited by ... on
  • Gene Simmons says, "Darn you, college kids!"

From the article:

"Every little college kid, every freshly-scrubbed little kid's face should have been sued off the face of the earth. They should have taken their houses and cars and nipped it right there in the beginning."
  • Don't worry Chris Hansen, your secret is safe with me.
  • Scrym's two favorite things mixed together, Swedish metal and curling:
  • Kenshiro in 3D
  • edited November 2007
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Watch it. Seriously made my day. I think I'm going to make it my daily aerobic regimen.
  • Washlet coming to the rest of the world.
    Clean is Happy
  • Over the weekend, I was at Costco with my boyfriend. We stroll down the video game aisle, looking to see what they had to offer. My boyfriend picks up the new Lego Star Wars, I go to the Wii section. As I scan the section, I noticed how the selection of Wii games were a lot less than the others. I then make a comment, "Man, there sure aren't a lot of Wii games here."

A nice old lady near us, also looking at video games, happened to hear what I said and replied, "You sure are right."

We then get into conversation about Wii games. I find out she has her own Wii and she loves playing Wii Sports and Wii Play. She plays a lot with her grandchildren and was currently looking for a new game. After a few minutes of thinking and discussion, I convinced the nice old lady to pick up Mario Strikers Charged. I explained the game play, how easy it is to learn with the tutorials, and that it's probably the best thing to get because of the multiplayer so she can play with her grandchildren.

The nice old lady smiled, thanked me, and went on her merry way.

It was pretty cool because like in the many podcasts, Scrym always stated that most people buying Wiis are the soccer moms and grandparents. I was lucky enough to have an encounter with such a person, and I was fairly amazed that I could have a conversation about video games with such an elderly woman.
  • I think I heard this song, and saw this video a million times last week.
  • Kittens with the same song.
    Wasn't the original video for this banned somewhere in America because it makes fun of Lincoln?
  • Kittenswith the same song. Wasn't the original video for this banned somewhere in America because it makes fun of Lincoln?I highly doubt that. In America, you really need to do something horrible to get banned outright. There are standards as to what is allowed on public airwaves, but most anything passes on cable TV (where most of the music video channels are anyway).
  • I think I heard this song, and saw this video a million times last week.The Arabic subtitles make that video all that much more worth it (imagining the leaders of the western world singing a dirty song to our Middle Eastern friends).
  • A clip from the most recent episode of the Simpsons that features Alan Moore, Art Spiegelman, and Daniel Clowes.

"Mr. Moore, will you sign my DVD of Watchmen Babies?"
  • A clip from the most recent episode of the Simpsonsthat features Alan Moore, Art Spiegelman, and Daniel Clowes.

"Mr. Moore, will you sign my DVD of Watchmen Babies?"
    TotD for Wednesday.
  • TotD for Wednesday.
    You're not getting any luck not having forumies posting your TotD this week, are you?
  • TotD for Wednesday.
    You're not getting any luck not having forumies posting your TotD this week, are you?
    Actually, this one was not a steal from me. It's a steal by me.
  • TotD for Wednesday.
    Actually, this one was not a steal from me. It's a steal by me.
    You'll have to find a mirror though.
  • edited November 2007
    Had a case of being really good when you come back to something and beat the last boss in Super Mario World in one go. I have now completed my first SNES game.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Slashdot: serious business.
  • This happened in my hometown...unfortunately -_-
  • Fuzz on the lens, news at 11.
  • Fuzz on the lens, news at 11.
    Looks more like a bug to me.
  • edited November 2007
    Fuzz on the lens, news at 11.
    Looks more like a bug to me.
    That's what I was thinking.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Compiz fusion running on a pc with 800mhz processor and 128mb ram bought 7 years ago. Take that Vista.