This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Avengers (with spoilers)

Comments

• Latest season of Agents of Shield is amazing.
  • Deadpool is one of those movies that's going to either be decent, or really, REALLY bad.
  • Neito said:

Deadpool is one of those movies that's going to either be decent, or really, REALLY bad.

It's being made by Fox (a.k.a. Marvel Turd Spewer outside of X-Men) rather than Marvel Studios themselves. I'm being cautiously optimistic.
  • From what I've seen so far in terms of production and marketing I'm rather optimistic for Deadpool. At least Reynolds gets the character to certain extend. I just hope that they don't go simply full lunatic but also show some pathos.
  • Fox released TWO trailers for Deadpool.

Red band:

Green band:

• I can't not watch this now, too much hype.
    If 100% of the movie is true to the Deadpool nature it will be great.
  • edited August 2015
    I dunno, this movie looks like it might be shit. But I kinda think Deadpool is shit so take that as you will.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Well, all things point to the new Fantastic Four film being yet another absolute pile of shit. Not that I'm surprised about that.
  • chaosof99 said:

Well, all things point to the new Fantastic Four film being yet another absolute pile of shit. Not that I'm surprised about that.

If the new FF movie is shit, I'm wondering how Marvel will try to separate itself from it. The Average moviegoer probably has no idea that even though the FF is a Marvel comic, it's not a "Marvel" movie. If the movie is bad, will it hurt Marvel's "brand?" Will people begin to stop going to superhero movies? I wonder...

• One can hope they get the rights back after this..
    High quality CG.
  • Wait, where does the tank turret disappear to? Is it made of smoke?
  • edited August 2015
    Cremlian said:

One can hope they get the rights back after this..

Deadpool or F4?
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Daikun said:

Cremlian said:

One can hope they get the rights back after this..

Deadpool or F4?
    Optimally both because Marvel Studios has access to the writers and original stories that made these characters. Because I read a bunch of comics as a kid I was incredibly annoyed with the movie depictions of the characters until Marvel Studios started film production.
  • Meh. Fox can keep F4 for all I care. I always found them rather boring, no matter what medium they're in.
    Deadpool... Fuck, he'd make a crazy awesome addition to the Avengerverse.
  • RE: deadpool, I'm acquainted with a dude who works at Blur, and I trust his taste - he recons it's pretty fucking good. So I'm going with that for now, and hoping he doesn't give me a reason to reconsider.
  • No Deadpool can stay with Fox, because deadpool sucks,

FF can be interesting in the hands of the right people.
  • Cremlian said:

No Deadpool can stay with Fox, because deadpool sucks,

Jonathan Hickman!

• edited August 2015
    Daikun said:

Meh. Fox can keep F4 for all I care. I always found them rather boring, no matter what medium they're in.
    Deadpool... Fuck, he'd make a crazy awesome addition to the Avengerverse.

Too bad he doesn't really interact with them except for mass cross overs. He's an incredibly binary character.

Fantastic 4 is amazing if it is written by someone who understands sci-fi, but the majority of the time everyone chases after the individual characters rather than concentrating on what made the few compelling modern story arcs great to read.
    Cremlian said:

Jonathan Hickman!
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • John Byrne is also very good
  • Can't argue with that but it wouldn't be a starting point for someone who isn't already invested in comic book reading as a geekery. Something more contemporary would be palatable. Another good run was Mark Waid.
  • Call me when they make an FF movie like this:

• I watched Ant-Man recently and it was pretty good, but not great. Definitely the most comedic Marvel movie so far, which I think works in the character's favor.

Speaking of Ant-Man, it will get a sequel called "Ant-Man and the Wasp" in 2018. The release dates for Black Panther and Ms. Marvel will also be adjusted and Marvel also announced three more films for 2020 but did not announce any names.

Marvel proudly states that "Ant-Man and the Wasp" is their first film titled for its heroine. I am not sure that is such a great idea. I liked Hope van Dyne in the movie portrayed as a snarky, confidant, competent person, but I did not like that they had to turn her into a romantic interest at the end and her issues with her father were also a bit too easily resolved. I like that she basically earned her status as a superhero though. The bigger issue is that 1) she is not the only character named in the title of the film, which kind of undermines the statement a bit, and 2) it scoops the "first heroine main protagonist" from Captain Marvel. These are kind of minor gripes though and I like that she basically becomes the lead here in name as well as in spirit, which she basically was in Ant-Man.

--------------------

In other news, Season 3 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. kicked off to a great start in the first two episodes. I also can't wait for Jessica Jones to be released in a bit over a month.
  • edited October 2015
    Yea it's a good time to be on the Marvel hype train, I been really enjoying everything from the comics, movies and TV.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Though Captain America 2 really should have been Captain America and Black Widow.
  • Cremlian said:

Yea it's a good time to be on the Marvel hype train, I been really enjoying everything from the comics, movies and TV.

No, the current comics are absolute trash, they are only slightly better than the nightmare that is DC at the moment.
    Well except for Captain America: White but I think that book is great due to the continuance of Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale coming back to add to the "colour" line and I haven't been able to appreciate any of Sale's recent artwork.

TV shows are lovem or hatem, unfortunately for me I'm in the latter (except for Daredevil, hopefully Alias is as good as the original comic or better).

Movies made by Marvel Studios are great otherwise not.
  • sK0pe said:

No, the current comics are absolute trash, they are only slightly better than the nightmare that is DC at the moment.

How do you reign in "current"? To be honest, the whole Battleworld stuff only had two series that really drew me in (Thors and M.O.D.O.K. Assassin) and that mostly due to the concept. Before that started though I thoroughly enjoyed Deadpool, Hawkguy, Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl. None of them are "big hitters" though, so I guess I can see where you're coming from