This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX AUS 2015 OCT 30-NOV 1, 2015

Roughly 7 weeks to go, people! Who's coming to this one?

I have accommodation arranged, although I haven't booked my flights for it yet.

Comments

• Roughly 7 weeks to go, people! Who's coming to this one?

I have accommodation arranged, although I haven't booked my flights for it yet.

Me and hopefully Rym & Scott.
  • I'm the reverse of Cheese, I'm sorted for flights, but lack accommodation.
  • Y'know, I was going to apply to be an Enforcer this year; I started filling out the application a few weeks ago but left it bookmarked in my browser to do later.

Turns out I'm too late to apply now, though. I guess Enforcing will have to wait for next year (or maybe PAX South).
  • Myself and Bane will be there again, plus a bunch of our local board game group. We're driving over from Adelaide again, still not 100% sure on accommodation though, most likely a motel not far out of the city and we'll just park in the DFO on PAX days.

I, uh, may be in a wheelchair or on crutches for the con (hip surgery is a hell of a thing) but that'll depend on how much I recover before then. At least I'll always be able to find a seat in tabletop...
  • I've had flight and accommodation booked for 3 or 4 months now.
    Jetstar changed my itinerary twice already.

The hotels all increased their prices a little bit due to the success of last year so I won't be 500m from the convention centre this time.

Will have to make it as short as possible a trip as its on the weekend before exams.
  • I've got flights but no accommodation! Might end up staying at a hostel and I'm fine with that.
    It's gonna be my first PAX. HYPED!
  • The first batch of badges for my group arrived today! Hopefully the rest of them sent far behind.

Getting very excited now!
  • edited October 2015
    sK0pe said:

Will have to make it as short as possible a trip as its on the weekend before exams.

On the upside, I think I've found a much closer place for a Post-PAX feed, so we're not walking halfway across the city if people don't want to. And some poor bastards don't have to jog like two miles to get to the second drinks portion. But, always open to suggestions - I'm cool with Post-PAX feed and drinks taking place wherever.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Churba said:

On the upside, I think I've found a much closer place for a Post-PAX feed, so we're not walking halfway across the city if people don't want to. And some poor bastards don't have to jog like two miles to get to the second drinks portion. But, always open to suggestions - I'm cool with Post-PAX feed and drinks taking place wherever.

LOL on the upside we did get to enjoy an excellent meal, bantered with wait staff and enjoyed a number of great beers while the poor bastard was trying to find us.
  • OK, I just booked my flights; I did the same thing as last time---got Jetstar to price match Tiger, so it was under $200 despite my making the booking relatively late this time around.

I get into Melbourne at 1:00PM on Thursday, and I fly back out to Brisbane at 3:00PM on Monday. See you all there!
  • I'm still hunting accommodation within my price range. Or, at least, if I want to still eat while I'm there. Fuck, we should just set up a share next time, ey.
  • edited October 2015
    Churba said:

I'm still hunting accommodation within my price range. Or, at least, if I want to still eat while I'm there. Fuck, we should just set up a share next time, ey.

We've got a full house, otherwise we'd offer mate. You might get lucky with an Air BnB still?
    Churba said:

The closer the better this time, at least for me. Thankfully it looks like I won't even be needing crutches let alone a wheelchair, but I'm still on a pretty limited walking distance. Although, Bane was getting all nostalgic for those parmies...
    Post edited by Koeniou on
  • edited October 2015
    Koeniou said:

The closer the better this time, at least for me. Thankfully it looks like I won't even be needing crutches let alone a wheelchair, but I'm still on a pretty limited walking distance. Although, Bane was getting all nostalgic for those parmies...

Well, if it helps, I did find out about this place with a conversation that went "I've heard Ms Parms is the best parmo in melbourne, ever been to check it out?" "Oh, you think Ms Parms is the best ey, well, have I got something for you..."
    Koeniou said:

We've got a full house, otherwise we'd offer mate. You might get lucky with an Air BnB still?

I appreciate the thought, thank you. Might get lucky with Air BNB, or this one other enforcer who lives in melbs, but is some distance out. If we get a share next year, we can get in around 30 bucks a night, but not so much when you're going solo, y'know? Cheapest hostel I've found so far taking a single for a week is pushing 400 for the span, and is all the way out in windsor/Parahan. Oddly, only a few streets away from where I stayed for the first year - but that mate moved out to Bacchus marsh, which is so far out that even he's getting a hotel for PAX.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Hey it's me, the guy who never posts. Dimitri and I think some others played in my impromptu Burning Wheel session last year; this time I'm an official GM. Most likely BW again unless I come up with something else.
  • edited October 2015
    Lisa and I were going to be in attendance, but we *enter excuses* - On the upside two of our 3-day-passes sold within minutes of advertising advertised them!
    Post edited by Casa Vino on
  • Hey it's me, the guy who never posts. Dimitri and I think some others played in my impromptu Burning Wheel session last year; this time I'm an official GM. Most likely BW again unless I come up with something else.

I'll be there, and I'll see if I can drag some associates along for a demo.
  • Holy fuck, it's on. I fly out tomorrow morning at 9:35. I just started an FRCF (+) Google Hangout, like last time.

Anyone who isn't in the hangout and wants to be, just ask me (or Churba) to get you in.
  • I fly at 0655 because Non-rev travel is take what you get. Skipping traffic, at least. Staying Thursday through till Tuesday, fly out around seven PM-ish.
  • I fly out at 0935, so I'll be in Melbourne at 1 PM on Thursday; I should be open to meeting up with people on Thursday night.
  • We'll be getting in sometime in the afternoon, but we have dinner plans already.

We're taking a handful of games with us this year:
    - Wizard (duh)
    - Saboteur
    - Hanabi
    - Gloom
    - 6 Takes
    - Codenames
    - Dobble/Spot It
    - Between Two Cities

So if anyone is interested in playing any of those through out the weekend, let me know.
  • I'm in Melbourne now. Fuck yeah!
  • edited October 2015
    Any one have any idea what these "Emu" prizes are?

* 5 seconds of research later * - Never mind. I still have lanyards from the first PAX AUS... although a PAX AUS stubby cooler would not be the worst piece of con' loot...
    Post edited by Casa Vino on