This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX Prime 2015

15678911»

Comments

• There are many small features and enemies left out of Mario Maker. It's not a knock on the game. There is still an deep variety, and the tool is incredibly polished. But yeah, there is more to add (DLC pack?).

This is going to sound like the dumbest question, but in the original Super Mario Bros., could you get a height boost by timing your jump on an enemy's head? You absolutely can in Mario Maker, but I was trying to play through the original Mario on NES with the kid, and I definitely couldn't do it. The game did have a little graphical glitch here and there from dirty contacts, so I wasn't sure if the game had just bugged out, if I reaaaally sucked that day (although I did get to 8-4 before failing in our quest), or if it just wasn't in the game. My memory has absolutely failed me.
  • I don't remember being able to get height boosts.
    Super Mario Bros.
    The screen can move left allowing you to go back to earlier parts of a course!
    You gain extra height when jumping on an enemy.
    Even if you are small Mario you will become Fire Mario if you touch a Fire Flower, originally you would only become Super Mario.
    Source
  • Awesome. At least I am not crazy. Interesting to see the other changes from original Mario to Mario Maker Mario as well.
  • Rym said:

okeefe said:

Now that we're fully in hoodie season, I can report that the PAX hoodie is pretty nice!

Damn straight. I'm real glad I bought that one.
    Yep. Wore mine today. It's heavenly.

• Rochelle said:

Someone is the master....

• *tips fedora*
  • Andrew said:

*tips fedora*

M'Baron.
  • You know all the games of Camel Up are now with asterisks because the Baron messed with the die rolls.
  • Rochelle said:

You know all the games of Camel Up are now with asterisks because the Baron messed with the die rolls.

The baron was inserted after all those games.
  • Leave it to Scott to know exactly when the baron was inserted.
  • Dromaro said:

Leave it to Scott to know exactly when the baron was inserted.

I witnessed.

In fact, I witnessed an attempt to fold a baron into a cube, so that it would eject from the pyramid in place of a die. That attempt failed.
  • Apreche said:

Dromaro said:

Leave it to Scott to know exactly when the baron was inserted.

I witnessed.
    Apreche said:

In fact, I witnessed an attempt to fold a baron into a cube, so that it would eject from the pyramid in place of a die. That attempt failed.

I am a Master of Baron, but I am not a Professional.
  • What do you think, was Khoo just being "funny" calling it PAX West, or is it going to be an official change?