This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fuck Police

Comments

• Apreche said:

You should get more.

Agreed.

But I think even minimum wage, applied to our current fucked system, would fuck over the correct people faster than we could blink.

• Rym said:

Apreche said:

You should get more.

Agreed.

But I think even minimum wage, applied to our current fucked system, would fuck over the correct people faster than we could blink.

That would never happen anywhere. Yeah its a cool idea but think of all the bums who would say they were jack the ripper for a bit of cash.
  • The scary thing about being arrested is all the charges prosecutors can throw at you. After a certain point it becomes rational to take a plea instead of risking a decade or two in prison.
  • Amp said:

Rym said:

Apreche said:

You should get more.

Agreed.

That would never happen anywhere. Yeah its a cool idea but think of all the bums who would say they were jack the ripper for a bit of cash.
    Cops won't arrest them unless they are actually doing something bad. If they do something bad, they'll be found guilty, and won't get paid.
  • Apreche said:

Amp said:

Rym said:

Apreche said:

You should get more.

Agreed.

Cops won't arrest them unless they are actually doing something bad. If they do something bad, they'll be found guilty, and won't get paid.
    We both know there are petulant people who would use every loophole to exploit the system. It was be a massive faff for everyone involved. Also if a person was arrested let go , due to lack of evidence or something, but they later find you did do it. Do you have to pay the money back?
  • Amp said:

Rym said:

Apreche said:

You should get more.

Agreed.

1. Unless the cops arrest them FOR being jack the ripper, they won't get a dime.
    2. Those bums need that money from society anyway... So if we don't solve it elsewhere, then we end up solving it here.

• AmpAmp
    edited October 2015
    Rym said:

Amp said:

Rym said:

Apreche said:

You should get more.

Agreed.

1. Unless the cops arrest them FOR being jack the ripper, they won't get a dime.
    2. Those bums need that money from society anyway... So if we don't solve it elsewhere, then we end up solving it here.

Ok I'l stop now. I agree it would be a cool thing IF it happened, and do see the logic. But it never would in a million years happen. We will have perfect truth machines before people get paid if they are wrongly arrested. Its a great thought but it would never happen so there is no point discussing it I guess.

Edit; Also in using bums I probably used the wrong word. I was thinking more dicks like the WBBT or Scientology and how they use bullshit laws to stop people from calling them out.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • Rym said:

Apreche said:

You should get more.

Agreed.

You fail to forget who actually would pay that. The taxpayers.
  • Rym said:

Apreche said:

You should get more.

Agreed.

Rym specifically said the cops would pay. Lrn to rd.
  • Apreche said:

Rym said:

Apreche said:

You should get more.

Agreed.

Well, taxpayers pay the cops... So technically...

Towns/states are already out tax dollars when their leaders pass unconstitutional nonsense and the town/state then fights in court to protect it. At this point, I have little sympathy for taxpayers who live in places that vote for people who do shitty things and cost them money.

• Rym said:

Apreche said:

Rym said:

Apreche said:

You should get more.

Agreed.

Well, taxpayers pay the cops... So technically...

Towns/states are already out tax dollars when their leaders pass unconstitutional nonsense and the town/state then fights in court to protect it. At this point, I have little sympathy for taxpayers who live in places that vote for people who do shitty things and cost them money.

I'd say unless you were going to take the money out of the chief's or commissioner's own pocket then it's not really gonna faze a lot of cops.

FBI are investigating Chicago cops that trafficked a 14 year old
  • Yet another reason I'm against actual police officers working in schools. If you want a couple dudes who have been properly trained working at the school dressed in plainclothes in case any shit goes down, fine but actual police just treat the kids like criminals or worse.

• Please stop resisting mam. You keep resisting, I'm going to have to taze you. *reaches for gun*
  • I wonder how different it would have been if the student wasn't black?

Also do schools really have police officers on site?
  • Yeah some do, but most probably don't. Shit some have metal detectors and I remember as a kid after columbine some schools only allowed those clear plastic backpacks. We shouldn't be making schools even more like a police state. Can't we go with the air marshal approach?
  • AmpAmp
    edited October 2015
    That is fucked up man. The closest we ever came to that was when there was a bit of a scandal at the school and the rugby coach stood on the gates to keep the press away.

edit; well its on the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34644336
    Post edited by Amp on
  • My high school had open doors during the day. When I wanted a "real" lunch, I'd cut class and drive to the mall. No one cared.

The biggest scandal I can recall was a kid having sex with his awful teacher. That, and the "suicide epidemic"
  • What is your school like now? It would be interesting to see the change from when you where there to now.
  • Amp said:

What is your school like now? It would be interesting to see the change from when you where there to now.

Completely different. High school fucking sucks for kids now.
  • Rym said:

Amp said:

What is your school like now? It would be interesting to see the change from when you where there to now.

Completely different. High school fucking sucks for kids now.

Do they have metal detectors and things like that? Though yeah high school/secondary school seems to be the pits. Could be worse however, I was working with a lady who taught in Italy and put her son through their school system. She was of the view that Somalia was better than the Italian middle schools.
  • When I was at school, kids were more likely to stab you for your lunch money or pokemon cards. Teachers weren't there to rescue you or resolve anything.

I welcome police in that type of environment. By the time we had police at school, the problem kids were already expelled. Most of the threats after that came from kids from other schools or just street folk.

My only problem I've had personally with police is being stopped for being brown. In London we need more police, better teachers, better parents.

Murica needs Batman or something...
  • AmpAmp
    edited October 2015
    Better parents is the big one there, its mind blowing how much they will put their kids failings on you.

Edit; then again where in London where you, cus you know its Landan.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • Amp said:

Do they have metal detectors and things like that?

Nope. It's an affluent suburb, and there are basically no crime problems in and around the schools.

They also segregate high performing from low performing kids into two wings of the school. There were, when I was there, guards and hall monitors only in the low performing wing. You could wander anywhere and basically do anything in the high performing wing, but you'd get suspended if you were caught in the all on the other side.
  • Interesting about fixed divisions. We had something similar with sets that kept the year mixed up, then again my year was about 60 people so its apples to oranges.
  • The school is very large. There is a liberal arts wing, a STEM wing, a voctec wing, a music wing, etc...

Advanced and AP classes are all on one side of the school. Regular classes are scattered. Low-performer classes and special ed are all in a separate wing (which is also the voctec wing), and there are guards between the two at the sole door.
  • Amp said:

I wonder how different it would have been if the student wasn't black?
    Also do schools really have police officers on site?

I certainly don't think it would be acceptable and if it was a white kid it would be blaring on every major broadcast news network internationally.
    Dazzle369 said:

My only problem I've had personally with police is being stopped for being brown.

Interesting, I never had that experience when I stayed in London for a short time. I got the, people are uncomfortable because I'm the only person on the train who isn't white when I was on a train at Newcastle. London was pretty separated by subsection however it was an accepting environment.
  • sK0pe said:

Dazzle369 said:

My only problem I've had personally with police is being stopped for being brown.

Interesting, I never had that experience when I stayed in London for a short time. I got the, people are uncomfortable because I'm the only person on the train who isn't white when I was on a train at Newcastle. London was pretty separated by subsection however it was an accepting environment.
    Albeit only a handful of times, which didn't escalate beyond a short conversation. I've known many black people not to share my experiences with police. I also know alot of them to be criminals.

• If it helps I got stopped in Swansea all the time. But then again everyone got stopped in Swansea, the odds were in the polices favour.
  • Rym said:

The school is very large. There is a liberal arts wing, a STEM wing, a voctec wing, a music wing, etc...

Advanced and AP classes are all on one side of the school. Regular classes are scattered. Low-performer classes and special ed are all in a separate wing (which is also the voctec wing), and there are guards between the two at the sole door.

I'm sure this makes sense logistically, but if there was ever a way to feel like you were segregated by intelligence and put in an environment that only further encouraged failure, that's pretty much it.