This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PS3 sales higher than Wii in Germany

edited November 2007 in Everything Else
This is sad. 37.000 PS3s, 28.000 Wiis and 12.000 Xbox 360. What do you think?

Comments

• It's no surprised because Nintendo treats every country other than Japan like shit. The US is second-rate to them, and everyone else is third rate. This is one thing that Sony and Microsoft actually have right. They release the same products in all the countries at the same time. Even Australians, who live really close to Japan, don't get Nintendo games and consoles until way after everybody else. If they treated other countries the same way they treat Japan, they might get similar sales.

This is why PC gaming is so big in all these countries. The console manufacturers like Nintendo give them the shaft, but PC gaming is world-wide. I mean, sure Nintendo got outsold by PS3 in Germany, but all of those numbers you see there are extremely small. PC gaming still dominates in places where consoles are neglected.
  • edited November 2007
    Any source for these numbers?
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • How many Wiis did Nintendo manage to ship to Germany in that sales period? It is known that Wii demand is huge, and as Scott said, Europe doesn't get that much Wiis compared to Japan and the USA.
  • How many Wiis did Nintendo manage to ship to Germany in that sales period? It is known that Wii demand is huge, and as Scott said, Europe doesn't get that much Wiis compared to Japan and the USA.
    28,000, probably.
  • You gotta love heise online ^^.
  • Didn't Sony give PS3 buyers the shaft early on? Even going so far as to sue a company out of business that dared sell PS3s to European customers?
  • It's no surprised because Nintendo treats every country other than Japan like shit. The US is second-rate to them, and everyone else is third rate. This is one thing that Sony and Microsoft actually have right. They release the same products in all the countries at the same time. Even Australians, who live really close to Japan, don't get Nintendo games and consoles until way after everybody else. If they treated other countries the same way they treat Japan, they might get similar sales.
    PS3 has also been outselling Wii the past couple weeks in Japan.

Like so.
    PS3 has also been outselling Wii the past couple weeks in Japan.

Like so.
    It's because 75% of households in Japan now own a Wii.
  • PS3 has also been outselling Wii the past couple weeks in Japan.
    The question is whether or not everyone already has a Wii. Also, is the Wii sold out or not? I think they're pretty much selling every Wii they are making. Also, are there any new JRPGs for the PS3? That will always sell a zillion consoles in Japan. Though, I hear the new Dragon Quest is on the DS. Not surprising.
  • I think the PS3 will stay and his selling numbers will increase if only to be used as a Blue Ray disk player. I notice this during the last black Friday. Most of the awesome movies are on Blue Ray. I really wanted to watch Live free or Die Hard but no it is on Blue Ray, also Robocop is on Blue Ray :(
    28,000, probably.
    Then Nintendo is playing with fire, and they'll get burned at some point, and I really wont feel sorry for them, their DS is a good system, but the Wii really isn't that good and it seems to be selling mostly on good PR rather then anything good about the system. Perhaps the people in Germany have actually managed to pull the wool from their eyes.
  • edited November 2007
    Perhaps the people in Germany have actually managed to pull the wool from their eyes.
    Haha, living here, I can say with certainty that this is not the case. I think it's because people caring about games mostly play PC games over here (from my experience, at least), and the other people might have owned a PS1 or PS2 before, so they'll just move on to the next model without looking left and right.
    Post edited by merry_minstrel on
  • en Nintendo is playing with fire, and they'll get burned at some point, and I really wont feel sorry for them, their DS is a good system, but the Wii really isn't that good and it seems to be selling mostly on good PR rather then anything good about the system. Perhaps the people in Germany have actually managed to pull the wool from their eyes.
    Wait a minute, the Wii isn't a good system? Are you saying this because it's does not have the greatest graphics, a harddrive worth shit or is being flooded by crappy 3rd party games? Because other then that the system is great ^_^ No seriously, I'm not joking. The Wii has some flaws but I don't regret getting one in lieu of a X-box 360 or PS3. (though I am enjoying my newly acquired PS2, FFXII is actually pretty damn sweet {hasn't liked a Final Fantasy since 6})
  • Nintendo sells games based on awesome game play not graphics. You can have your 1080P games but if a game sucks it will suck just as bad in 1080P.
  • Likewise, if your game sucks it will suck just as bad with waggle added.
    Yes, but it also costs about $10 less.
    And on greater resolution.
  • edited November 2007
    Yes, but it also costs about $10 less.
    WOW. Price is DEFINITELY my main concern when dealing with shitty games.
    Post edited by Dave on
  • Yes, but it also costs about $10 less.
    WOW. Price is DEFINITELY my main concern when dealing with shitty games.
    Wii games sell for $10 less than PS3/360 games, some even as low as $20. So yes, I do not feel as badly burned paying $50 for a crap games as I would paying $60 for a crap game.
  • Wii games sell for $10 less than PS3/360 games, some even as low as $20. So yes, I do not feel as badly burned paying $50 for a crap games as I would paying $60 for a crap game.
    Ten bucks more or less doesn't matter much if it's a crap game. The difference between not being 'burned' and being 'burned' and paying 50 bucks is bigger then the difference between burning for 50 and burning for 60 bucks.
  • If you're buying crap games for any platform, you've got bigger problems than the price.
  • Probably because Wii games are cheaper to make.
  • Wii games sell for $10 less than PS3/360 games, some even as low as $20. So yes, I do not feel as badly burned paying $50 for a crap games as I would paying $60 for a crap game.
    As Scott said. How 'bout you just not buy shit games?
  • How 'bout you just not buy shit games?
    Is that even a question?
  • Wait a minute, the Wii isn't a good system? Are you saying this because it's does not have the greatest graphics, a harddrive worth shit or is being flooded by crappy 3rd party games? Because other then that the system is great ^_^ No seriously, I'm not joking. The Wii has some flaws but I don't regret getting one in lieu of a X-box 360 or PS3. (though I am enjoying my newly acquired PS2, FFXII is actually pretty damn sweet {hasn't liked a Final Fantasy since 6})
    Actually my main tiffs with the Wii centre around it's ability to tell just where it is that I'm pointing at the screen, and the many times where I've been sitting just over two metres away from the screen, which is not that far, even more so when when I've been playing on a projector (though officially that never happened if you ask the AV department....) so two metres really is not a lot of space. Additionally with the Wii controller it starts to become a real pisser when you're left handed and get this use it in your left hand, which for most games is fine, but in games like Mario Party I often have it strapped to my wrist, and the most amazing thing happens all the commands are interpreted backwards when I have to turn the controller sideways, it gets old fast as it really takes you out of the moment in the game. Really I wanted to like the Wii, but I simply couldn't find anything all that redeeming, as for things like not having a hard drive, well that doesn't really matter to me, as my DS is my number one system and my SNES is my number two. Whenever the Wii gets replaced with a new system from Nintendo I'll be very interested, as I'm still hopeful that Nintendo will fix my problems with the system at some point in the future. Right now though, I've stayed out of this gen of gaming as none of them seem to have what I'm looking for in gaming, this gen on a whole seems like a bust.
  • If you are having trouble using the Wiimote far away from the screen, try moving the "sensor" bar closer to you. There is a reason it has a ludicrously long cable.
  • Yes, but then that exaggerates the other problem of if being inaccurate, with it I'm really damned if I do and damned if I don't.
  • Yes, but then that exaggerates the other problem of if being inaccurate, with it I'm really damned if I do and damned if I don't.
    The Wiimote is a relative pointing device like a computer mouse, not an absolutely pointing device like a light gun. Even with a perfect setup, it is not "accurate".