This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What have you bought recently?

1101112131416»

Comments

• Apreche said:

Steam controller just got here. I'm doing a full review on my podcast but to summarize: It's good, but still feels kind of beta.

I got mine a couple days ago. Same.
    Yeah I think the most use I'm going to get out of it is using it for games that don't support controllers, but should. The D-Pad is also the best non-Nintendo D-Pad ever.
  • Apreche said:

Steam controller just got here. I'm doing a full review on my podcast but to summarize: It's good, but still feels kind of beta.

Yeah I think the most use I'm going to get out of it is using it for games that don't support controllers, but should. The D-Pad is also the best non-Nintendo D-Pad ever.
    I only own one XBox 260 wireless adapter. I like it on the HTPC. I had to move it to the desktop to play Rocket League because my HTPC is weak. Got the Steam controller to use for gamepad games at the desk. Also, since I have to take the wireless adapter, the Steam controller is way more portable and compatible and such.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

I only own one XBox 260 wireless adapter. I like it on the HTPC. I had to move it to the desktop to play Rocket League because my HTPC is weak. Got the Steam controller to use for gamepad games at the desk. Also, since I have to take the wireless adapter, the Steam controller is way more portable and compatible and such.
    Do you need a separate wireless adapter for each 360 pad? I know the steam controllers don't have this issue, you can pair multiple to one dongle.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Do you need a separate wireless adapter for each 360 pad? I know the steam controllers don't have this issue, you can pair multiple to one dongle.
    No, you can pair I think 4 controllers and 4 microphones to one dongle.

But you can only use one dongle on one PC at a time, and I'm not going to buy another one.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Apreche said:

But you can only use one dongle on one PC at a time, and I'm not going to buy another one.
    Ah. Where as if you ended up buying 'n' more Steam controllers you would end up with 'n+1' dongles.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Ah. Where as if you ended up buying 'n' more Steam controllers you would end up with 'n+1' dongles.
    Only need one Steam controller at my desk. Might need 4 on the HTPC.
  • RELEASE!

• Went to Mr Music to get a mandolin strap. Left with a mountain dulcimer.
  • When Adobe first announced it's mobile apps like Sketch and Draw, they also announced some bluetooth drawing tools, the Ink & Slide. It's a pen(cil) and a ruler. I never bough it, because they cost $200. Apple Pencil was amazing at the Apple Store, but they charged $100 for it.

Well, I think partially due to the existence of the Apple Pencil, the Adobe Ink & Slide are now selling for just $30 from various places. Scooping that up. I'm sure it isn't as great as the Apple Pencil, but as someone who can't draw, that probably doesn't matter for my purposes. I mostly just want to use my iPad as a digital whiteboard.