This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What Forums do you guys go to?

edited November 2007 in Everything Else
I have been looking for other good forums to go to, but have only been flooded with trolls, children, and ridiculousness.
I know I am expecting a lot, but I figured why not ask the Geeknights forum for the other places they talk online.

Comments

• edited November 2007
    What type of forum? I like avsforum.com, that is a great place to talk about home audio and video equipment. I also like the Ubuntuforums.org it's a forum to talk about and find help with Ubuntu Linux.
    Post edited by am_dragon on
  • Aside from here and my own forum, I go to the Fast Karate for the Gentlemen forums.

Hmm . . .the bbcode option disappeared, so here's the url. http://www.fan-service.org/phpbb/
  • edited November 2007
    There have been two threads on this topic already.
    Hmm . . .the bbcode option disappeared, so here's the url. http://www.fan-service.org/phpbb/
    I can't believe they let people like you onto the internet.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • So i'm not exactly capable of using html. Sue me!

Besides, the link button wasn't doing jack.
  • So i'm not exactly capable of using html. Sue me!

Besides, the link button wasn't doing jack.
    Learn to write code in HTML, then, and don't rely on the buttons.
    Fast Karate for the Gentleman Forums
    That wasn't so hard, was it?
  • Learn to write code in HTML, then, and don't rely on the buttons.
    Learn complex calculus, long range telecommunication methods and stop relying on computers and the internet.
    Learn complex calculus, long range telecommunication methods and stop relying on computers and the internet.
    Ouch. That's a good point, and I retract my previous statement, and also request that our admins make the buttons work.
  • Extralife Forums

Other than that I lurk at a few german and english Anime and MTG boards (not the same place :P), but not much active there anymore. I also occasionally post on the xbox.com forums.
    No, seriously. HTML is stupid easy. There are a billion websites on the Internet that teach you how to make a link. I thought about it long and hard, and I decided that anyone who isn't intelligent enough, or willing to put in the 2 minutes of effort, to learn basic HTML shouldn't be in these forums.
  • No, seriously. HTML is stupid easy.
    Or just stupid.

• <a href="url" goes="goes" here="here">Text goes here</a>.
    There's a difference of scale there by several orders of magnitude.
    No, seriously. HTML is stupid easy.
    Or just stupid.
    The only proper use of <blink>:
    Schrodinger's cat is not dead.
  • I think I fixed the buttons. Let me know if you have the problems.
  • If you don't know HTML you don't count at the internet.
    So I paraphrased it.
  • Schrodinger's cat is not dead.
    That one is awesome, and agreed. That is the only proper use. Now I shall go and disable that damned blink tag in Firefox.

For those of you who don't know (X)HTML, W3Schools.com has a nice beginners guide. Tip, pick the XHTML tutorial. It's just HTML with lowercase tags, which imho makes sense. Why the hell would you hold shift for every tag? Coders are lazy, one less key to press = win. Also note, the <blink> sign isn't allowed in XHTML. :D Making it more awesome. As far as it can be awesome.

Also Scott, why does the quote button remove spaces before and after quoted html tags? I.e. "is<blink>not</blink>dead." instead of "is <blink>not</blink> dead."
  • Also Scott, why does the quote button remove spaces before and after quoted html tags? I.e. "isnotdead." instead of "is not dead."
    I have no idea. I didn't write that.
  • I had been thinking about joining the Fast Karate forums. I guess I should now considering that a lot of the people on this forum are on that one.
  • edited November 2007
    Also note, the >blink> sign isn't allowed in XHTML.
    But you can do it in CSS.
    It's text-decoration: blink.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • I just use this forum and my pokemon forum.
    edited November 2007
    But you can do it in CSS.
    It's text-decoration: blink.
    Shhhhhhh. We're trying to persuade them to learn some basic (X)HTML.

And who wants to bother making a <span> just to create some blinking text!?

Oh, and on-topic. This is pretty much the only forum I'm active in. Other forums come through Digg when they have something awesome.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I go on the anime utahime forums and this forum.
  • edited November 2007
    Ouch. That's a good point, and I retract my previous statement, and also request that our admins make the buttons work.
    I was just kidding. Don't tase me bro.

Does anyone know of an active forum for people who think up ideas for computer games?

"On a more serious note, Someone should think up a way to better express tone and emotion without those stupid faces." Omnutia said in a serious voice while waving a spatula enigmatically at the assembled forum members.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited November 2007
    Blink also works with

The cake is not real.
    Post edited by Mr. Eric on
  • I go to only one other place: Desync.

I've been a desyncer for more than 4 years now. The forum used to be hosted by the same guy who runs the desync streams in the winamp video streams listing. But then he shut down the forum and we all got separated. But we eventually found each other again and rebuilt.
  • MTG boards
    Which, may I ask?
  • edited November 2007
    I used to be on the MTGSalvation forums as well as the german boards ZKForum.de and forum.ragorn.at (which I still visit daily since I am a moderator i
    on both), but recently I have become more and more distant from the game since the scene in my hometown is pretty much dead.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • NO OMNUTIA! We're not going to turn the FRC forums into a non-fiction online multi-writer novel.
  • I meant a better method than that..
  • Some message board about the Kirby series and the Starmen.net forums.

Oh, and the Fast Karate forums.
  • I, too, am a student of the Fast Karate.
  • I go to Fast Karate, here, and my fourms.
    and 4chan