This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - Descender

Descender (Jeff Lemire, Dustin Nguyen) is a comic that you should all read, and is the topic of tonight's GeekNights. Part Alien, part Astroboy, part Aliens, part Ghost in the Shell, part Prometheus, part Independence Day, this beautiful fast-paced action sci fi comic is some A+ sequential art so far. Lemire has a golden touch, as we've been a fan since Essex County back in 2007. Sony already optioned the movie rights.

In other news, PAX East badges/hotels went live and sold out today (but you can still go to PAX South), all the collected works of Miyazaki are available on boo ray, and Adventure Time continues to be excellent with The Stakes.

GeekNights is now on Patreon!

GeekNights T-Shirts have been re-released!

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• Oh cool I forgot about this but looked neat.

KILL ALL HUMES!
  • Fuckin' humes.
  • edited November 2015
    Bought the first volume last night on Google Play as it was on sale. I will read through it during my lunch break.

edit: Also Scott whatever you do don't listen to Rym's patreon end bit on this particular episode . It's so dumb.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Driller a Killer!
  • okeefe said:

Driller a Killer!

Shut up dirty hume.
  • edited January 2016
    imageDriller Killer now?
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • Tim-21 is interesting and all, but I want The Amazing Adventures of Driller trade paperback.
  • okeefe said:

Tim-21 is interesting and all, but I want The Amazing Adventures of Driller trade paperback.

So say we all.
  • Just got and read volume 3. I mean, we all knew that Driller is a Killer, but holy shit. DRILLER A REAL KILLER.
  • Apreche said:

Just got and read volume 3. I mean, we all knew that Driller is a Killer, but holy shit. DRILLER A REAL KILLER.

Oh shit didn't realise this was out already, buying volume 3 now.
  • Good to hear! Volume 2 felt like filler.