This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• Got a 3DAY.
  • okeefe said:

Got a 3DAY.

Damn son! They're already sold out. ;^)
  • Rym said:

okeefe said:

Got a 3DAY.

Damn son! They're already sold out. ;^)
    Vigilance has its rewards.
  • FWIW, I'm no longer buying badges for PAXes other than Prime. We always get panels, and I'm just going to have faith in that rather than hedge by also buying badges that I then have to give away every year.

If PAX decides they don't like us anymore and stops giving us panels, we'll just stop going to any but Prime.
  • Luckily I was able to get a 3 day badge - my friend is one of those Pin People who signed up for Club PA, and he got 2 advance badges a few weeks ago from that. But I still got in line to grab a few for my other friends, and I was only able to get single day badges for them. We also missed the Westin, but got a nearby hotel across the street.
  • Bought badges for Anthony and some friends. Already got a text message asking if I had extras.

If I wasn't [E] for this convention my hotel situation would be truly fucked instead of kinda fucked.
  • The moral is GET YOUR HOTEL FIRST. Badges are your least concern for PAX East.
  • At any PAX, or big convention, hotel first. Worst case you can get a badge secondhand from eBay or some shit. Not so with a hotel room.
  • Tickets secured.
  • Saturday is sold out, as are ALL viable hotels.
  • PAX South remains supreme!
  • edited November 2015
    I completely agree that South is the superior convention. So much less crowded (I genuinely enjoyed the expo hall for the first time in years) and there is truth that it costs the same, or less, than East, even after flight costs.

East is shaping up really nice for my group, though. My close friend Jon has been Enforcing in Main Theater the past two years, so both of us were able to get rooms at Aloft, and both of us each were able to snag four 3-days. Most of our mutual friends who have had spotty East attendance records since 2010 should all be coming this year.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • I hope to switch from being Deputy Manager in live streaming to going back to Main Events.
  • Panel submissions just opened up!

I kinda want to submit something roleplaying-related, like a stepped-up version of Cancel your Fantasy Heartbreaker with more panelists, but I can't see it getting through considering all the big names and awesome people who do stuff at PAX.
  • It is time for my staple to become pat of PAX. The Incomplete Histroy of Nerd Music has been added.
  • Coldguy said:

It is time for my staple to become pat of PAX. The Incomplete Histroy of Nerd Music has been added.

I really would have liked to have seen your NXT panel at Magfest. It's too bad that it wouldn't work at PAX unless there was a huge focus on the video game. The Paxamania Panel that GiantBomb hosts always does big business, so hopefully we might see some crossover soon.
  • UncleUlty said:

Coldguy said:

It is time for my staple to become pat of PAX. The Incomplete Histroy of Nerd Music has been added.

I really would have liked to have seen your NXT panel at Magfest. It's too bad that it wouldn't work at PAX unless there was a huge focus on the video game. The Paxamania Panel that GiantBomb hosts always does big business, so hopefully we might see some crossover soon.
    That NXT Panel I did at connecticon is evolving into a few different ideas I hope to have ready for 2017. One of which being a hey check these guys out style to a how to on effective story telling with wrestling.
  • Whoops, Connecticon, not Magfest, my bad.

That sounds awesome. Some time ago I was throwing around the idea of doing a pro wrestling panel myself, something like "Pro Wrestling as a Valid Geekery," so I'd be very interested to see those.

You should probably send the Effective Storytelling panel to the WWE creative team, because clearly they have no concept of how do do that anymore. :smirk:
  • UncleUlty said:

You should probably send the Effective Storytelling panel to the WWE creative team, because clearly they have no concept of how do do that anymore. :smirk:

Actually from everything that I hear unless you catch Vince or Kevin in a good mood it doesn't matter what you do. Mine is going to be more around how to take a group of people and write a story for your own universe.
  • It's time for pre-existing [E] to make a move.
  • I lost track of what move I was supposed to make until I confirmed I already had booked a hotel.
  • pence said:

I lost track of what move I was supposed to make until I confirmed I already had booked a hotel.

I also panicked for a second, then looked for, found, and gently kissed my hotel reservation.

• Aw man this is gonna be the first PAX East I miss. Hold down TT without me guys.
  • Jordan O. said:

Aw man this is gonna be the first PAX East I miss. Hold down TT without me guys.

YYYY?
  • Laundry, man
  • Anybody have extra badges to sell? A forlorn hope, I know.
  • Is PAX East or PAX South the real Tabletop PAX? Only time will tell, but here is some data for thought:

PAX East is simply larger. It has more of everything. PAX South has 47% of the Expo hall space, and also exactly 47% of the TT-area Expo space that East has. It also has only 54% of the panels that East has.

There is less of everything at South, but Tabletop has better relative representation.

At East, Tabletop booths spill over into Expo and take up 5.5% of that space. At South, that spillover is 10.5% in a smaller expo hall. At East, Tabletop-related panels take up 8.3% of the schedule, while with a smaller panel schedule at South, tabletop-related panels are now 10.6% of the schedule.

Game checkouts are also much higher at East (but I don't have full data yet, nor total attendance to bounce off of). Once I get this, I will run this metric, as well as the average BGG weight value for the avg game checkout, so to see who plays more "real" games.

• Tabletop at South doesn't push in. It fills in the vacancy left by the absence of AAA game publishers. Like, oh, there's free space and prices are lower? I can actually afford to setup shop at this PAX!