This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Comments

• Andrew said:

If I lose first round I'm eco until 4. (unless someone drops guns)

When you say Eco, you literally go just Glock/USP/P2000 or a P250?

I'll try out the cheap rifles and see if I prefer it to the SMG or pistol route.
  • This guy has pretty amazing spray control, I wouldn't even think of facing for that long against multiple enemies.
  • sK0pe said:

I'll try out the cheap rifles and see if I prefer it to the SMG or pistol route.

I tried out going pistol and a smoke / flash / HE grenade and it works really well for me as a CT. I don't I feel more comfortable / accurate using a Five seveN than a Tec-9.

The big plus of this route is getting an AK or an M4 in round 3 and you can potentially keep the same pistol if your team gets rolling.

I tried the Galil and FAMAS, they seem fine when they work but I tend to still sell them.

So far the best results on Terrorist have been mowing down people with the Bizon. It's high risk high reward but getting 2 or 3 kills end up giving me $1200 - 1800 extra easy.

I've also found playing with friends who don't know how to use their rifles and buy Negevs extremely hard to carry :disappointed:
  • edited February 2015
    sK0pe said:

I don't I feel more comfortable / accurate using a Five seveN than a Tec-9.

Uh, what? Whatever gets you frags man, but...
    image image
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • Starfox said:

sK0pe said:

I don't I feel more comfortable / accurate using a Five seveN than a Tec-9.

Uh, what? Whatever gets you frags man, but...
    image image
    I will often do a Tec 9 armour rush if we are in an iffy situation.

I think I play a bit more conservatively on 2nd round after a pistol win on CT and go for head shots.
    Losing 2nd round after winning pistols I've personally found to be devastating on CT.
  • If you want to get your mind blown play a few of these mirrored maps.
  • sK0pe said:

If you want to get your mind blown play a few of these mirrored maps.

OMG why did it take so long for this to happen? Also, I can never play them or my head will explode.
  • Apreche said:

sK0pe said:

OMG why did it take so long for this to happen? Also, I can never play them or my head will explode.
    They were common in the old days of CS. ;^)

• Rym said:

Apreche said:

sK0pe said:

They were common in the old days of CS. ;^)

I never saw one.
  • FRC CS:GO server reverse maps only?
  • There's a "major" going on right now. That just means Valve-sanctioned, with a large prize pool. Both the American teams are out after the group stage :(
  • I had a very sad day on CS:GO today.

Started up a ranked game, decently high rank (whatever 4 stars is). The entire enemy team dies immediately. Then again. Then again. Suicides every time. Thought that maybe the map was glitching out, but someone then told me about the update to CS:GO to include experience.

Apparently people are playing ranked games to grind XP, then ending them as quickly as possible in order to get skins. Trolls now have a monetary (albeit small) incentive to troll in a mode that I actually care about. Guess community servers are back in season.
  • edited June 2015
    Report them for griefing. Small consolation, I know, hopefully next time they'll get banned.

I think the hope is that the ranking system is going to eventually be used to discourage cheating and griefing. Prevent new accounts from messing with you(r presumably seasoned account).

Edit: and I thought in competitive mode you got xp for match score? I.e. you lose 0-16 you're not going to get any xp.
  • Starfox said:

Report them for griefing. Small consolation, I know, hopefully next time they'll get banned.

Can't report opponents for griefing. Something else I learned today.
    Starfox said:

Edit: and I thought in competitive mode you got xp for match score? I.e. you lose 0-16 you're not going to get any xp.

Can't speak to that. I have yet to be that thoroughly wrecked.
  • edited June 2015
    Lt. Chibi said:

Starfox said:

Can too.

And not that it saved you a shitty game or anything, but the other team wouldn't have gotten any XP by suiciding every round to lose quickly.
  • Starfox said:

Lt. Chibi said:

Starfox said:

Can too.

And not that it saved you a shitty game or anything, but the other team wouldn't have gotten any XP by suiciding every round to lose quickly.
    That's... really weird. Griefing was greyed out for every one of my opponents. I stand corrected.

• Cheating is the worst.

But.

I wouldn't mind seeing an all-hacks tournament. Anything goes. Walls? Sure. Triggerbotting? Bring it on. Maybe people bring in counter-hacks. Counter-counter-hacks. Somebody has to win.
  • That would be interesting. Titanfall kind of did that - they had a cheaters-only section of the game, where it was all just aimbot v aimbot, but they never made a tournament of it.
  • What was that like? Insanity all the time, or not much happening because everyone dies instantly?

Even if CS:HAX turned out to be not fun to watch, at least the rounds should be over quickly.
  • Dunno, there wasn't exactly anything else released about it, as far as I know, and didn't get put there myself to tell you. I think there might have been an article about it, but damned if I remember where I saw it.
  • edited September 2015
    The Legend of the Black Blues Player
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Pair that guy with Rym, and this guy, and it's like 3/4 of a band.

• They just dropped a big update, with a new gun. R8 revolver.

Did I mention it's accurate while running and a 1HKO in the leg?

Aside from that, it's unlike anything else in CS. You have to click and hold, and then a second later it fires. I'm not a game design genius, so I don't want to trash it right away. Maybe I'll get used to it, but man, it doesn't feel good.
  • Feels opposite to everything in CSGO, more like a TF2 type weapon. Weird.
  • Also, it's buggy as fuck. Can shoot it during pre-round freeze time. Can shoot it while defusing. Can hold right click to shoot immediately, instead of waiting for the hammer to cock.

It really needs fixing. Gaben pls
  • This gun is crazy, 4 times more accurate on a ladder than most rifles, similar accuracy to the AWP in general, jump shooting is the same as the Scout, crouching accuracy is better than the AK47. Run and gun is better than any SMG.

If you have $850 there is no reason to buy any other weapon.
  • This gun is to modern CS what the original P90 was to old CS.

When that added that gun, it was an unstoppable death machine.
  • RIP R8 2015-2015

I'm still worried though.
  • AWPistol was hilarious while it lasted, but, last night I made a thing with gamestate integration!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3wxe8g/gamestateintegration_bomb_timer_you_can_use_from/