This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Wednesday - Adventure Time in Continuance

Comments

• Oh. My. Glob. So much biz in the episodes this year.
  • And there's apparently going to be a miniseries between season 6 and 7.
  • So anyone catch the newest episode? The fuck was that?
  • So anyone catch the newest episode? The fuck was that?

Guest animator. This is the third episode they've had so far (the other two being "A Glitch is a Glitch" and "Food Chain").

You can safely ignore them. They're non-canon.
  • Daikun said:

So anyone catch the newest episode? The fuck was that?

Guest animator. This is the third episode they've had so far (the other two being "A Glitch is a Glitch" and "Food Chain").

You can safely ignore them. They're non-canon.
    Yeah but those seem more intentionally non-canon in a concept-episode sort of way and I actually enjoyed them. This seemed more non canon in a Threshold sort of way. At first I thought maybe it was trying to parody some preschooler cartoon and was going to shift back into a normal halfway through because there was some weird curse keeping them all in a childlike state or something like that.
  • I liked the waterpark episode for all the simple slice-of-life "hah that's how they actually work" moments and I thought the art was kinda cool.

And everyone absolutely hates it and I dunno if I'm in the right universe or what.
  • So in guess anyone hasn't heard, the final episodes of season 6 air this week.

Just like the Steven Bomb, it'll be a week-long event. June 1-5 at 6PM (half-hour special on Friday).
  • Daikun said:

So in guess anyone hasn't heard, the final episodes of season 6 air this week.

Just like the Steven Bomb, it'll be a week-long event. June 1-5 at 6PM (half-hour special on Friday).

Oh, shit gotta catch up. Oh, look at that thunderstorm conveniently rolling in tonight.
  • OMG THOSE GRABLES
  • Apreche said:

OMG THOSE GRABLES

RIGHT?
  • I think one of the coolest things in Adventure Time is the just constant reinforcement of the theme that everything is temporary. I mean, it's post-apocalyptic for starters, but even the apocalypse has an apocalypse coming. We've seen it, repeatedly.

But the best part is that it's not even really a bad thing. That world is just kind of the natural order; Princess Bubblegum rejecting it in Grables is presented as horrifyingly unnatural, while the persistence of Marceline and the Ice King is sad and terrifying, respectively. It's p heavy stuff for a show that started off as basically random shenanigans.
  • I think one of the coolest things in Adventure Time is the just constant reinforcement of the theme that everything is temporary. I mean, it's post-apocalyptic for starters, but even the apocalypse has an apocalypse coming. We've seen it, repeatedly.

Seriously, how many apocalypses are there so far after the mushroom war? We know there's one because the Lemon child was a shithead who wouldn't help. The comet is probably going to fuck everything up eventually. And Graybles 2000+ is far enough into the future it looks like its after a different apocalypse.

the persistence of Marceline and the Ice King is sad and terrifying, respectively.

Especially when you see what looks like the Ice King at the very end of Graybles 2000+.

• edited October 2015
    After a much-needed break over the Summer (Really, it's been 4 months?! Damn!), Adventure Time returns later this month. Dates and times are currently TBA.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • So ready for more Ooo
  • Man, I gotta catch up and finish this previous season!
  • I didn't realize until recently that there was a real historical Enchiridion.
  • Daikun said:

After a much-needed break over the Summer (Really, it's been 4 months?! Damn!), Adventure Time returns later this month. Dates and times are currently TBA.

Update: Season 7 begins November 2.

• Also, the Stakes mini-series begins November 16.
  • OK, I'm so very up for an 8-part miniseries about Marceline.
  • Apparently the whole Stakes miniseries is already online.
  • I saw that it is, but the resolution is crubbed up at 320 pixoons.

Caught up on S7 tho, damn this show is Killin it.
  • Are you guys enjoying the Stakes arc? If so, you guys might want to check out the AT comic "Spoooktacular 2015." It's canonical to this arc and chronicles Marceline's first fight with The Moon.

https://www.comixology.com/Adventure-Time-2015-Spoooktacular-1/digital-comic/300795
  • Awww, NetFlix took down season 2 before I finished it.
  • Awww, NetFlix took down season 2 before I finished it.

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/anime/adventure-time
  • edited November 2015
    No premieres next week due to Thanksgiving.

The next episode (a new Christmas special) will air on December 2 at 6:30PM.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • The Christmas special has been moved to December 3 at 7PM.
  • New episodes start up again January 7. Here is CN's January schedule.
  • New AT, new SU... I'm digging