This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX South 2016

Comments

• I want to try 504 so much.
  • Weird limbo with Panel status, right now it is neither approved nor rejected and no email was sent out. Having my mood be neutral until I receive the final bit.
  • Who among us will bite the bullet and drop $100 on a copy, though?
  • Its' on Amazon for $83.90

http://amzn.to/1XQ3rJT
  • I might be on a third panel. Details TBD.
  • No way I'm buying 504. I do want to try it though. It was one of very few games I didn't have time for at BGGCon. Getting demos of Stronghold games is really easy based on where I live, though. Buonocore and Engelstein both open their houses up regularly for big gaming days.
  • http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/216551
    It's 65 on csi.

Also, is anyone still looking for a room or still have an available slot? All my friends bailed, so I'm soloing a room at worst.
  • ThatGent said:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/216551
    It's 65 on csi.

Also, is anyone still looking for a room or still have an available slot? All my friends bailed, so I'm soloing a room at worst.

I may need one barring email from my Panel I sent them, once I get the all clear I will give you an update
  • Apreche said:

Its' on Amazon for $83.90

http://amzn.to/1XQ3rJT

Local store has a ding + dent copy with a barely crumpled corner for $75...
  • Third panel looks like a go. Stay tuned. It'll be horrific.
  • Rym said:

Third panel looks like a go. Stay tuned. It'll be horrific.

What you did there, I see it. I see it there.
  • I have succeeded in my quest to add one major publisher to PAX South attendance, who will be running two very popular tournaments.

Was hoping to add some additional tabletop companies, but some are holding out for East or 2017
  • If any of you potential PAX South attendees were on the fence, they've re-opened veteran Enforcer roll call.
  • Uh oh. Are they hard up for [E]?

I have too many panels, and I have to fly out too soon on Sunday, to Enforce this South unfortunately.
  • I would jump on this but would rather have the older "buddy in a hotel room with three others" then get paid over the table. The funds for me are too tight now to actually afford the flight AND a room to volunteer
  • Heads up, Omegathon pre-screening emails have gone out. Check your spam filter.
  • Panel schedule is live. Can finally officially announce the third one.

http://frontrowcrew.com/news/133/geeknights-pax-south-2016-schedule/

Kris and a bunch of other smart people are talking about horror games. And I guess I'll also be talking about horror games.
  • It looks like I'm going to South this year! I live near Boston, so I usually just go to East, and while I did get a pass this year again, my friend is going to be on the Pinny Arcade panel at South and he talked me into coming with him for moral support. I'm also hoping to enter the 7 Wonders tournament, since the First Place Medal has eluded me ever since I won 2nd Place at East a few years ago. I'm hoping the competition might be a little less stiff at the smaller PAX.

Besides that, I even took the next week off, so I'll take a half day to see San Antonio on Friday, and on Monday, I'm driving my friend back to Houston to drop him off at the airport and also meeting up with another friend who is flying down that day. From there, we are driving east to spend the week in New Orleans. Maybe check out some old Plantation manors on the way and take a bayou tour on one of those boats with the big fan on the back. I've never been to Texas or Louisiana, so I'm excited to see some new places.
  • Flights booked. Get Hyped.
  • Anyone want to play FreeMarket at PAX South? We could chargen in a separate thread and do MRCZ creation and memories at PAX. Scheduling is always a pain, so I suggest we play Thursday.
  • okeefe said:

Anyone want to play FreeMarket at PAX South? We could chargen in a separate thread and do MRCZ creation and memories at PAX. Scheduling is always a pain, so I suggest we play Thursday.

Yeeees. I think PAX South is going to be TT RPG wonderland.
  • Apreche said:

okeefe said:

Anyone want to play FreeMarket at PAX South? We could chargen in a separate thread and do MRCZ creation and memories at PAX. Scheduling is always a pain, so I suggest we play Thursday.

In! I bought it and haven't had the chance to play it yet!
  • Apreche said:

Our MRCZ's purpose is to get Scott to put the EVA suit on. Social Engineering challenge.
  • Thursday doesn't work for me however, I arrive at midnight.
  • I arrive Thursday early afternoon. BUT, I fly out Sunday late afternoon.
  • Thursday afternoon until Monday morning. Let's play some games!
  • ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

I will miss not being there.
  • We'll miss you, Ro!

In three weeks, I will be in San Antonio.

I'll bring 504, which I imagine will give Rym & Scott last-minute fuel for that lecture on writing game rules...

I am also interested in Food Chain Magnate and Wizard Extreme. I know I can rely on Matt Morgan to try the former.
  • For that panel, I was originally going to go through lots of specific examples. But it ended up being too tedious in practice. Anecdotal and apocryphal examples instead.

But, at the end, we will switch gears into two case studies. One game with good rules, and one with bad rules.

Right now it's Glory to Rome and Hellas.