This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Miitomo!

edited March 2016 in Video Games
So, Miitomo is out in Japan... which means everyone else almost instantly got it via hacks and apks.
Who here is currently riding the miitomo train?

Post edited by Victor Frost on

Comments

• I can't. I'm rooted and it crashes with root.
  • I can't. I'm rooted and it crashes with root.

I definitely didn't snicker at that, no way no how.
  • Churba said:

I can't. I'm rooted and it crashes with root.

Why is that funny?
  • Churba said:

Why is that funny?
    Two reasons: One, "Root" is Local equivalent slang for "Fuck", second, I'm a giant child.
  • Churba said:

Churba said:

Why is that funny?
    Two reasons: One, "Root" is Local equivalent slang for "Fuck", second, I'm a giant child.
    There it is. That's hilarious.
  • Churba said:

Churba said:

Why is that funny?
    There it is. That's hilarious.
    It's why I didn't get into IT, I'd probably asphyxiate myself by giggling.
  • With previous knowledge that Trump is slang for fart, someone who is "rooting for trump" goes from terrifying troglodyte to hilariously specific fetishist.
  • I hadn't realized that that slang was Australia/NZ only; I guess that's something to keep in mind now.
  • I hadn't realized that that slang was Australia/NZ only; I guess that's something to keep in mind now.

Gettin root access has whole new meaning for people outside of this continent.
  • The friend system in Miitomo is classically Nintendo.
  • Literally everyone is posting their QR codes on Twitter and Facebook and none of them realize that it just lets people get a copy of your Mii in their app. It does not add them as friends.

You can only add Twitter and Facebook friends (or people next to you) as Miitomo friends right now. Apparently an update will fix this somehow.
  • Don't forget, you can also add people who are on the same network as you and click the right symbol.
  • That's what I meant by "next to you."
  • This is some serious candy box. I got a huge surge of friend requests from the Animal Crossing Amiibo Card trade FB page. I can't keep track of who is who.

Also:
  • Yeah, I unfriended someone because I didn't know who they were. Does blocking allow you to remain friends, but not see their messages, or is blocking like what you should do to bad people?
  • Just got miitomo working. Add me somehow. My twitter is @SuperPichu
  • I'm confused by Miifoto. I made a Miifoto. It's easy to share it on Twitter and whatnot. And I can use it in comments on Miitomo discussions. But how do I post it directly to Miitomo? I see other people posting "A recent shot of me" in the feed. How do I do that?
  • It is a question that gets asked, just like any other question. "Hey, we noticed you took a Miifoto..." or "Hey, when you changed your clothes, we took this Miifoto..."

For the latter, you can say "hold on" and tweak the photo, even start from scratch to create one and share that out on your Miitomo feed.
  • The annoyingness of adding people made me delete the app.
  • MATATAT said:

The annoyingness of adding people made me delete the app.

? Adding people is the easiest thing?
  • Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

But only if you are already friends on another social thing or standing next to the person. There's no way to look people up.
  • Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

But only if you are already friends on another social thing or standing next to the person. There's no way to look people up.
    If you're not friends with someone on some social thing, you don't want to add them. Miitomo asks you some serious shit.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

If you're not friends with someone on some social thing, you don't want to add them. Miitomo asks you some serious shit.
    I'm pretty sure you would either need to be friends with me on Facebook, or follow me on Twitter. Me following you would only let you add me. Besides that I have like 3 people between Facebook and Twitter that have it.
  • Obscurity by design. Nintendo needs the teens. Why do you think Snapchat hit big? It's not because messages expire. That is idiotic. It's because it's impossible to find anyone there unless you want to be found, and oh, once you find someone, you can all dress up and take silly lens pictures.

Miitomo is the Nintendo version of Snapchat.
  • Matt said:

Obscurity by design. Nintendo needs the teens. Why do you think Snapchat hit big? It's not because messages expire. That is idiotic. It's because it's impossible to find anyone there unless you want to be found, and oh, once you find someone, you can all dress up and take silly lens pictures.

Miitomo is the Nintendo version of Snapchat.

But Snapchat does let you add people by Username and they have QR codes you can use to add people. Miitomo is more obscured.
  • Also I've tried to get multiple people to just even download it which has been a failure. I think one of my friends downloaded it and made a Mii then never touched it again.
  • I used Miitomo for two days. I've since stopped caring at all.