This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• This happened in my hometown...unfortunately -_-
    Video
    I see stupid people. *goes for the spoon*

@ Omnutia, nice, @ Viga, EWWWWWWWW, Rapping. Bugspray to my aid!
  • edited November 2007
    Animal Crossing

As it was on Penny Arcade, this is probably already old news. But for those who might have missed it, I present the above link.
    Post edited by Katsu on
  • edited November 2007
    Animal Crossing
    As it was on Penny Arcade, this is probably already old news. But for those who might have missed it, I present the above link.
    My friend linked that to me from an LJ community. He even warned me that it's a tear jerker. Boy, was he right.

As for my thing of the day, well past two days: Law & Order SVU & CI Marathon playing all day on the USA Network. ^_^
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited November 2007
    The new Daft Punk live album "Alive 2007". I've been listening to it all day. The mix of Around The World and Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger is the best of all the tracks.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Pizdaus.com

@Sail: I will have to pick that up. "Human after all" wasn't even close to "Discovery".
  • @Sail: I will have to pick that up. "Human after all" wasn't even close to "Discovery".
    I know, total disappointment. The live album more than makes up for it, I dare say.
  • Doom RL has had me by the brain today.
  • =3 I was walking from school to a nearby pawn/used game shop to chat to them about the upcoming anime convention. I called my mother on my cell to tell her my plans to do that and to go get my hair cut. As I was finishing, an old lady came out of her house and walked in front of me. I hung up and for a bit, we walked in silence, as awkward as it was for me. I put in headphones and proceeded to blank.

The lady turned and said something, and I pulled out my headphones.
    "Pardon?"
    "It's such a nice day out, isn't it, I said." She smiles.
    "Yeah, it is..."

Soon, we're having a nice little chat, walking side by side. We discussed the upcoming Santa Parade, Christmas, the weather... And then, we split up; me to keep going straight to my store, and she to the grocery store off to the right.

I felt pretty good. It's not often strangers will pick conversations up with others; specially not grumpy-looking,
    sloppy teenagers like me.
  • Contrary to popular belief there is no shortage of homophobes on XBOX Live

Yes I know this was on Kotaku a while ago, before anyone says.
  • edited November 2007
    My Atari

I also lost today.
    Post edited by Viga on

• I do not regret using 6 minutes of my life watching this. Amazing fan done animation! A classic Gainax piece. Plus Twilight is an awesome song!
  • The Daicon animation was done by fans without computers. Nowadays, there's more fan-made stuff than ever before, but nothing at that kind of quality level. Come on people.
  • The Daicon animation was done by fans without computers. Nowadays, there's more fan-made stuff than ever before, but nothing at that kind of quality level. Come on people.
    Agreed. They set the bar pretty high. Their dedication must of been strong. Knowing fans did it gets me pumped up and inspired!
  • edited November 2007
    Itano circus are awesome.

Also I know more than 75 % knows about this but still it is awesome .
    On Your Mark !
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I wanna post here with a totd!

Now, I found this ages ago, and threw the blog in my Google Reader, though it doesn't update that often, but, I gave it a star and today checked the stuff I starred. This, and another thing on the same blog on the same day. Removed both stars for your info. Now, to not stretch this nonsense talk/rant/post/nonsense (yes nonsense nonsense), I present to you: Happy Waterdrop. IT'S CUTE! The smile cracks me up.
  • I just watched the Ring of Honour "Man Up" pay-per-view. They do professional wrestling like nobody else. Bryan Danielson vs Takeshi Morishima is one of the greatest fueds I've ever seen. Every time those two get into the the ring; there's a special electric atmosphere. It's more than just two guys doing moves, there's a passion there were it really feels like hate each other and want to beat the other man up. As far as I'm concerned, if only for those fifteen minutes, it's still real to me, damnit.
  • Firefox == Spyware?
    Proof that TV people don't get video games
    That second video made me cringe.
  • Kind of ironic, the least secure malware scanner trying to make your computer less secure.
  • Firefox == Spyware?
    Proof that TV people don't get video games
    Mozilla Firefox is an alternative browser which may be vulnerable to a lack of security updates and may perform actions differently than the default browser.
    "MAY be vulnerable to a LACK of security updates". Judging without proof, and of course not taking into account that threats are addressed asap whereas IE has to wait till the next update day. And "may perform actions differently than the default browser." Like rendering pages correctly according to the standards? Hilarious picture, I love how it also states that it "should be removed immediately as to prevent harm to your computer or your privacy." and has a "High" threat level whereas KaZaA has a "Moderate" threat level.

The video made me laugh. "I live with my mother and have a captain Kirk costume. *krak*" If it were so easy to modify a game as to completely take control of your system and wouldn't let you do anything unless you did x, everybody would do it. One of the Digg comments was: "Nooo, please don't repudiate that myth! I've been telling my boss for ages now that I need to complete level 10 before I can retrieve his report file on the computer hard drive." by ufia. Also awesome.

• I love Cowboy Bebop...and Haruhi. Who would've thought this?

Also this video button is really handy. Thanks!
  • VIGA! Marry me! That was awesome! The Cromatie High School one was also fun.
  • I remember seeing something like that with Evangelion too.
  • edited December 2007
    I remember seeing something like that with Evangelion too.
    I think there's a thing for using other anime for an AMV.
    Dokuro + Zetsubou Sensei

Kirby + Zetsubou Sensei

Phoenix Wright + Zetsubou Sensei
    Post edited by Neito on
    edited December 2007
    VGcats extra: Still alive ^_^
    As usual, spoilers for those who haven't played/finished the game.

Some of the Digg comments on this piece, in song/comment order:
    Look at me still commenting while there's science to do.
    When I look on digg it makes me glad I'm not you.
    And look here I've got to run, since there's working to be done,
    For the people who still have a life...
    I'll feel fantastic when your not alive....
    I need a life....
    need a life....
    These definitely replace the actual thing of the day!

Also, since this is the last post anyway: Matrushkapacitors! Once again comments enhance the actual thing.
    Post edited by ... on