This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokémon Sun and Moon

Comments

• There are so many! They're all pretty awesome. Reminder of why the internet is a beautiful place.

Anyone got their Shiney Xerneas yet?
  • MATATAT said:

WHY DOES NO ONE WANT THE SEAL?

Seriously, it took me all of a SECOND RELOOK for the seal to grow on me. Every starter seems to need to hold to CUTE or COOL but you dont really see WACKY. The seal looks fun as heck. Owl is cool too. The fire cat looks boring.
  • Flying grass seems a terrible type combo.
  • Naoza said:

Flying grass seems a terrible type combo.

But a pretty good way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon in Colorado.
  • Naoza said:

Flying grass seems a terrible type combo.

You're incorrect. Tropius is a badass.
  • edited May 2016
    A grass type with no electric resist and a 4x ice weakness when every water type and their mother has ice beam/ice fang etc.

Oh, well, you gain total ground resistance, an element you already resisted pretty well.

Well at least grass is still effective against rock, oh wait, no, you just gave up your resistance to that too.

Don't worry, as a flying type, you can be good against bugs, or wait, you don't have bug resistance anymore either.

Other than grass/bug and its amazing quad-weaknesses, I can't think of a worse blend than grass and flying to lose the advantages of both.
    Post edited by Naoza on
  • You gotta make sacrifices to get the cute owl. Sure, you might win with that water clown, but your pokemon is a fucking clown.
  • edited May 2016
    If it's your inner Timmy you're looking to satisfy, then sure owl is fine, so is the kitty cat. It's Spike all the way down here though.
    Post edited by Naoza on
  • edited May 2016
    So what you're saying is that Flying/Grass will be like playing on hard mode?

Good.

Bring it.

EDIT:

Also, Flying/Grass will straight fuck up many other Grass-types with the possbility for STAB Flying moves and taking 1/4 damage from Grass attacks.

And sure, we lose that Bug resistance, but we also lose an Electric vulnerability.

Owl sphere all day err day.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • So what you're saying is that Flying/Grass will be like playing on hard mode?

Good.

Bring it.

Whether it's hard mode in single player depends on what types the gym leaders are using, but it will definitely be hard mode against real people if you want to actually use that poke.
  • edited May 2016
    We don't know what the evolutions or innate abilities are yet. Also taking a starter through the main game has never been difficult.
    Post edited by Raithnor on
  • Raithnor said:

We don't know what the evolutions or innate abilities are yet. Also taking a starter through the main game has never been difficult.

In G1 it was harder to use Charmander than Bulbasaur or Squirtle due to the types of the early gym leaders.
  • edited May 2016
    Naoza said:

A grass type with no electric resist and a 4x ice weakness when every water type and their mother has ice beam/ice fang etc.

Oh, well, you gain total ground resistance, an element you already resisted pretty well.

Well at least grass is still effective against rock, oh wait, no, you just gave up your resistance to that too.

Don't worry, as a flying type, you can be good against bugs, or wait, you don't have bug resistance anymore either.

Other than grass/bug and its amazing quad-weaknesses, I can't think of a worse blend than grass and flying to lose the advantages of both.

All you're saying is that you need to have a straight-up offensive strategy when using it. Don't try to use it as a wall. There are plenty of great Pokes that are in the same boat. Mienshao is one of my favorites, and its defense is shit. But you don't NEED defense if you hustle up in there and take out your opponent with a KO.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Apreche said:

Raithnor said:

In G1 it was harder to use Charmander than Bulbasaur or Squirtle due to the types of the early gym leaders.
    Fair point,

You spent more time raising a Mankey or one of the Nidorans or even one of the early grass types. The later Pokemons haven't been shy about giving you more useful Pokemons early on. When I played White I had a Fire, Grass, and Water type in fairly short order.

When I train up my ultimate team, I usually breed for the Pokemon I want to use and then train them up how I need them.
  • Raithnor said:

Apreche said:

Raithnor said:

Fair point,

You spent more time raising a Mankey or one of the Nidorans or even one of the early grass types. The later Pokemons haven't been shy about giving you more useful Pokemons early on. When I played White I had a Fire, Grass, and Water type in fairly short order.

When I train up my ultimate team, I usually breed for the Pokemon I want to use and then train them up how I need them.
    I always breed a Butterfree and a Pikachu right away. Butterfree fucking carries that shit.
  • Apreche said:

Raithnor said:

Apreche said:

Raithnor said:

Fair point,

I always breed a Butterfree and a Pikachu right away. Butterfree fucking carries that shit.
    I got Pokémon blue on my 3DS, I can confirm Butterfree is kicking all the ass. I don't remember this game being so painful! There's so much back tracking and grinding to level up your Pokémon (which actually feels more satisfying). Also the manual labour of storing items in the PC because you don't have room to just carry everything, selecting your Pokémon HM in menu to Cut a bush for example, manually getting out your bike each time instead of having to press select. Repel doesn't seem to want to work! ma gahd it, that's the most annoying thing.
  • I'm getting strong Fire/Electric vibes from that cat. The typing only gains a 4x weakness to one of the most common competitive move types.
  • Apreche said:

Raithnor said:

Apreche said:

Raithnor said:

Fair point,

• edited May 2016
    More undecided now. I need to see the evolution forms.

Also the Japanese trailer is far superior

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited May 2016
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • It says a lot that I like these fake pokes more than real ones. I would gladly put Toof, Eg and Bee evolutions in my team. Damp is not bad. Roadkill is kinda like Oddish/Zubat where I like it, but the evolution gets ugly.
  • MATATAT said:

It's tied to your handheld. So if it gets stolen all your digital games are theoretically fucked. You can use the transfer shit to reestablish then with a new console.

You can transfer it if you lose your 3DS (but make sure you know the serial code). I had to do it once when I left mine on a plane. It sucked and I think it took a few days, but it worked and I don't have any issues now.
  • Fullenglish is unable to battle. Trainer used 'Have breakfast'.
  • edited May 2016
    Wardroab is my boi.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • edited May 2016
    Someone needs to make like a Fire Red romhack with those.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on