This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• Bastion, I never reload. If I ever want to reload, I switch between turret/regular: reload is included.
  • ThatGent said:

Blizzard really dropped the ball with not being able to save highlights. Already some amazing teamwork is being lost to the ether.

I thought that's what Youtube/Twitch streaming was for.

As for Tracer, her big weakness is anything that messes with her mobility. Junkrat's mantraps come to mind.
  • I'll admit that Overwatch looks absolutely beautiful and I love the short videos Blizzard has released so far on some of the characters. That being said, I've never been a fan of team-based or deathmatch shooters and I probably won't pick this up. I really love the world they've built though and I wish more companies made games like Left 4 Dead where it's multiplayer, but you're playing against the game. I guess Evolve tried to do something like this where it was group vs 1, but I've read negative things about that game. A Left 4 Dead type of game with the Overwatch characters and world would be awesome.
  • Raithnor said:

ThatGent said:

Blizzard really dropped the ball with not being able to save highlights. Already some amazing teamwork is being lost to the ether.

I thought that's what Youtube/Twitch streaming was for.

As for Tracer, her big weakness is anything that messes with her mobility. Junkrat's mantraps come to mind.
    She dies super easily. I had a situation where I rounded a corner and a Junkrat had died without me knowing. Accidentally stepped right into his "Total Mayhem" and died at full health.
  • Tracer is pretty weak, way often I die before using the rewind as I just don't even realize how fast my health is going down. But also, Junkrat's death explosion does quite a lot of damage.
  • edited May 2016

Bastion as a turret: I've had some success with using pharah at medium/long range by popping out of cover briefly for each rocket. I've also been able to use Mei by popping up a wall in front of bastion but at range is hard because you can not aim it well and risk raising him instead and giving him some nice height advantage. I have yet to play junkrat but I think this might be the counter?

Roadhog is his hard counter with the hook-shoot-punch combo, and any other knockback also works(Winson's slap fairy ult, Pharah's concussion rocket, Buckethead's charge attack) - if you can move him, you can take him out of turret form, and he's got to either retreat, or try to spend that few seconds getting back into turret mode.

Other options are Windowmaker and Hanzo(Out-range him), and Genji(Reflect dem boolets.) There's also a tricky one with Zaraya, where you get close, then get his attention, let him fire into your damage-amp shield(Yours or a useful teammate as a dupe) and then hit him with her laser.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited May 2016
    Man, I might have to get in on this if everyone else on the forum is. We finally got our internet in the new place, so we will see if it works as well as it's supposed to. Also need to figure out the connection situation to my desktop since it was set up for wire-only at the old place and the modem is across the room now.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • I'm in. Gundabad#1463 (I thought I posted this like 2 hours ago but maybe I posted in wrong thread)
  • Quick lunch play. Did a payload. Junkrat's Rip-tire killed like 3 teammates, good thing my Mercy's ultimate was up. Mass resurrect power! XD

Wish I OBSd it.
  • Added everybody here that posted their ID. I'm JoshBytes#1365. Got to play a few matches with ThatGent earlier today. We got a few wins in then lost steam near the end of it all.
  • edited May 2016

Man, I might have to get in on this if everyone else on the forum is. We finally got our internet in the new place, so we will see if it works as well as it's supposed to. Also need to figure out the connection situation to my desktop since it was set up for wire-only at the old place and the modem is across the room now.

Yeah what's the deal with this game? Why is everyone going crazy about it?
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Pegu said:

Yeah what's the deal with this game? Why is everyone going crazy about it?

The variety in character designs hooked a lot of people's interest who don't normally play TF2 and similar games. A lot of people wanting to cosplay these characters even before the game came out.
  • edited May 2016
    Also Dat Ass.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Polygon has a pretty in-depth character guide for those interested:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/23/11744852/overwatch-character-guide
  • I feel that the hard thing is not learning the individual heroes and their abilities, but the relative powerlevels. If I'm playing character A and encounter character B, should I run or should I fight. Stuff like that.
  • Apsup said:

I feel that the hard thing is not learning the individual heroes and their abilities, but the relative powerlevels. If I'm playing character A and encounter character B, should I run or should I fight. Stuff like that.

I think the character guide goes over that in the "Threats" section for each character.
  • edited May 2016
    Genji's skills are all messed up in the article.

I find that, after playing a handful of rounds, Widowmaker is my character of choice. Her sniping and ability to move around quickly to different vantage points is my preferred style in just about every shooter I've played.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Just had a 22 player kill streak as Symmetra. Those turrets are freaking nasty if you put them in the right places. I was playing on Dorado and just put them on the wall next to the cart where they had to turn a corner and the enemy team wasn't smart enough to put a Genji or Pharah up to just bypass them and take them out from afar.
  • They needed that to get back on fans' good side after the Nostalrius fiasco.
  • Raithnor#1122 feel free to add me.
  • edited May 2016
    What's really interesting about this game is that it's really pulling in people who don't usually play FPSes (at least, I don't usually see them play FPSes).

Also, Soldier: 76 for best character.

edit: also, Neito#1592
    Post edited by Neito on
  • I'm really tempted to get this since everybody else seems into it, but FPSes aren't that much of a thing and I'm not sure I'd put in enough time to get good.
  • You know what? Fuck it. Linkigi#1464.
  • You know what? Fuck it.

The basis of many great things in human history.
  • edited May 2016
    My mind was just blow regarding the Overwatch logo:

Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Stayed up way later than I had planned last night because I was unwilling to end night on a loss streak. And when I got the one win I was looking for I was one match away from a level, so I decided to play that one match. And then again, unwillingness to end night on a loss kicked in.
  • edited May 2016
    Played my first weekly brawl last night. http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Weekly_Brawl It was Arcade mode. "More health. Faster ability and ultimate cooldowns. Faster respawn." I stuck with Pharah the entire match. Jumping on rooftops and flying around laying down death from above. Lots of fun.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on