This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• We were playing & getting soundly owned, when one member of our team got really salty and started whining. We ended up playing against him later, on opposing team, and he got potg with bastion, so of course, he continued to rage on match chat about how we all sucked. *eyeroll* I hope Blizzard bans for being annoying af.
  • edited May 2016
    You can mute players if I'm not mistaken. Forget how though. I think you hit the P key and brings up chat options. Found a quick youtube on how to mute players.

Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • One thing I kinda wish this game had was a map. Being able to tell where your teammates are can be really important and the little markers on your screen only work when they are in ahead of you and even with them it can be hard to assess where they exactly are.
  • Yeah, based on character design and poses for the female characters alone - this is not a game for me. I am just done with gratuitous T&A when the male characters are not nearly as sexualized. I can't overlook, forgive, or laugh about the inequity and objectification anymore.
  • My battlenet id is alaric#1701, feel free to send me an invite if you wanna group up occasionally
  • I never touched Symmetra during free weekend and thought she wasn't going to be good. Holy shit was I wrong. She is a super strong defense.
  • MATATAT said:

I never touched Symmetra during free weekend and thought she wasn't going to be good. Holy shit was I wrong. She is a super strong defense.

Her mini turrets are crazy.
  • MATATAT said:

I never touched Symmetra during free weekend and thought she wasn't going to be good. Holy shit was I wrong. She is a super strong defense.

We found that out. Goddamn.
  • Churba said:

MATATAT said:

We found that out. Goddamn.
    I took them out, then promptly died.
  • R.I.P. Vic
  • edited May 2016
    Also, one of the more fun games today - an epic, half-hour slog in Arcade mode against a team of dudes who would pick all one hero. 90% of that game was just a close-in teamfight vs a team of Mei. Which I'm okay with because Mei is Bae, but holy shit that was just a hilarious slog.

After we finally broke through the festival of infinite Mei, we ended up smashing ourselves into a wall of Reinhearts, followed by a Sounder of Roadhogs before we eventually won.

We fucking EARNED that one.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited May 2016
    They they decided to all be Genji. I also learned that Reaper can pull out of Mei's freeze with his wraith form.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

They they decided to all be Genji. I also learned that Reaper can pull out of Mei's freeze with his wraith form.

Hahah that play of the game was literally just me flailing about with Reinhardt's hammer, utterly confused and without any idea of what was going on.
  • Had one match where enemy team decided to go six Genji from the start. The payload was inches away from the end when our team got their shit together and figured out how to fight them. Ended up with a win.
  • edited May 2016
    We fought a team of 6 Winstons which was pretty amusing. They didn't win.

I've also found that it's pretty easy to take out Symmetra's turrets with Reinhardt, simply having your shield up, walking up to them, and smashing them with your hammer.

Edit: re Kate's comment on female characters
    http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Mei
    And
    http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Zarya

I wouldn't qualify these two as hyper-sexualized or typical female body types for games.

Also, http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Pharah isn't sexualized in her costume either. At least it didn't seem so to me. I can't comment on her body because we literally never see her out if her armor.

I agree that the ratio isn't great, but Blizzard has also been listening to players and fans to change this. Zarya was a direct reaction to fan complaints about body types. Tracer had a pose changed to over that was less "look at my butt" because gang complained, but I agree with Dan from Extra Credits on his point of the modeling having too much butt crack.

Phara also isn't sexualized

Blizzard looks like it has plans for more characters as well, and hopefully we will see more variety of females.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • ThatGent said:

That was amazing.

• Edit: re Kate's comment on female characters
    And

I wouldn't qualify these two as hyper-sexualized or typical female body types for games.

Also, http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Pharah isn't sexualized in her costume either. At least it didn't seem so to me. I can't comment on her body because we literally never see her out if her armor.

I agree that the ratio isn't great, but Blizzard has also been listening to players and fans to change this. Zarya was a direct reaction to fan complaints about body types. Tracer had a pose changed to over that was less "look at my butt" because gang complained, but I agree with Dan from Extra Credits on his point of the modeling having too much butt crack.

Blizzard looks like it has plans for more characters as well, and hopefully we will see more variety of females.

Having a few exceptions is nice, but 1) SHINY BUTT POSE, 2) all the rest of the female characters' body types and clothing compared to their male counterparts, and 3) improvement ≠ equality in representation.
  • edited May 2016

That was amazing.

It gets better

*edit* So much better.

Seriously, that 6 Mei team had us going minutes into overtime. I think our saving grace was how they kept icewalling us out of their line of fire after they Q'd.
    Post edited by ThatGent on
  • So I setup my desktop last night and downloaded the game overnight. Going to try to jump on this evening after working out. Battletag is Knoxinator#1324.
  • rehashing for anyone who missed it, I'm Churba#11364
  • Team ATW9K is back! Got the game for my podmates.
  • Rochelle said:

Team ATW9K is back! Got the game for my podmates.

You know what this means, right Churbs?
  • When one is in a parrying contest with an opposing Genji, be sure you're the one who parried second.
  • I'm enjoying the Overwatch, even though I suck at it. Had one beautiful Roadhog moment last night where I saw a Tracer rewind, and remembered where she was three seconds before in time to hookshot and shotgun her as she came out of it.

I really like playing Zayr - she doesn't handle sustained fire well, but she works if you can duck in and out of cover, her secondary fire gives good area denial, and at close range she's something of a powerhouse. I like baiting out sniper fire in order to give big charges for the particle cannon.
  • Rochelle said:

That we should all have a hearthstone tournament?
  • edited May 2016

Edit: re Kate's comment on female characters
    And

Having a few exceptions is nice, but 1) SHINY BUTT POSE, 2) all the rest of the female characters' body types and clothing compared to their male counterparts, and 3) improvement ≠ equality in representation.
    I think your points are spot on. I'm hesitant to get into the game for the reasons you describe even though I know it is a bit moot and I'd be sacrificing people's pleasure at having a nice meaty target to shoot.

I think the solution, because lets be honest I don't mind a little booty, is more non-females with 'dat-ass' to flaunt. I don't mind the charicaturized booty display, if it's all in fun and, crucially, its equally spread across the board as you say.

But in lieu of that, because as much as I would not mind some beefed out dude running amok in his silkies cuz that would be epic and probably appealing to some audiences, I would also just be quite fine with less booty and more shooty. Which is why I also kinda wanna get Doom.
    Post edited by SWATrous on
  • edited May 2016
    Today I learned two things: How to fix my capture software, and some people don't appreciate ninja duels during public games.

Post edited by ThatGent on
  • Churba said:

Rochelle said:

Yes. That is exactly what I meant. Good job.
  • Churba said:

Rochelle said:

Yes. That is exactly what I meant. Good job.
    Bad news on that, I'm not very good at hearthstone, but I'll do my best.