This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• Churba said:

Churba said:

Rochelle said:

Team ATW9K is back! Got the game for my podmates.

You know what this means, right Churbs?
    That we should all have a hearthstone tournament?
    Yes. That is exactly what I meant. Good job.
    Bad news on that, I'm not very good at hearthstone, but I'll do my best.
    Oh, that's too bad. Maybe we could play some Overwatch instead.
  • Genji has a nice robotic booty and I'm sad he is the only one.
  • I was gonna say that I've officially tried all the heroes but I just realized that I've yet to try Bastion. Decided to give the last 4 or so heroes that I'd never touched a go. I'm terrible with Roadhog, Mei is pretty great, and Winston is actually really good, I got PotG on my first game with him.
  • Hanzo is my weakest hero. I just can't get the knack of those arrows.
  • Bastion is very vulnerable to Junkrat, so that's something to keep in mind. I haven't played all of the characters yet, but I do like playing Lucio.

I kinda want to get better at Reinhardt, but melee in this game is tough.
  • I rotate between sniper, turret, and anime mech mostly so far.
  • I'm really liking Zayra. Popping in and out of cover while timing her barriers is fun.
  • So first go at it last night, found out that I'm terrible at all of the offensive heroes. I had the most fun (did best) with Bastion, Winston, and Mercy. Going to keep trying more out and see who gels with my play-style.
  • Mei is seriously one of my favorites to see be played by other people. She is crazy awesome with all her abilities.

I plan on trying to practice vs AI with her.
  • I once hit rank 11. I was very proud.

I really only play enough to do the quests. Though early on after the release I was so desperate for more packs I'd win enough to get 10 more gold if I already had 90.
  • Rym#1513
  • My current life goal is to get play of the game as Mercy. More than likely need to resurrect like 3+ players when there is some AoE ultimate like rip-tire or D.Va self-destruct.
  • edited May 2016
    I've decided that I really want to make Lucio's Sonic Amplifier and backpack. It's super cool and I have all the electronic components already.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Spent the evening getting murdered by Reaper/Mercy teams. What's a good counter for that?
  • Finally bought this last night and played 8 hours straight until the sun came up. I haven't tried everyone, but Mei is by far my favorite. In the current weekly mode she's amazing at contesting payloads with basically no cooldown on the wall or heal.
  • Spent the evening getting murdered by Reaper/Mercy teams. What's a good counter for that?

I'd assume Pharah. She can stay out of Reaper's range and separate the healer from her target with the E-Ability.
  • edited May 2016
    Rochelle said:

My current life goal is to get play of the game as Mercy. More than likely need to resurrect like 3+ players when there is some AoE ultimate like rip-tire or D.Va self-destruct.

Heh, read this, started the game, picked Mercy and got POTG with a triple-res.

Still have not managed to get an epic vote. Particularly annoying when you got a 15 kill streak to win the game and just watched yourself in a POTG :(
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Ikatono#1579
  • edited May 2016
    chaosof99 said:

Rochelle said:

My current life goal is to get play of the game as Mercy. More than likely need to resurrect like 3+ players when there is some AoE ultimate like rip-tire or D.Va self-destruct.

Heh, read this, started the game, picked Mercy and got POTG with a triple-res.

Still have not managed to get an epic vote. Particularly annoying when you got a 15 kill streak to win the game and just watched yourself in a POTG :(
    I almost always vote healers. If there's not card for a healer on my team? Fuck it, I'll vote for the healer on the other team. Even if they're AI and it will never matter to anything.
    chaosof99 said:

Spent the evening getting murdered by Reaper/Mercy teams. What's a good counter for that?

I'd assume Pharah. She can stay out of Reaper's range and separate the healer from her target with the E-Ability.
    Yep. Also widow(distance damage), Mei+teammate combo(divide and conquer with ice wall), roadhog sneak attack(hook-shoot-punch mercy, all over red rover), Reiney's charge to seperate+pin one of them, a pin+hammer hit should kill either one leaving the other vulnerable.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • imageIt could be worse, it could be another fucking McCree ult.

• Still holding off on this game, because everytime I jump on a game it dies shortly after lol.
  • edited May 2016
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Played with SG today after a fun run with Rym. Got into a match against a team with two Torbjorns and got held just inches from payload victory. One of the two Torbjorns starts bragging and taking about all the skill it took.

Okay.

SG goes 4 Torbjorns.

Held them further back than they had us, and when I asked about skill, the guy quit.
  • Okay, turns out that Torby turret and a bastion turret on the flat moving platform things on Zet industries is a)absurdly effective, and b)Fucking hilarious.

Best Idea had in this game so far.
  • Throw some Symmetra turrets on that platform and you've got a mobile laser show.