This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

VIDEOBALL

http://videoball.net/

THIS SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY, we BALLIN'.

Comments

• July 12th, not June 12.
  • Matt said:

July 12th, not June 12.

Fuuuuck
  • Ok, so it's the Tuesday right after CTCon. Not bad timing.
  • Still though, with the htpc this will be excellent.
  • Naoza said:

Still though, with the htpc this will be excellent.

Might have to upgrade the HTPC. Will I be able to get 1080p 60fps constant with my old crappy i3 and ATi card?
  • Two years too late. I'll be Overwatchin
  • I played a few rounds of Videoball at PAX and I thought it was okay, but it's not something that I really felt compelled to play a lot. There is depth there, but it seemed more like the type of depth you'd find from any competitive game where the more you're familiar with strategies the more you could apply them to any given situation. I'd say there is also probably a mastery of techniques in the game, but I just don't really find them interesting comparatively.
  • Apreche said:

Naoza said:

Might have to upgrade the HTPC. Will I be able to get 1080p 60fps constant with my old crappy i3 and ATi card?
    If you do, make sure you get an HDMI 2.0 port on your card. If you ever get a 4k TV, you'll need it to hook your HTPC up to the 60hz port.

• My htpc is just a really old laptop. Thing had xp when I found it in the attic, I think I accidentally stole it from an employer back in Rochester in 2014. It was such garbage they never asked for it back and I just forgot about it. I'm just assuming it'll run on it fine or stream to it fine.
  • Matt said:

Apreche said:

Naoza said:

If you do, make sure you get an HDMI 2.0 port on your card. If you ever get a 4k TV, you'll need it to hook your HTPC up to the 60hz port.

Good to know.

Also, so people know. I recently bought some long HDMI cables on Amazon for streaming purposes. What I didn't realize is that HDMI CL3 cables are THICK. At least I've got something I can use to rappel of my balcony if it becomes necessary.
  • I am down for this once it comes out.
  • This is out BTW. It's getting pretty decent reviews. Also has online.
  • I bought it. I just haven't had time to actually play.
  • Same boat. And also would prefer to play it with my crew on the HTPC, problem is the HTPC is a PoS laptop that shipped with XP that I'm pretty sure I stole from an employer back in Rochester. Cannot run or stream rocket league without EXTREME lag, it emulates at least up to N64 just fine but there's a line somewhere between Mount Your Friends and Rocket League. I guess it's time to build the first real one. You mentioned a sexy new video card in some other thread. Modern cases for htpcs that aren't just prebuilt is another matter, the 2 minutes of searching I did didn't turn anything up.
  • I picked it up and tried a little of arcade mode, lesson 1 of video ball do NOT play this on a keyboard.