This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Overwatch

Comments

• I've been subject to Zarya & Reaper combined unties in separate occasions. Fucking brutal.
  • But when you're on the friendly side of one it's beautiful.
  • I'm pretty sure zarya barrier breaks by giving her 50% charge.
  • edited June 2016
    Zarya's barrier acts more as an overshield rather than an actual barrier. But you can rid it as fast as you can take down the shield health.

Also good to note Symmetra's and Winston's guns are not blocked by Reinhardt's barrier.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Those weird/garbage tactics will work forever playing against scrubs in pubs. It will also be fun forever ;)

But yeah, real strategies require a coordinate team of six, clan style. I play D.Va very differently if the other team is even remotely competent.
  • Also in the coordinated team of six you can get a totally new level of garbage tactics.
  • MATATAT said:

Also good to note Symmetra's and Winston's guns are not blocked by Reinhardt's barrier.

Reinhardt's flame strikes also go through the barrier. It's customary to poke an enemy Reinhardt with it, like a friendly greeting.
  • Apsup said:

Also in the coordinated team of six you can get a totally new level of garbage tactics.

6 Mercys, can't lose
  • pence said:

MATATAT said:

Reinhardt's flame strikes also go through the barrier. It's customary to poke an enemy Reinhardt with it, like a friendly greeting.
    Rein's flame strike, Winston's Tesla Gun, and I believe Symetra's orb deally are all confirmed to go through R's shield.
  • Just had the most bonkers finish.

We had the second objective at 99%, contesting with ~10 seconds left. The defenders killed me and the others in the zone. 5 seconds left - McCree peeks around a corner and High-Noons 3 bad guys and a turret. 2 seconds -

HEROES NEVER DIE

4 of us standing. In the objective. As time expired. On Hanamura.
  • With Zarya's shields her personal one soaks 200 damage, the projected one soaks 400.

As was said, popping her personal barrier gives her 50% charge, but I'm pretty sure if a projected one soaks the full 400 damage in the 2 secs it's up it will 100% charge her damage.

One other thing to note is the shield will still absorb 100% of the damage from the attack that pops it, so if it gets high nooned or whatever and the shield has already taken a hammering, it will still block the full attack.

Oh, and speaking of garbage tactics I got absolutely crushed last night on King's row against a defending team of four Roadhogs, a Lucio and a Mercy. It was horrific...
  • I wish I could eat toast into a microphone but it truly is a tricky business.
  • Sweet baby jesus
  • edited June 2016
    image Was wondering if there was fanart of Zarya doing a Rosie the Riveter pose. The Internet did not disappoint.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Matt said:

Sweet baby jesus

Was... was that a basketball? Good god, can you imagine looking up and seeing THAT flying across the map.
  • I made the most important overdiscovery.

You can turn off the profanity filter.
  • edited June 2016
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Anybody planning to be on late tonight? Due to West Coast-ness I'm usually starting right as everybody else gets off for the night.
  • I expect to be playing late into the night... <_<
  • Yeah I'll be on.
  • Rym said:

I expect to be playing late into the night... <_<</p>

WHAT IS YOUR FUCKING BATTLENET ID
  • Depends on how my date goes how late I'll be on.
  • Friday is when I play board games, I might be on around 10-11 EDT.
  • Neito said:

Depends on how my date goes how late I'll be on.

So ideally I won't see you? Good luck!
  • Andrew said:

Rym said:

Rym's battlenet id is PoncyElf#7734
  • edited June 2016
    Andrew said:

Rym said:

You can find friends based on your friend's list and seeing their friends. Or something like that.

I may have time tonight. Saturday looks more promising.

Does Blizzard have a messenger app like Steam? That would be awesome.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Andrew said:

Rym said:

Rym's battlenet id is PoncyElf#7734
    I died. You killed me.