This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Questions

Comments

• Starfox said:

Churba said:

crew school

What kind of crews?
    Cabin Crew. Flight attendant training.
  • Churba said:

Starfox said:

Churba said:

crew school

What kind of crews?
    Cabin Crew?
  • Churba said:

Starfox said:

Churba said:

crew school

What kind of crews?
    Cabin Crew?
    FTFY

• Coldguy said:

Churba said:

Starfox said:

Churba said:

crew school

What kind of crews?
    Cabin Crew?
    FTFY
    The name of the group is Cabin Crew. You didn't fix nothin'.
  • This may have been covered before but I'm curious what people's thoughts are on ABHPs are.
  • MATATAT said:

This may have been covered before but I'm curious what people's thoughts are on ABHPs are.

What's an ABHP?
  • Account-Based Health Plans. It's a medical plan that also has a HSA with it.
  • They're kind of a scam, and a lot of them became illegal under the ACA because they didn't actually provide good coverage

There are specific circumstances where they might make sense, but my gut says avoid them by and large.
  • edited June 2016
    Rym said:

They're kind of a scam, and a lot of them became illegal under the ACA because they didn't actually provide good coverage

There are specific circumstances where they might make sense, but my gut says avoid them by and large.

Honestly that's sort of how I feel as well. However today I was rereading through my benefits since I thought I had a copay for some reason and was surprised by a larger medical bill I thought would be like $30. Turns out our new plan doesn't have one (I swear it did, but switching benefits companies and being acquired to switch for a THIRD time took me for a loop), but I digress.

I'd originally looked at the HSA plan and immediately said "nope" and opted for the lowest deductible plan. While rereading I discovered that my company will contribute some money to the HSA, and I did some marginal research this morning seeing that you can use it as a source of retiring funds. But I'm also the kind of person who doesn't want to have to consider whether or not I should go to the doctor, which I feel like those plans sort of inadvertently promote.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • What's the best Amazon Smile charity? I have mine set on Doctors without Borders but I haven't really looked at the list.
  • Ikatono said:

What's the best Amazon Smile charity? I have mine set on Doctors without Borders but I haven't really looked at the list.

Pretty sure I have mine set to Child's Play, but I haven't really looked either.
  • I should change mine, I think I have mine set to Wounded Warrior Project.
  • Ikatono said:

What's the best Amazon Smile charity? I have mine set on Doctors without Borders but I haven't really looked at the list.

I would say as long as the charity you've chosen does actual good and you want to support them, it's not really a matter of who is the best. Doctors Without Borders is pretty legit as far as I know, so I wouldn't worry about it. I donate to Child's Play myself.
  • MAGFest has an Amazon smile
  • Coldguy said:

MAGFest has an Amazon smile

I love MAGFest, but if I'm going to donate to a charity, it's going to be a real charity.
  • I am also on the Child's Play wagon.
  • I'm on Red Cross.
  • I think I'm on Creative Commons.
  • Humane Society.
  • So this is kinda weird but chrome keeps freezing when my internet connection is shit. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • Pegu said:

So this is kinda weird but chrome keeps freezing when my internet connection is shit. Has anyone else experienced this?

Buy a new computer.
  • He doesn't have the money right now.
  • Greg said:

He doesn't have the money right now.

Sell a kidney
  • I've been having trouble recently with Twitch in Chrome if the chat is open - I think the cpu time to add lines to the chat when it's high volume interferes with actually rendering the Twitch video.
  • This is for the cat owners in here. How do I get the cats to NOT sit on my keyboard when I am using my Desktop PC?
  • Oddly enough I have the same problem with my pugs.
  • edited July 2016
    Coldguy said:

This is for the cat owners in here. How do I get the cats to NOT sit on my keyboard when I am using my Desktop PC?

Put a box 0n your desk. They will converge to the box. Or box top.

http://pin.it/QTsBRD4

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Put something even better to sit on/in right next to the keyboard. I've had success with kitty heating pads and board game box lids.
  • Coldguy said:

This is for the cat owners in here. How do I get the cats to NOT sit on my keyboard when I am using my Desktop PC?

My male cat was very attention seeking (therefore he couldn't understand why my hands were being used on the keyboard rather than used for petting and why I wasn't looking at him rather than the monitor.

Just train them (how old are your cats @Coldguy). I have space between my monitor and keyboard, my cat now sits in that space and sleeps, he's just comfortable that he is close to me.
    Training regime:
    1. Cat obscures vision or attempts to type with its but -
    2. Say "NO", put him/her on the spot on the desk that you have designated (they will likely want to be on the desk because being at a height is the coolest when you're a cat).
    3. When on the spot that you want the cat to be, pet / massage as much as he/she wants then go back to typing.
    4. Repeat.
    5. Should take about 5 minutes if your cat is over 4 years old and well trained otherwise will probably take a day or two depending on how immature the cat is and how much entitlement it thinks it has.
  • AmpAmp
    edited July 2016
    A good ten years ago I started watching a J-drama that was all about a poor girl who made it into a really prestigious school filled with rich kids. She basically studied all the time, or worked out in the tiny apartment. All the kids at the school pick on her, you know because she is poor and they are not. There are these four super handsome guys who rule the school, and surprise surprise one of them falls in love with our heroin,. But so does one of the other guys I think?. The big scene that I remember is her parents saved up and got her a lobster for lunch so that her bento didn't look so bad, and the bad kids throw it on the ground.

Does anybody know what the hell this is? It's been doing my head in for years! I'm fairly certain that it had a couple of seasons come out of it. People in the know does this sound like something real?

Edit; Never mind I god dam found it! I put lobster drama into youtube and it was in a compilation. State of my life. Its Hana Yori Dango.
    Post edited by Amp on