This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 071212 - New York Anime Festival 2007

edited December 2007 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights, we bring you our coverage of The New York Anime Festival 2007. In the news, the Brooklyn Museum will see Takashi Murakami's works April through July in 2008, and Marvel and Del Rey join forces.

Scott's Thing - Moekkomonster
Rym's Thing - Ye Olde CPM Survey

Comments

• You guys should definitely go see that Murakami exhibit. Two of my friends went to it at our MOCA here and, from their pictures, it was quite awesome.
  • edited December 2007
    The look on Kat's face when you mentioned us peoples at SUNY Purchase was priceless... wish I had a picture.

Thanks for the mention tonight in the show guys. ^_^ Hope to get in touch with you again soon.

P.S. There was a stand at the Con where they were selling the clown pistols. It was kinda hidden.
    Post edited by Hyuga no Butsu on
  • Yeah....I'm not gonna talk about how i squealed at that moment too >_<
  • edited December 2007
    Questions.

1) How does do your games work, as an anime club organizer, I might want to use those as events. I understand match game to a degree (It's like Blankety Blank, right?) but "challenger on fire" sounds intresting.

2) The Yotsuba cosplayer, how young was she? Just as a point of refrence, I couln't tell. Sorry if that sounded creepy.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I'm glad to know that game shows at cons do really well. The game show I ran at my college con did really well so maybe it will do well at a regular con.
  • The game show was a total abortion. :-p I still enjoyed it though.

What did you guys think of that anime stand up "Uncle Yo?"
  • 2) The Yotsuba cosplayer, how young was she? Just as a point of refrence, I couln't tell. Sorry if that sounded creepy.
    Yes, that does sound creepy. You have no need for the age of that girl who went to the NYAF with her father. She's a child cosplaying as Yotsuba! More you need not know. You're supposed to say "Awwwwwwww, cuuuuute" and not "OMG What's her age???"

As for anime for next week: Kino no Tabi! *was listening to old wednesday episodes* Then Scott can change his opinion from "It looks girly" to whatever his eventual opinion will be. Heck, in the same wednesday episode where he said that, or the one after that you guys talked about Galaxy Express 999, which apparently according to Wikipedia is the main influence of the light novels:
    In an interview with Keiichi Sigsawa done by the Anime News Network, he stated that despite the similarities that have been pointed out between The Little Prince and Kino's Journey, it was not one of his main influences. In fact he didn't even read the book until after he wrote Kino's Journey (at which point he stated that he enjoyed it and was honored that his book was being compared with the Little Prince.) His main influence was in fact a manga by the name of Galaxy Express 999.
    Now I shall wait till Dave (and Joel) talk about his(their) second assassination attempt. I mean, it failed again, you two are still alive. Still alive.
  • There need to be a clown pistol war of 2008. Or create a better clown based weapon.
  • edited December 2007
    Now I shall wait till Dave (and Joel) talk about his(their) second assassination attempt. I mean, it failed again, you two are still alive. Still alive.
    We didn't talk about it. I forgot to tell Joel I even did it.
    Post edited by Dave on
  • What exactly are the GeekNights run panels/games going to be at Katsu this year? And do you guys have any idea what sort of time slots you'll have things?
  • We didn't talk about it. I forgot to tell Joel I even did it.
    I know, hence I'm waiting to hear your side of the story. I mean, you can't deny you once again fialed at assasinating them, though did succeed once again in making people laugh out loud. And perhaps Rym's death scream v2.0, but I don't know if he screamed.
  • Now I shall wait till Dave (and Joel) talk about his(their) second assassination attempt. I mean, it failed again, you two are still alive. Still alive.
    I'm dead inside. The inner clown could not retreat in time.
  • What exactly are the GeekNights run panels/games going to be at Katsu this year? And do you guys have any idea what sort of time slots you'll have things?
    We have seven scheduled events, plus a host of unscheduled ones (Atari tournaments and such). The schedule is complete, but I'm hesitating to publish it until Katsucon sends it to the printers.

Suffice to say, Friday night and Saturday night will be epic.
  • After listening to the episode I'm starting to think that I should have come back for Saturday.

I think next year I'll go Friday and Saturday, and get a hotel room for one night.
  • edited December 2007
    There were no Mudkips in the Moekkomonsters! It would have been so gotdamn cute!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on