This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Go!

Comments

• edited July 2016
    For fuck's sake.
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • Not even a joke: PokeMatch
  • Kate called it, 40-ish minutes into the last released show.
  • Last night I rode my bike past the Lustgarten in the center of Berlin. I estimate about 250-300 people hanging out playing pokemon. In the dark. At five past midnight. Sure, I've seen loads of people playing around Berlin so far, but not the hoards I've heard about in other places.
  • Last night there were some pretty severe thunderstorms that ripped through our area. Many trees down blocking roads, but it was all over and clear skies at 9:00. It was a rare night where the kid was sleeping over w/ grandparents, so we decided to make the most of it and go for a late walk around one of the local waterfront towns. Figured everyone would have called it an early night due to the weather, but nope... easily 50 people walking around.
  • Is using pokevision.com cheating?
  • No. The radar features are bugged out anyway. Do whatever makes you enjoy the game.
  • edited July 2016

Is using pokevision.com cheating?

Kinda? I mean, it's a micro-transaction based grinding game with pretty limited player interaction at the moment. It's almost a solo game or a zero interaction game if it wasn't for the relatively unimportant gyms.

Edit, got cut short a bit: Some of the cheating could be self-depriving. Like, if reading the prima official strategy guide to a game or whatever ruined the game for you. And some people who are "legitimately" doing things without hints or tips might feel cheated when they interact with you. Similarly, dudes running fake gps are probably one more degree removed. And then you can go past that into botters, which are even further removed.

Personally I've gone only as far as running my own scripts that worked like pokevision and now I'm trying out Pokenotify which is kinda convenient for work or home sitting around.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • edited July 2016
    Has anyone else seen this? Happened to me today when I was checking on a 10k egg.

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Try margarine.
  • I suddenly wish I had not joined a team. To be level 20, 30, whatever and without having chosen a side...
  • I suddenly wish I had not joined a team. To be level 20, 30, whatever and without having chosen a side...

Yeah, I wonder if it enforces membership. When I hit a gym at L5 it prompted me, and I had to restart the app to avoid a decision at the time, but I wonder if it kicks in as a requirement later?
  • I regret joining team Red every single day I play this game. Blue was the clear choice based on the language, but Red had a very high level gym right next to my house on day 2. This was... day 2 though. I thought it'd be more like Ingress where portals were extremely hard to take down. However, high-traffic areas seem to switch Pokemon gym colors many times per day. So picking against my gut was worthless.
  • Picking with your gut?

RINO... You're secretly a yellow.
  • Valor is the team of Churchill all other teams are inferior.
  • edited July 2016
    I think giving the teams mission statements was a bad idea. Because nerds playing of course want to be on the science team. It should have just been "which color do you like?"
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

I think giving the teams mission statements was a bad idea. Because nerds playing of course want to be on the science team. It should have just been "which color do you like?"

Lack of green is another great reason to not play.
  • Rym said:

Picking with your gut?

RINO... You're secretly a yellow.

Delete your account
  • Green would have been a lovely addition but, meh I'm ambivalent.
  • Blue would have remained best team in any case.
  • The worst would be if they had included green, but given it an awful ideology.
  • Kinda like what they did to yellow. Zapdos is my favourite of the 3 birds, but their idiotic message makes them just objectively the worst team unless you're evil.
  • Apreche said:

The worst would be if they had included green, but given it an awful ideology.

Naoza said:

Kinda like what they did to yellow. Zapdos is my favourite of the 3 birds, but their idiotic message makes them just objectively the worst team unless you're evil.

Hence why giving the teams mission statements was a bad idea IMO.
  • Phoenix was good to me:

And that's was at the airport waiting to go home. Got my fire Pokemon, snakes, a few ground, fighting, and what not. Good times.
  • Rename that Snorlax to Borlax and he'll lift 10 more Pokemons for you.
  • I named him Big Kitteh.
  • edited July 2016
    I was a little let down with how garbage Onix is, but then I remembered that Onix was kind of garbage in Gen 1 anyway.

Snorlax is a beast. I just tried to roll a gym with a 2020 Snorlax on the top, and I timed out of the fucker 6 times in a row.

Course, then I just actually like tried with Vaporeon, and did just fine.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Rochelle said:

I named him Big Kitteh.