This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Miitomo!

2»

Comments

• So far it's day two of use, still enjoying it. Though I have a few friends who apparently send a lot of time on it :-p
  • Yeah, I accepted a lot of friend invites day 1. Probably going to purge my list soon.
  • Cremlian said:

So far it's day two of use, still enjoying it. Though I have a few friends who apparently send a lot of time on it :-p

Seriously people. Only answer like, 3 questions a day. 5 tops. When I keep seeing the same face over and over again I gloss over your answers and close the app.
  • Don't forget that if you log into the My Nintendo rewards website, there are way more rewards available than what you see in the "Rewards" tab in the Miitomo app.

On the My Nintendo site, you can spend your Miitomo points as well as your Platinum points (which at the moment are earned by doing things like linking accounts, logging into eShop and Miiverse on regular basis, etc.). If you have 1,000 points combined between these two (functionally identical) currencies, you can get actual free games. The two worth getting at the moment are an exclusive Zelda: Twilight Princess picross, and the WarioWare DS game as a 3DS virtual console title (I think this is unique as they don't have DS games up for sale in eShop).

There are a bunch of other free games on the rewards page, but don't bother. They all require gold points, not platinum or Miitomo. Gold points are only earned when you spend real $$$ in eShops buying other stuff.
  • This sounds like hell.
  • okeefe said:

This sounds like hell.

To be fair, hell is far less pointless.
  • Creating three new currencies, two of which are functionally identical and interchangeable yet earned and tracked in different ways, is surely the move of a sadist.
  • Matt said:

Creating three new currencies, two of which are functionally identical and interchangeable yet earned and tracked in different ways, is surely the move of a sadist.

It's one of those psychological gatchapon hide-how-much-money-you-actually-have tricks.
  • Apparently maybe 1/4 of the people who downloaded it have launched the app since... May?

Have any of you opened Miitomo on purpose in the last several months?
  • Rym said:

Apparently maybe 1/4 of the people who downloaded it have launched the app since... May?

Have any of you opened Miitomo on purpose in the last several months?

Yeah, I'll open it once or twice a month just a skim over any new answers from people. Nothing much else, though.
  • Deleted them. PokemonGO is the crack and I'm taking a break from that.
  • I deleted it pretty fast. I just couldn't really get people interested in it.
  • I check it every morning, but I see the same three/four people answering all the questions. I wonder if I'll hit the bottom of the barrell.
  • I didn't finish Mii creation.
  • I might unfriend most of the people I friended, scale it back to just people I know very, very well in person. And then see if I use it more.
  • edited August 2016
    I definitely came to the same conclusion, that I was friends with too many fringe people, but by time I started pruning the list, I'd already lost interest.

I was pretty diligent for a while for one reason: Miitomo lets you generate a shit-ton of points in this new Nintendo rewards program, and traditionally, Nintendo has put up some pretty awesome exclusive stuff. I couldn't stick with it though, and truthfully, Nintendo might be done with cool physical rewards.

Oh, and the app update they made was pathetic. They took away the need to spend candy to hear unlimited answers from specific friends. Now you can instead use the candy to play more drop games, in hopes of winning drop game tickets, which will invariably result in you getting more candy.... fuck that.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Matt said:

I was pretty diligent for a while for one reason: Miitomo lets you generate a shit-ton of points in this new Nintendo rewards program, and traditionally, Nintendo has put up some pretty awesome exclusive stuff. I couldn't stick with it though, and truthfully, Nintendo might be done with cool physical rewards.

So far, the only thing I've seen in there for the points you can get from miitomo is vouchers and 3ds themes.
  • They're interchangeable with the silver points, so I was able to spend a combined thousand and get Zelda Picross. They also had the WarioWare GBA game up as 3DS Virtual Console download. Everything else was crap.

I suspect that if some awesome physical reward came out, at this point they'd break the silver/miitomo coin relationship and exclude miitomo points.
  • Matt said:

They're interchangeable with the silver points, so I was able to spend a combined thousand and get Zelda Picross. They also had the WarioWare GBA game up as 3DS Virtual Console download. Everything else was crap.

I suspect that if some awesome physical reward came out, at this point they'd break the silver/miitomo coin relationship and exclude miitomo points.

No, I mean they're literally not in the Australian E-shop. Just vouchers and themes. Zelda Picross is up right now, but wasn't when I last checked a month or so ago. The virtual console games are gold only(both pilotwings), and everything else is just vouchers, including some gold only vouchers.
  • Ohhhhh yeah. Different regions and stuff. F'in Nintendo.
  • I open it every week or so, but mostly to use the miitomo picture thing.
  • Matt said:

Ohhhhh yeah. Different regions and stuff. F'in Nintendo.

It isn't even scratching the surface of their dumb region shit - for quite a while, it was significantly more expensive to buy on Eshop than to just go to a store and buy the carts. Streetpass relays, literally just getting a store to plug in a relay box? Nah, not a single one in the entire country. Events? Good fucking luck!