This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest 2017

Comments

• WROOOAAAGHHH!
  • WROOOAAAGHHH!
  • Naoza said:

WROOOAAAGHHH!

• edited August 2016
    Got room in April, enjoying watch people scramble over the last couple of days ^_^
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I tried to in May, wasn't possible at the places I wanted. So I got one anyway, that I've since cancelled because it was entirely too far.
  • edited August 2016
    I got a room one day after the dates were announced. When it comes to MAGfest, I do not f*** around.
    Naoza said:

How do you spell the Colossus roar?

D-I-E I-N A F-I-R-E. That's how your spell it.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • edited August 2016
    Rym said:

Naoza said:

WROOOAAAGHHH!

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Well, badge servers basically instantly went down and are shut off for the night. Anyone get a badge? I didn't, I was driving when the tweet got sent out.
  • We were also driving and did not get our order in. And now:
    You guys broke our internets.
    We're super-sorry for the delay, we are working to get our registration system back up, please check back tomorrow.

If you have any questions please check Magfest.org or contact us via the website or social media.

-GAME PAUSED-
  • I'm not worried about badges with magfest though, passes are easy.
  • Naoza said:

I'm not worried about badges with magfest though, passes are easy.

I'm confident this is because of the new pricing structure they are introducing. There are only X # of badges available at each price point. If they sell out before the date of the next price increase, the price increase kicks in immediately.

You literally CANNOT just wait til the last day before the price goes up to buy at the current price. And no one except the people running the con know how many passes are available at each price tier, so everyone tried to reg as soon as reg opened.

• Rym said:

Naoza said:

WROOOAAAGHHH!

A beautiful cry if I ever heard.
  • I'll get mine as soon as I hear they are out. I don't worry about hotels much. Leaving in NoVa sometimes has its perks.
  • Rym said:

Naoza said:

WROOOAAAGHHH!

• edited August 2016

Rym said:

Naoza said:

WROOOAAAGHHH!

Though two of you are some of my oldest friends and one of you is my husband, you are all dead to me.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • The roar is literally one of my favorite things about MAGFest.

• Rym said:

The roar is literally one of my favorite things about MAGFest.

What was that? I thought I heard the ghost of Rym roar. Too bad his wrongness is so deafening that we cannot hear his cries from the great beyond. Rest in peace, my dear friend. Rest in peace.
  • "What plague ravaged so many of your friends, Kate?"
    "They died from an incurable case of obnoxious. It was tragic. I lost so many in a span of hours. May they game in peace, as we do now without them."
  • I've witnessed too many people who can't roar. You hear "WROOOAAAGHHH!" from one hallway and then some loser in the other hallway is like "AAAAAAH!" Colossus doesn't go "AAAAAAH!"
  • I don't enjoy the roar in the hallways, but I like it when performers do it and the audience responds.
  • "They died from an incurable case of obnoxious."

If this was going to kill us, we'd be dead like six times over.

• "They died from an incurable case of obnoxious."

If this was going to kill us, we'd be dead like six times over.

We're all cats. We got 3 left.
  • RymRym
    edited August 2016
    It's an expression of camaraderie and joy. It specifically means "This is MAGFest, and I, currently am feeling it: I hope that if you are also feeling it, you will respond in kind, so that our feeling will spread throughout the land."

The two best moments at my first MAGFest were:

1. Standing outside the hotel, the roar happens inside while the doors are open. A lone soul responds from the woods outside in the night.

2. At 3am, when few people were still feeling it, one dude did it. No one responded. The feeling was not there. Someone yelled "it's 3am!" and then all was quiet.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • So many deaths...
  • Last year was my first MAGFest and I did notice, the roar was a sometimes thing. Happens casually in the hallway dance area, but in the computer museum, it's quieter, no roars in there. In there is a time of quiet nostalgic fulfillment.

The roar has it's own glorious place in MAGFest.
  • edited August 2016
    Post edited by Coldguy on
  • My brother and I have badges, so MAGFest is a go!