This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nutrition, Health, & Fitness

167891012»

Comments

• Naoza said:

I'm no expert, but I've heard the secret is sit-ups, lots and lots of sit-ups. 100 a day, right next to your squats and pushups.

Don't forget that 10K, never forget leg day.
  • Like most things, 6-packs are more a function of diet than any exercise. The trick isn't to make your muscles bulge, it's to remove all the fat covering them.
  • Naoza said:

I'm no expert, but I've heard the secret is sit-ups, lots and lots of sit-ups. 100 a day, right next to your squats and pushups.

I heard it's 100 sit ups, 100 push ups, 100 squats, and a 10k run every single day.
  • I'd do that, but I like my hair too much.
  • zehaeva said:

I'd do that, but I like my hair too much.

Not a problem here.
  • AmpAmp
    edited August 2016
    Naoza said:

I am steadily working towards the Onepunch-work-out. The only problem is that its too dam hot to run at the moment. Other than that its coming on well. I just hope my hair doesn't fall out.

Edit; That said if anyone know some good neck/back exercises I would love to know I'm on day 4 of a bangover and would love to not go through this again.
    Post edited by Amp on
  • Well if you really want to do Onepunch work out, it won't work unless you fully do the one one punch lifestyle. That means you cannot ever use your AC during summer or your heat during winter and never ever ever give up even when your muscles strain.
  • As I can't afford AC I am well on my way to that.
  • Eh, I'd rather keep being a chubby checkers than do the one punch workout. That's just too much.
  • You could do the workout the Zack McGowan work out (from Black Sails)
    Five days a week,
McGowan ran for 13 miles, did 400 pull-ups—all from a dead-hang, with no kipping—200 push-ups in two sets of 100, 25 handstand push-ups, and 50 inverted sit-ups.
  • OK, trying that 100 continuous push-ups thing now in addition to my workout routine. First day was pretty brutal.
  • Are you doing that 100 pushup challenge regime, or just doing it regular-like?
  • I'm doing the 6-week regime. Started with 8-12-8-8-10 today on 60s intervals.
  • Andrew said:

I'm doing the 6-week regime. Started with 8-12-8-8-10 today on 60s intervals.

60s means that you rest 60 seconds for every set right?

Good luck dude, is doable. and, very rewarding at the end. don't forget to get some protein. I recommend egg white powder, it goes well with smoothies (fat free Greek yogurt, seasonal berries, and fat free milk or water) .
  • How important is it to regulate your diet in terms of what you eat if you're exercising? Is it that important to eat extra protein as a lay person doing casual sports/cardio?
  • Rym said:

High impact anything, so your bones aren't fragile when you're old and fall over.

Or, if you value your joints, proper weight training.
  • How important is it to regulate your diet in terms of what you eat if you're exercising? Is it that important to eat extra protein as a lay person doing casual sports/cardio?

From everything I've read on the subject, unless you are looking to bulk up visually, you don't really need to have extra protein. Muscles will still get stronger on a normal amount. It's generally more important to make sure you have the protein soon after a workout to speed up the recovery.

As far as other diet things, this is purely anecdotal from how my body behaves, but the one thing I make sure I do on workout days is to not have any sugar before the workout. Even just having a glass of juice in the morning will make me feel a lot worse when exercising in the evening. I don't have facts to explain exactly why this happens, but I'm sure it's related to the inflammation that sugar causes.
  • edited August 2016
    Surprised to be feeling DOMS after my pushups the other day. Didn't know those muscle groups were so weak.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Update on progress, things are a bit monotonic lately since I'm not bothering with logging anything but a new low.

• McDonald's is doing something interesting for the next few weeks.

Buy a Happy Meal, get a fitness tracker.
  • Daikun said:

McDonald's is doing something interesting for the next few weeks.

That's a piece of junk that will work for 5 minutes if you're lucky.
  • edited August 2016
    Buy over-salted, fatty, and usually nutritionally redundant food and get a fitness tracker that your kid will likely never use. Way to waste more plastic, McD's.

Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Holy shit, I need to start running again. I've not felt this unfit in my whole life.
  • If I go for more than a few days without at least one serious run, I feel pretty blargle.
  • I'm on the exact opposite end right now, I need to force myself to stop running until my foot heals. I keep thinking it feels okay when I start, but the next day it hurts like hell again. I'm not looking forward to how much I atrophy.
  • Daikun said:

McDonald's is doing something interesting for the next few weeks.

Well, that didn't last.