This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Productivity Log

Have you accomplished a thing today? Tell us about it! What have you done that made you feel like you accomplished a thing?

Friday night I went over my friends house and we swapped the entire suspension on his Fiesta in 2 hours, and then fixed our fuck up in 10 minutes. Cleaned everything up and were sitting on the couch before 9 pm.

Saturday
-Cleaned out most of the things in our old fridge so someone from craigslist can take it.
-Dropped the fuel tank on the project car so it can get replaced by the new tank with an in tank fuel pump.
-In the process of dropping the tank, finally found the damn wire for the fuel level gauge. (HUGE DEAL)
-Tutored my young cousin in the ways of automobiles by getting him to help me.
-Destroyed it at a game of Power Grid.

Sunday
-Again helped my friend with his Fiesta, this time we swapped the whole cat back exhaust. Snapped off an exhaust stud in the process (BAD), but was able to press out the base of the stud with a C-clamp (holy crap was this a clutch save for our day).
-Finished cleaning out the fridge and defrosted the freezer door. Apparently it had accumulated it's weight in frost.
-Waited around for craigslist guy that never showed, but if he had we would have gotten rid of the fridge too.

Comments

• We already have no-shit talk of your day. Duplicate thread?
  • edited August 2016
    This morning:
    - Logged into work early to review the MST (Military Sexual Trauma )inventory of claims and reassign accordingly to my trainees
    - Worked on some high priority claims. One claim sent to the rating board to where it looks like we'll be able to grant benefits
    - Contacted a veteran about her claim pending rating decision if we need to go out for additional records. Previously contacted her in March about her previously denied claim to let her know we can help her out. She ended up having an anxiety attack on me and potential suicidal risk. Was able to calm her down and tell her that her claim is being rated today. Will follow up on claim to where it should finalized by end of day. Will follow up with her in a few days to see if she received the decision letter. (more than likely we're granting benefits going back almost 2 years $$$$). She was able to calm down. We ended up having a conversation to where I made her laugh. She told me she hasn't laughed in over a year and thanked me for being able to have her do so.
    - Now taking care of some Homeless veteran claims so we can get them benefits as well.
    - Made a .gif to poke fun at Scott
    - Various emails answering questions and assisting my trainees on their questions for MST stuff.

So far a pretty good, but hectic day.

Edit: It's not shit talk because I never intended to do most of these things other than work.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Apreche said:

We already have no-shit talk of your day. Duplicate thread?

What have you done lately since you're hardly spending any time on the couch?
  • Apreche said:

Saturday - Biked 40 miles, edited photos, cooked Blue Apron, read book, made video, cleaned apartment,
    Sunday - Street Fair, Netrunner Tournament, Party at Chase's, read comics, Early sleep
    Today - go to work, make podcast, special pre-opening dinner at new BBQ restaurant, read, sleep.
  • Apreche said:

Apreche said:

Saturday - Biked 40 miles, edited photos, cooked Blue Apron, read book, made video, cleaned apartment,
    Sunday - Street Fair, Netrunner Tournament, Party at Chase's, read comics, Early sleep
    Today - go to work, make podcast, special pre-opening dinner at new BBQ restaurant, read, sleep.
    Nice. ^_^
  • Technically counts as today, but I made a badass intro for the next episode of Steven U U late last night. Took forever but it came out VERY nice. Ro, Rym, Coldguy, and George can see it because it's on my patreon.
  • Last night I mowed the lawn, got groceries and then threw together an awesome ramen stock.
  • Applied to the USS Constitution Museum. The ship itself requires you to be active navy, but the museum and gift shop jobs are available to civilians.
  • edited August 2016
    Last night I hung out with my friend who's visiting after work. We got dinner and drinks and then saw Florence Foster Jenkins.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Last night, I busted out my ironing board and ironed all my dress shirts and folded them neatly into my suitcase in preparation for 13 days in Italy, 8 of which will be spent with Relatives and 4 of which will be spent attending the Festa de Stanta Fortunata, for the first time since I was 4. Ya'll will be PAXing I'll be eating gelato and drinking espresso and copious amounts of red wine on the Spanish steps. So yeah, lots of time spent watching shows while doing laundry and ironing and packing.
  • Today I spent 6 hours operating a jackhammer to successfully demolish our front walk.

All the tired.
  • Today I spent 6 hours operating a jackhammer to successfully demolish our front walk.

All the tired.

That's the kind of thing you usually just hire someone to deal with. I'm at least hoping you rented the jackhammer. I can't imagine you will need it frequently enough to be worth buying.
  • Yup, rental. I could've hired someone, but fuck it. I'm a big boy, I can handle 6 hours of jacking.
  • Yup, rental. I could've hired someone, but fuck it. I'm a big boy, I can handle 6 hours of jacking.

• I had these weird achy reverberations in my arm muscles after day after day of hammering metal. It was unlike any other muscle fatigue I've experienced. I wonder if jackhammering has a similar effect.
  • After 769 days and upwards of 150k words worth of drafts, the core narrative rules for my magical girl RPG 5 Across the Heart is now completely, totally, 100% done. And it only comes in at 5.5k words!
  • I had these weird achy reverberations in my arm muscles after day after day of hammering metal. It was unlike any other muscle fatigue I've experienced. I wonder if jackhammering has a similar effect.

I know what you're talking about, and yeah, it's similar. It's actually not as bad with the jackhammer, though - hand hammering uses far more of your muscle power, while the jackhammer does most of the actual hard work. The tough part there is controlling the thing.

• Apreche said:

Today I spent 6 hours operating a jackhammer to successfully demolish our front walk.

All the tired.

That's the kind of thing you usually just hire someone to deal with. I'm at least hoping you rented the jackhammer. I can't imagine you will need it frequently enough to be worth buying.
    Would have been much more expensive. And we just bought a house and a car, and the credit card is now in "holy shit throw money at it" territory. So yeah, doing it ourselves was much more doable. And the damn thing was crumbling, so it needed to be taken care of.
  • WE GOT RID OF OUR DAMN FRIDGE!!! After fussing with craigslist people for a week, we finally found a responsible adult to take our old fridge. And that means no more fridge sitting in the middle of our kitchen getting in the way of EVERYTHING. We are so happy.

I also helped my dad and brother change the main seal on their lawn mower, which involved cracking the crankcase open. I'm proud that we were able to do that, put it back together, and it doesn't leak (especially since we reused the case steel shim gasket).
  • God it's so hard to actually get rid of appliances on Craigslist, so many people flake at the last second.