This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Civilization V - Patreon GMR Game!

Some time soon, we'll be starting a Civ V game with GMR: myself and seven Patreon Patrons.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/civilization-v-6488763

I offered invites to the superbackers first. If they don't fill the game, then I'll open it up to regular patrons. 8 players, continents map, standard rules, all expansions/DLC.

As with all the other games, I'll be recording each of my turns for a future video, and we'll try to keep global diplomacy within THIS thread for your viewing pleasure.

Comments

• My desktop hasn't been able to play civ v in a while need to see if I can fire up the laptop if I can get in.
  • Coldguy said:

My desktop hasn't been able to play civ v in a while need to see if I can fire up the laptop if I can get in.

I had a problem, turns out it was because I had ShadowPlay turned on. As soon as I turned it off, everything worked great.
  • Apreche said:

Coldguy said:

My desktop hasn't been able to play civ v in a while need to see if I can fire up the laptop if I can get in.

I had a problem, turns out it was because I had ShadowPlay turned on. As soon as I turned it off, everything worked great.
    That was not it, after much troubleshooting it turns out that the GTX 750 on my desktop just can't do it anymore, but my laptop is able to handle it just fine. This is odd, but may be in the market for new cheapo card for my shitty desktop
  • I just want to place salty bets on the game.

Rym -250
    Spartacus -250
    Chris Reimer/Thomas Hahn +110
  • Woohoo! This should be a good time.
  • I have a full game of players! I'll be sending invites out to to join and set the game up this weekend!
  • Gang up on Rym. Seriously. Don't be stupid.
  • Hmmm, does ganging up on Rym lead to me winning in a greater or lesser % of games?
  • Naoza said:

Hmmm, does ganging up on Rym lead to me winning in a greater or lesser % of games?

If you don't gang up on him, Rym will win. Your only chance of winning is to gang up and eliminate Rym. Then the remaining players will all have a chance.
  • Apreche said:

Naoza said:

Hmmm, does ganging up on Rym lead to me winning in a greater or lesser % of games?

If you don't gang up on him, Rym will win. Your only chance of winning is to gang up and eliminate Rym. Then the remaining players will all have a chance.
    Didn't we go over this the last time the more you tell people what to do the less they will do it.
  • Coldguy said:

Apreche said:

Naoza said:

Didn't we go over this the last time the more you tell people what to do the less they will do it.
    And Rym wins every time they don't listen. LISTEN.
  • Uh, it's my first game with Rym, all I have there is your word, and even if true, it's also Rym's first game with me. I could be a huge pro and wipe the floor with everyone and you should have been saying gang up on me.
  • Naoza said:

Uh, it's my first game with Rym, all I have there is your word, and even if true, it's also Rym's first game with me. I could be a huge pro and wipe the floor with everyone and you should have been saying gang up on me.

I hope for your sake that is true. If not, gang up on Rym.
  • See, Scott's saying "Gang up against Rym, it's your only chance to win", but that sounds a hell of a lot like "Gang up with Rym, and you'll win" to me, since it takes everybody ganging up to have a chance of taking him down.
  • The most important thing is that if everyone gangs up on Rym, his chance of winning will be zero.
  • See, but that's true of you too, if everyone gangs up on you your chance of winning is 0.

I don't care about either number, the only number I care about is MY chance of winning. All ganging up on Rym does the same for my chance of winning as all ganging up on you.
  • I'm not playing in this game.
  • I never break deals in Civ games. Ever.
  • edited August 2016
    Rym said:

I never break deals in Civ games. Ever.

Of course not. Because that would take the challenge out of turning it to your advantage while sticking to the very letter of the agreement. It's half the fun of playing with other people.

I mean, Scott's right. But Ganging up won't work either, because Rym's smarter than me, which means he knows Scott's right too. Trust me on this.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I believe the alignment is Lawful Evil :-p
  • Rym said:

I never break deals in Civ games. Ever.

Read the fine print on all your deals very very carefully.
  • Have the invites been sent or not yet? Haven't seen anything as of yet.
  • They'll be sent before the end of the weekend. Calm yourselves ;) I have PAX stuff to prepare.
  • Its cool just wanted to check I wasn't missing out on anything.
  • I've opted to watch this from a distance, since I'm not that good at Civ. Should be fun.

Now if you want to play EU4, I'll happily start as a one-province minor and eat you anyways. ;)
  • Always gang up on the best player. Aggressive expansion, get religion, and don't let him do shit.

I'd have loved to join this game but I'll try and get the next one.
  • edited September 2016
    Seems as though there's only five people in it. I specifically installed civ on my laptop so I could take my first turn or two from Italy, but seems as though it'll not start for a while yet.
    Post edited by Naoza on
  • I have warmed up and studied my opening, start the game darn it.
  • We should have started earlier and I should have picked Rome or Venice, both would be pretty terrible choices of civ in a game like this, but there could have been a picture of my city in front of the the actual forum or grand canal respectively.
  • I'm back from PAX! Now I can wrangle the last people who haven't finished joining the game and get it started!