This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Nintendo 3DS

1444546474850»

Comments

• Aren't these EU only?

I live in the USA.
  • The new 3DS is not really the new DSi... For a start it adds a new control stick.

The main reason to upgrade is they motherfucking FIXED the 3D! It's UNBREAKABLE. The sound also got a significant boost and if you turn it all the way up it's almost too loud.

If you have a job and regularly play your 3DS I can't see any reason to wait. I didn't.

Then again, I have the smaller version here in NZ, and that is ONE SEXY MACHINE. I do NOT miss my XL at all, the screen is still big enough. You don't even notice.
  • edited January 2015
    I am waiting for the Zelda themed one to appear.

Edit: Majoras Mask edition?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • edited January 2015
    You could just swap out the face plates. I saw some last weekend for the New XL that were pretty much custom made for Ro.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • HMTKSteve said:

I am waiting for the Zelda themed one to appear.

Edit: Majoras Mask edition?

Good luck buddy. That is the latest in a running trend with Nintendo as of late: majorly understocking limited edition runs of certain items (sometimes not even telling the consumer that it was limited in the first place). Nintendo's fan base is starting to tip heavily over to adult collectors, as there is so much competition for the kids, so scalping Nintendo products has become quite profitable. Those Majora's Mask 3DSs sold out instantly from what I can tell. Hopefully they do an additional run.

• I did not preorder the link between worlds 3ds xl yet I purchased two of them.
  • Ruffas said:

You could just swap out the face plates. I saw some last weekend for the New XL that were pretty much custom made for Ro.

OH.MY.GOD.

∑(゚Д゚)
  • If'n you plan on picking up a New 3DS XL whenever they come out in the US, I could go see if they still have them.
  • Naw. It's ok. Wasn't planning to. I'm fine with my Gamer Cat skin. Thanks, though.
  • edited February 2015
    Decided to get up early before work since there is a Target near my work and see if I could snag a Majora's Mask 3DS. I got there at like 6:20 and the store opens at 7 and there were already ~16 people in line with the first 5 getting the MM units. Oh well. Gonna wait a bit and see if they do another run of them or something.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • They have some in stock on target.com right now so I just barely ordered one. Hooray!
  • If there was one in store I would have bought it but I just bought the Zelda XL last year!
  • lol well shit, all the Target orders are getting cancelled.
  • I am still waiting for my MetaKnight preorder from best buy. Keeps getting pushed back.
  • edited September 2015
    I've been taking my 3DS with me on my commutes lately, but have been playing with no volume. I can't stand wired earbuds. I wish Nintendo would allow Bluetooth, but nope.

However, this inspired me: https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/2jirwr/diy_mod_adding_bluetooth_to_the_3ds_in_a_portable/

I really just need a tiny aux jack that is the size of the ones you get from Logitech, but I have yet to see anything like that so far. Need to keep searching. I don't really want to attach anything to the back of my 3DS since the faceplates are removable.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Anyone know a legit way to share 3D pictures that isn't http://stereotastic.com/ ?
  • Sounds like Mario Maker will be coming to the 3ds. I'm sorta done with it at this point but it sounds like a good idea. It sounds like it doesn't have online level sharing though so that sorta defeats the purpose of what made that game so good.
  • MATATAT said:

Sounds like Mario Maker will be coming to the 3ds. I'm sorta done with it at this point but it sounds like a good idea. It sounds like it doesn't have online level sharing though so that sorta defeats the purpose of what made that game so good.

This is great. Yeah, it won't have online, but that's fine. I just wanted to make Marios, and I don't want to buy a WiiU. Going to pre-order this shit. I can still share levels with people nearby, so all my friends will be tortured by my levels, and hopefully they will also send me theirs.

I'll probably get an NX, though.
  • If you are more into making Mario levels and have lots of friends to share levels around with I can see how 3DS Mario Maker can be for you, but I want to play Mario, I want to experience the best levels people have come up with Mario Maker and that just isn't possible with 3DS version. Thus it's dead to me.
  • I haven't done Mario Maker in ages, but I had the disc in two nights ago, working on a Mario 3 Bowser castle. Sort of an odd moment when 5 min into working on this level, the PAX omegathon goes off, and it's Mario 3. I forgot how much damn fun it can be to make Mario levels.

Nintendo's approach to online level sharing has been bungled since Day 1, so I'm not shocked they are just going to cut the feature entirely for 3DS. Does it make sense? No. Can I understand it in a "Nintendo being Nintendo" way? Yeah, not a shocker.

Speaking of that Omegathon though, WHAT THE FUCK. How are you that bad at Mario 3? How do you make your way to the top of the Omegathon, get your ass handed to you in Mario by someone who obviously had never even played a Mario game before, then come back the next year, get to the top of the Omegathon AGAIN, and then STILL suck horribly at Mario? The guy who won was obviously better, but none of them had an understanding of how to get a high score. There was no example of learning through ten minutes of play, where someone said "oh hey this gives me points, I should do more of that!" No, they just both fumbled through it for 10 min and one guy was able to beat Boomer, so he won.
  • There's a theory that the guy is losing on purpose so he can Omeganaut over and over again. He can practice rounds 1-4 as much as possible to guarantee getting in the finals, and then just lose intentionally.

Or he just fucking sucks. SHAAAAAME. BOOOOO.
  • The guy on the left (the winner) was learning as he went. If you notice, he started going faster and faster. Right guy doesn't appear to have the capacity for learning.
  • Rym said:

The guy on the left (the winner) was learning as he went. If you notice, he started going faster and faster. Right guy doesn't appear to have the capacity for learning.

Which gives even more credence to the intentional losing hypothesis.
  • edited September 2016
    Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

Sounds like Mario Maker will be coming to the 3ds. I'm sorta done with it at this point but it sounds like a good idea. It sounds like it doesn't have online level sharing though so that sorta defeats the purpose of what made that game so good.

This is great. Yeah, it won't have online, but that's fine. I just wanted to make Marios, and I don't want to buy a WiiU. Going to pre-order this shit. I can still share levels with people nearby, so all my friends will be tortured by my levels, and hopefully they will also send me theirs.
    Apparently, that was a misinterpretation - there will be online, it will support the 100 Mario challenge, Nintendo curated courses, etc. You just won't be able to search custom courses, at least at launch, though no word if they're adding the feature later - apparently, it's something to do with not all the WiiU courses being compatible with the 3ds. I think it's possible to do, but I think ninty is just holding off for some reason.

Post edited by Churba on
  • I was going to say, the game's basically useless if it doesn't have any online at all.
  • Churba said:

Apparently, that was a misinterpretation - there will be online, it will support the 100 Mario challenge, Nintendo curated courses, etc. You just won't be able to search custom courses, at least at launch, though no word if they're adding the feature later - apparently, it's something to do with not all the WiiU courses being compatible with the 3ds. I think it's possible to do, but I think ninty is just holding off for some reason.

I knew that. The thing is that 100 mario challenge is good if you want to play random shitty Mario levels with decent level being a rarity and good level being miracle. Meanwhile the Nintendo curated levels are fine, but they are also limited in number.

• New Phoenix Wright is out.
  • Picross 3D Round 2 is out and nothing else matters.

It's all I've been playing for the past week.