This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Tuesday - Captain Sonar

13»

Comments

• Before I posted I remember Dazzle's past preferences in movie tastes...
  • Rym said:

Dazzle369 said:

Guardians of the Galaxy is a garbage movie. The music is great on it's own, that's why they didn't bother to make any.

I have the opposite opinion. Guardians of the Galaxy is the best MCU movie ever made.
    I am with Run on this one. Winter Soldier is my #1 with GotG as #2.
  • Rochelle said:

I remember and love The Matrix soundtrack but was highly disappointed that it didn't have Massive Attack's Dissolved Girl on it, even though it was in the movie where I'm willing to bet most people don't remember which scene.

The Matrix website had a link to it. The text was "music playing on Neo's headphones"
  • There's definitely some criticism to be leveled at GotG but taken as a whole its a funny movie with a good soundtrack and good plot. 8.5-9 range. Excellent.
  • Cremlian said:

Before I posted I remember Dazzle's past preferences in movie tastes...

Those member berries gotchu!
  • Even the Matrix sequels had some good tunes. I will confess to have done many a workout listening to Mona Lisa Overdrive.
  • Turn...it......up

• Dazzle369 said:

Rym said:

Dazzle369 said:

Guardians of the Galaxy is a garbage movie. The music is great on it's own, that's why they didn't bother to make any.

I have the opposite opinion. Guardians of the Galaxy is the best MCU movie ever made.
    If Guardians is the 'best', that says something very sad about Marvel movies.
    You hate every Marvel movie but Blade which is very, very dated. That's pretty contrarian.

Also, I might throw Captain America 3: Civil War in with the best Marvel films. Currently it's my favorite, but I will have to rewatch it to solidify that rating.
  • Nukerjsr said:

Dazzle369 said:

Rym said:

Dazzle369 said:

If Guardians is the 'best', that says something very sad about Marvel movies.
    You hate every Marvel movie but Blade which is very, very dated. That's pretty contrarian.

Also, I might throw Captain America 3: Civil War in with the best Marvel films. Currently it's my favorite, but I will have to rewatch it to solidify that rating.
    Hate is a strong word. I described it as garbage. I continue to enjoy Blade 1 for a variety of reasons, and if you compare it to other Marvel films anyway; it's very different from the rest.

I'm not even saying Blade 1 is a great or good film, but I enjoy it. As I enjoy Spiderman 1 and 2. If we're talking about 'best' Marvel film, my vote is on Blade 1, with Spider 2 a close second. I could argue for the first Hulk movie as an ok film, but whatever.

Deadpool as an exception, I found was very entertaining, yet I have no desire to watch it ever again. Antman was ok, but still meh. I actually don't remember much about it.

Marvel films have near zero appeal to me anymore. No drama, no real peril, generic copy paste plots and tropes, crap action, etc. etc. etc.

There's one reason to see any Marvel film ever, and that's to see all the CGI and intricate animation (primarily Ironman suits). Which doesn't compete with Avatar.
  • For a second there I thought you meant the Shyamalan Avatar and I was about to have words for you.
  • MATATAT said:

For a second there I thought you meant the Shyamalan Avatar and I was about to have words for you.

lmao omg! I haven't even...