This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anime Match Game @ CT Con 07

edited October 2007 in Conventions
Hello I'm Sandi. At ConnectiCon this yr I was one of the winners of an event called Anime Match Game that was held by Geeknights. It was great fun I must say and Rym and Scott came up with really funny questions to ask. My favorite part I think was when I couldn't remember the name of one of the voice actors that were on the panel, so I asked Rym and he couldn't remember either! I had a wonderful time! At the end of the event (and really throughout the entire thing) Rym and Scott promised me (and the other winners) that if we e-mailed them they would send us a prize. Well that was 4 months ago and I have not received a prize or been contacted by them. The last time they e-mailed me was back in August. They said they were just about to send out the prizes and would contact me again soon. I have e-mailed them repeatedly since then and am sure I have been blocked by their e-mail account. I want my prize. I was promised one so I should receive one! I came on here in hopes of getting my story out. Please Geeknights contact me and send me my prize!

~Sandi

Comments

• Yeah Scrym! Stop being shit talkers ~_^
  • Oh, we've gotten every single one of your emails.
    Basically, CTcon didn't give us any prizes.  The voice actors put us on the spot, so we might have been less than forthcoming with actual prizes. ^_~  The reason we're delayed now is that, since we dropped the ball, we're waiting for our new T-shirts to be finished so that we can include them with said prizes.  Since the art isn't quite done yet, I've been avoiding the issue and quietly waiting...
    That said, Sandyk5 deserves extra points for tenaciousness. 
  • And you didn't respond to one of those E-mails?
  • And you didn't respond to one of those E-mails?
    It was all Rym. He said he would take care of it, and he didn't. I harassed him about it, but he didn't do anything.
  • okay thank you for telling me this. it all would have been avoided if you had just e-mailed me...and I understand that ppl can forget...but for 3 months? Seriously. anyways I will stop e-mailing you every day now that you have told me something. Thank you and please try to remeber to e-mail me with more information :D
    also I am sorry for doing all this...but I don't like to be ignored...if you can't tell ^^; thank you again for letting me know what is going on.

~Sandi
  • ...but I don't like to be ignored...
    That seems to be an understatement.

Tenacious San-D.
    [/lame joke]
  • Hello Sandy! Welcome to the forums, enjoy your stay, if you stay.

Hmmmmmm... Rym shit talking eh.
  • Hey you guys have started to ignore me again. If your not ganna send me anything then please at least tell me instead of constantly saying "oh you should have it soon" and then stop answering any of my e-mails. Please start taking responsibility for what you say. Am I ever ganna get my prize?

~Sandi
  • we're waiting for our new T-shirts to be finished so that we can include them with said prizes.
    If said T-shirts are done we'll hear it on the show. We have not heard about them being finished yet, thus we can assume they are not yet done, so your prize is not yet done.
  • edited December 2007
    Hey you guys have started to ignore me again. If your not ganna send me anything then please at least tell me instead of constantly saying "oh you should have it soon" and then stop answering any of my e-mails. Please start taking responsibility for what you say. Am I ever ganna get my prize?

~Sandi
    Dude, I have had two prizes promised to me, one from over two years ago...Don't get your hopes up.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Dude, I have had two prizes promised to me, one from over two years ago...Don't get your hopes up.
    wow thats pretty sad. Nonetheless, I was promised one so until I am told otherwise I'm ganna keep pestering to get it.
  • I wanna keep this active. If its just the shirts thats keeping you from sending me my prize then just send me my prize, i don't need a shirt but I would very much like my prize.
  • edited December 2007
    Ouch... 6 months waiting for a promised prize. I feel your pain! Good luck.

If you want, Hungryjoe and I will form a "dream team" and represent you in small claims court. ;-)
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • If you want, Hungryjoe and I will form a "dream team" and represent you in small claims court. ;-)
    lol "Objection!!" ..sorry i've always wanted to shout that ^^;
  • If you want, Hungryjoe and I will form a "dream team" and represent you in small claims court. ;-)
    Would you be willing to do some pro bono work for me?
  • This is quickly turning into a class action case!
  • edited December 2007
    This is quickly turning into a class action case!
    I wouldn't push it if I were you. We verbally promised unspecified "prizes" to many people with no certain time frame. If you want to press the time frame issue, do not be surprised if the prizes are totally weak.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • If you want to press the time frame issue, do not be surprised if the prizes are totally weak.
    I believe I promised "possibly non-monetary, non-existant" prizes. ^_~

We do have a list of all the people to whom we owe various forms of free stuff, however, and we intend to make good. We're actually making progress on the T-Shirts. ^_^
  • I'm just looking to get a handsome fee. I don't care what you actually send out as a prize. Don't you know how class action cases work?
  • I'm just looking to get a handsome fee. I don't care what you actually send out as a prize. Don't you know how class action cases work?
    Yeah, some lawyer I've never met sends me a letter. I go type a number into a website, and I get money.
  • Yeah, some lawyer I've never met sends me a letter. I go type a number into a website, and I get money a useless voucher, and the attorney gets a huge fee.
    I fixed that for you.
  • I fixed that for you.
    Hey, $30 for doing almost nothing is not to be sneezed at. When you consider the millions of dollars in pain to the company that did evil, I think the attorney deserves the fee.
  • I fixed that for you.
    Hey, $30 for doing almost nothing is not to be sneezed at. When you consider the millions of dollars in pain to the company shit talkers that did evil, I think the attorney deserves the fee.
    Doesn't New York have a history of some pretty big punitive damages awards?
  • edited December 2007
    Doesn't New York have a history of some pretty big punitive damages awards?
    Yeah, probably.

Regardless, our current governor, Elliot Spitzer, used to be the attorney general. His lawyering resulted in $60 from the RIAA going into my pocket back when I was in college. He also went after the spammers, the spyware, the phishers, and many others. It earned him my vote. Over 70% of the other people in the state felt the same way. See, when the attorney general makes a big lawsuit, the money goes to me doubly, so it's all good.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Well, this time the money will be going to WiP and Sandy . . .
  • Well, this time the money will be going to WiP and Sandy . . .
    ohh money? i'll gladly accept that as my prize! ;p
    This is quickly turning into a class action case!
    I wouldn't push it if I were you. We verbally promised unspecified "prizes" to many people with no certain time frame. If you want to press the time frame issue, do not be surprised if the prizes are totally weak.
    1st thank you for answering me.

2nd i'm happy to wait. i just wanted to make sure you hadn't forgoten bout me...or some variation of that. also I get annoyed when my e-mails go ignored. even if there is no change itd be nice if you would quickly respond to my e-mail with "Sorry still waiting" or something, so i at least know you saw my e-mail and havn't forgoten bout me.
    We're actually making progress on the T-Shirts. ^_^
    Thats what i like to know. as long as you guys don't forget bout me i won't complain. So please next time i e-mail you(i'll wait a little while since you guys have answered me now :D) respond with something. and when there is a change shoot me an e-mail.

again thank you for answering me. I apologize bout my pestering...round here the only way to get ppl to remember something is to bug them bout it so i guess i'm just do that normaly. ^^;
    I'll be waiting quietly back here for some info :D
    ~Sandi
  • also I get annoyed when my e-mails go ignored.
    Question. How many times a week do you send Scrym e-mails? Also, they probably have a list, or at least said they would. (relistening old shows gives good info) Jump down their throat when you hear about the T-shirts being done.

Also, along bothering Scrym less, don't bother to sign your posts. I mean, on top of every post you make there's your avatar and name. We'll know who you are. Signing stuff = formal things. Forum post != formal.
  • also I get annoyed when my e-mails go ignored.
    Question. How many times a week do you send Scrym e-mails? Also, they probably have a list, or at least said they would. (relistening old shows gives good info) Jump down their throat when you hear about the T-shirts being done.
    Last e-mail i received was at the begining of November. I e-mailed them the end of that month...didn't get anythin back for bout 2 weeks so i e-mailed them again. Still nothing so i came on here. also i don't listen to the shows so i don't know these things. all i know is what i am told by these guys when they e-mail me(or answer on forum post)
    Also, along bothering Scrym less, don't bother to sign your posts. I mean, on top of every post you make there's your avatar and name. We'll know who you are. Signing stuff = formal things. Forum post != formal.
    i don't fully understand why putting "~Sandi" at the end on my post would bother ppl but whatever, i'll stop then.
  • also i don't listen to the shows so i don't know these things.
    . . .
    Why don't you listen?
    You are waiting for your prize (swag) from something you pay no attention to whatsoever!? Will you even bother wearing a Geeknights shirt then? "Yeah, I don't care about Geeknights, they just gave me this free shirt for winning one of their contests. Makes a great manual labour shirt."
  • Why don't you listen?
    You are waiting for your prize (swag) from something you pay no attention to whatsoever!?
    i listen ocasionally but i'm not an avid listener. i'm just to busy to sit down a listen to other ppl talk, i don't even listen to my own brother's podcast. don't get me wrong, i have nothin against the show. i think its good and they discuss things that i am interested in but i just don't have the time to listen. and if you notice i never asked for a t-shirt, i just wanted the prize i was promised for playing a game that had nothin to do with geeknights, they were just the hosts. i didn't even know what geeknights was until the end when they told me to go on their website in order to e-mail them my info. i'll still wear the shirt of course and if i get internet at work i may start listening as well.

i really hope i didn't just shoot myself in the foot...