This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

1268269270271272274»

Comments

• Ruffas said:

Short version: I waited two years and moved half way around to be closer to her again, she did...neither of those things. I thought she was interested in me as a person as well as a path to citizenship, and I'm pretty sure she still is, but now I know that while my passport is still as blue as the next American's, I'm not interesting enough for her all on my own.

At least this means I get to move back to Japan guilt free. I was a lot happier there, other than dealing with a long distance relationship, and now I won't have that holding me back.

Shit man that's rough. You're right though, I'm glad you didn't end up some greencard husband but obviously that knowledge doesn't help a ton in the short term.
  • Shit man that's rough. You're right though, I'm glad you didn't end up some greencard husband but obviously that knowledge doesn't help a ton in the short term.

She was always very open about that part, and I didn't really mind that because it was always "I love you, AND you can get me a green card". It's the infidelity that bothers me.

• Well, that's sure as hell understandable. I'm sorry, dude. Silver lining, get to live the dream of many and move back to Japan.
  • Ruffas said:

Shit man that's rough. You're right though, I'm glad you didn't end up some greencard husband but obviously that knowledge doesn't help a ton in the short term.

She was always very open about that part, and I didn't really mind that because it was always "I love you, AND you can get me a green card". It's the infidelity that bothers me.

Oh shit I was just thinking more along the lines of just seeming less interested as time went on, not straight up cheating. I'm sorry man.
    Naoza said:

Well, that's sure as hell understandable. I'm sorry, dude. Silver lining, get to live the dream of many and move back to Japan.

Yeah. Maybe you'll meet some nice Japanese girl and live the weeb dream.
  • Yeah. Maybe you'll meet some nice Japanese girl and live the weeb dream.

I'm pretty sure the weeb dream favors an adorable anime waifu hug pillow over 3D women (I spoke to more than one person who said almost this exact thing), but I appreciate the sentiment.
  • Ruffas said:

I'm pretty sure the weeb dream favors an adorable anime waifu hug pillow over 3D women (I spoke to more than one person who said almost this exact thing), but I appreciate the sentiment.
    I, too, have met people like that. What is WITH that?
  • Ruffas said:

Interacting is hard.
  • Ruffas said:

These are people who are too insecure to support themselves emotionally, let alone a partner.
  • Ruffas said:

Well yeah a real weeb dream would probably be a harem of girls of questionable age and familial relation with an unhealthy obsession with you, but I decided to go with the not weird option.
  • Ruffas said:

Well yeah a real weeb dream would probably be a harem of hug pillows of questionable age and familial relation with an unhealthy obsession with you, but I decided to go with the not weird option.
    Don't worry, the 15 year olds are actually 500 year old vampires.
  • TIL adorable anime waifu hug pillow over 3D women = not weird.
  • What's worse? The otaku that wants to marry a 2D character/pillow or the otaku who wants to marry some actual teenage (or younger) idol whose job it is to act like a 2D character?
  • I spent 2 days with Chris swapping the axle in our pickup truck this weekend. Last night we celebrated 4 years since our first date.
  • Guess I didn't think to post it here, but Katie and I had our first anniversary yesterday. I was legitimately amazed at how good our cake still was after being in the freezer for a year.
  • Yea I know I figured it would be crappy but if you seal it right it turns out pretty good.
  • After a 14 month relationship that I thought had potential I find myself single again. Saddest part? Reactivating my OkCupid profile and seeing that 75% of the profiles were there 15 months ago...
  • 14 months is some time. Hope the good times outweigh the bad, and you can find a new adventure. That is an interesting fact about OKCupid tho... but maybe your odds are improved compared to 14 months ago either way.
  • According to my ex every woman we walked by was flirting with me so.... Yeah... I think I might try offline for a while. Plus, I have a lot of video games in the backlog to get through.
  • HMTKSteve said:

According to my ex every woman we walked by was flirting with me so.... Yeah... I think I might try offline for a while. Plus, I have a lot of video games in the backlog to get through.

Steve's too busy swimming in it for us.