This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Avengers (with spoilers)

15678911»

Comments

• edited May 2016
    You guys are lame. If I had super powers in this reality I would take over the world. Just try and stop me.
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • And I would rise up with my superpowers to try and stop you and save the world. XD
  • I would assume that most superpowers open doors for stable income that doesn't include villany or heroics. I'd just get nice superpowered job and lived stable life.
  • edited May 2016
    Erwin said:

So, if you were to have super powers, would you have signed the accord?

It's pretty pointless. Whether you signed it or not, you're still going to do the same tasks you always do.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Did not expect Tom Scott in this thread.
  • edited May 2016
    The first 1/2 of Civil War was dull as dishwater. ZOMG, these characters do not do "serious" well - at least not in this movie. The dialogue was so strained that even the better actors struggled to make it sound natural. Also, the Secretary of State character was painful. Thankfully, the writers remembered humor and how to write dialogue for kitschy superheroes at some point near the middle of the movie. The early action scenes had some really cool moments, but were so long and undifferentiated that they dragged for me. I never really felt that anyone besides Bucky and the Scarlet Witch were truly invested in the conflict. The best parts involved new character and side characters - the main crew and forced conflict were drab walls on which to hang some nice pictures.

Overall, it was fun, if over-hyped. It was successful in generating excitement for the upcoming Black Panther flick, more of Spiderman 3.0., and Ant-man.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I had high hopes for Suicide Squad. Unfortunately it is getting raked over the coals by the critics.
  • Yo, Logan looks pretty good
  • edited December 2016
    Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer. Looks good.

Off-beat choice for the villain, but I'm behind it. The Vulture isn't exactly one of Spider-Man's Nemesis to the point where Spidey would be scared of him, but considering this is a fledgling spidey it should work and there could be a good dynamic in showcasing their inversions: Spidey being young and enthusiastic while Vulture being old and cynical.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • chaosof99 said:

Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer. Looks good.

Off-beat choice for the villain, but I'm behind it. The Vulture isn't exactly one of Spider-Man's Nemesis to the point where Spidey would be scared of him, but considering this is a fledgling spidey it should work and there could be a good dynamic in showcasing their inversions: Spidey being young and enthusiastic while Vulture being old and cynical.

The Vulture has been depicted poorly and well by many writers. It's the same amount of cheese as Doctor Octopus. This version from the trailer is a great depiction.

Probably the best depiction of Spiderman in film, 100% due to Marvel studios influence.
  • Also, Shocker in that trailer - right in the bus section, the dude punching the side of the bus has his fist light up right before he goes in for the punch.