This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NaNoWriMo

12345679»

Comments

• Apart from the big room, my home is a pretty typical ground floor Berlin apartment. There's a studio for Pola and her art, a dining room, a small kitchen and a small bathroom. But the reason we moved in was the big room, which is about 5m by 14m. Looking from near the door to the back yard, the living room is like this (though these two photos are a few years old), with the big blank wall used for projecting films:

Looking in the other direction is my juggling studio, which is a lot less tidy now than this photo makes out:

Having such a large room is awesome for dinner parties. Back in June we had 37 people over for breakfast:

It turned out that by renting a large apartment wouldn't cost us much more money than our old, tiny, fifth floor place. Pola needed a place to do her art, and that would cost a minimum of 100 euro per month. I need somewhere to train, and the local juggling training space costs 80 euro per month; for the two of us to train together would double that. We paid 350 for the old shit place, and about 580 for the current apartment.

Here are some "before" photos, from after they fixed the floor, but pre-building-work, when we signed the contract (note no window through to the kitchen):
  • Na No Gen Mo.

That is, Generation. Writing a novel? No way, but this. I can do this.
  • Starfox said:

Na No Gen Mo.

That is, Generation. Writing a novel? No way, but this. I can do this.

I'm no programmer but it's an interesting subject so I looked up how other people did it and saw one person who had modeled a group of characters wondering around a haunted house and had the computer describe them going from place to place and talking to each other when they met up.

That's a cool idea but maybe there's a way of having a computer play a tabletop RPG with itself and describe what happens. Something like Apocalypse World, Mouse Guard or Inspectres could be very interesting.