This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2016 Presidential Election

Comments

• HMTKSteve said:

Isn't the child rape thing tied to the Lolita Express guy? Didn't the Clintons fly and associate with him more than Trump?

So? That's some guilt-by-association bullshit right there.
    Not guilt by association. More of a mutually assured destruction.
  • Clinton's not the one being accused of sexually assaulting a minor, though. And you were implying that they were going to be equally guilty because they were in contact with Epstein more than Trump was. It was, in fact, guilt by association.
  • She took many rides on the jet too and attended his parties. Look into Epstein and his prosecution. No one in political power wants this story to get legs because it will drag tons of politicians into the spotlight.
  • Wait, what are you trying to argue here?
  • edited November 2016

Wait, what are you trying to argue here?

That BOTH major party candidates (among others) have too much to lose by an investigation into things that happened on Epstein's jet and home.

When he was prosecuted he went with a plea deal for a small offense, short jail time, and sex offender registry status. He was asked about many public figures and pleaded the fifth. He also agreed to pay off numerous women (some were underage) as part of the deal. The guy is alleged to have run a paedophile ring for the rich and well connected.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • More pertinent question, I suppose: why are you bringing up that point? I was just pointing out that this press conference was allegedly happening (and then didn't).
  • I voted. Whee!
  • I voted. Whee!

Did you register in PA? or did you vote absentee in California, cause... man your vote means a lot more in PA :-p
  • I voted. Whee!

Lucky Duck! My state doesn't allow early voting.

I do hope everyone does. Clinton has this in the bag, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't get out there. Don't just vote for President and leave. There are a number of important senatorial elections this year too, along with state and local elections. There are a lot of people to keep track of, so I like to make a little checklist for myself by checking all the candidates pages out along with commentary about them.
  • Clinton has this in the bag

If only. Trump has closed the gap significantly, and has a good shot at pulling off a win if Hillary doesn't shore up her firewall. As I mentioned on Facebook, keep an eye on New Hampshire and Colorado--if they go, Hillary loses.
  • Well regardless even if trump were to win, a Democrat leaning senate would probably keep him from putting a clown on the supreme court.
  • Cremlian said:

I voted. Whee!

Did you register in PA? or did you vote absentee in California, cause... man your vote means a lot more in PA :-p
    Absentee.
  • Oath keepers, white nationalists, and other alt-right lunatic fringe groups are threatening armed protests and possible revolts if Clinton wins.
  • This election doesn't actually end next Tuesday. If Trump does win, the country nosedives. If Clinton wins, we have four years of potential violence from the alt-right.

Strap yourselves in, folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
  • Oath keepers, white nationalists, and other alt-right lunatic fringe groups are threatening armed protests and possible revolts if Clinton wins.

That's nice, wonder if the police can be bothered to show up.
  • Raithnor said:

Oath keepers, white nationalists, and other alt-right lunatic fringe groups are threatening armed protests and possible revolts if Clinton wins.

They'll show up alright, just not to help.
  • My Aunt in law's commercial is airing in Ohio!

• Naoza said:

Raithnor said:

Oath keepers, white nationalists, and other alt-right lunatic fringe groups are threatening armed protests and possible revolts if Clinton wins.

They'll show up alright, just not to help.
    I just look at the how police responded to the Bundy incident versus the reaction to the average Black Lives Matter protest. Different police forces involved I'll grant you.

Though I severely doubt it, if anything like that happens here in LA, I'm gonna grab my go bag and start filming.
  • Police...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-supporter-gun-voter-intimidation-virginia_us_581cf16ee4b0aac624846eb5

Stop enabling this shit. This is the second time this has happened in my state.
  • I like how the GOP spin is that he's a kindly old man who didn't think anyone would be intimidated.

I'm of the opinion that this asshole knew exactly what he was doing, but in the miniscule chance he really is a doddering old buffoon who didn't know any better: someone that stupid shouldn't own a firearm in the first place. Stupid + gun is just as dangerous as intent + gun.
  • What should we do the night of the election?

I could throw a party at our place. Or we could do a livestream among those of us who follow politics closely.

Or we could do a 6v6 Overwatch...
  • edited November 2016
    Huddle in our fallout shelters? Take a bunch of tranqs and wake up the next day :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I'd join an Overwatch.
  • I'd join an Overwatch.

• Ikatono said:

I'd join an Overwatch.

I'll be just back from pax but fuck it let's go.
  • I'm at a point where literally every negative story about Clinton can be tracked back to either a benign story that someone deliberately twisted to be misleading, gross and often intentional misunderstandings of law and economics on behalf of the author of the article, or most frequently, Russia.
  • edited November 2016
    Rym said:

What should we do the night of the election?

I could throw a party at our place. Or we could do a livestream among those of us who follow politics closely.

Or we could do a 6v6 Overwatch...

Shit yeah, I'm down. One final installment to Game & Watch politics.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Don't post links to that hate channel. Do it again and you will be banned.