This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

2016 Presidential Election

Comments

• Rym said:

Don't post links to that hate channel. Do it again and you will be banned.

It's an anti-Trump video. It's better than you're attempt at making conservatives change their mind.
  • Rym said:

Don't post links to that hate channel. Do it again and you will be banned.

It's an anti-Trump video. It's better than you're attempt at making conservatives change their mind.
    I don't care what it is, don't link to hate channels.
  • Who better to talk down trump supporters and brexiters than an Anti-SJW? He makes some really good points.
  • Never been more nervous about a Tuesday before. Thank glob for games.
  • If the zombie of actual Hitler posted a video of cute puppies, it wouldn't be allowed if for no other reason than it would give views, and therefore money, to actual Hitler.

Also, what kind of piece of shit person are you that you are watching videos on such a channel?
  • Apreche said:

Also, what kind of piece of shit person are you that you are watching videos on such a channel?

I'd like if you didn't make personal insults about me. This is why I think you people hate me.

Politically this person is on the left. He does seem to support all the same things liberals do, like reproductive rights. He just happens to enjoy finding egregious examples of Alt left and make fun of them.
  • Apreche said:

Politically this person is on the left. .
    Kid, just stop.

• Rym said:

Kid, just stop.

Butternut Squash, you're like 5 years older than me. I want you to listen because I once respected/revered you. I want to be a good liberal but people like you push me away. Like I can't give up friends who are trump supporters, I'd have no friends then!

When you spew how much you hate me it makes my hands shake. Like I've learned some much from you on how to run panels and be a entertaining respectable "Geek" but I'll never get respect from you. It's like my dad telling me to kill myself.
  • edited November 2016

Rym said:

Kid, just stop.

When you spew how much you hate me it makes my hands shake.
    Near as I can tell, no one has said they hate you. We think what you're saying is shit and we're calling you on it, but that's different from saying you're shit.
    Like I've learned some much from you on how to run panels and be a entertaining respectable "Geek" but I'll never get respect from you.
    Why do you need his or anyone's respect? Respect yourself.
    It's like my dad telling me to kill myself.
    Bwuh?

Haven't we been through this song and dance before? Honestly dude, if you feel the forum is so mean to you all the time, why are you still here?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited November 2016

Near as I can tell, no one has said they hate you. We think what you're saying is shit and we're calling you on it, but that's different from saying you're shit.

Scott just called me shit. Not "acting like shit" actually shit. That's exactly how people talk to someone that'd be pleased to see dead.

And I'm not faking! I have documentation proving my fragile emotional status. I can take critics. But I found this podcast during a time I really needed a masculine role model.
    Post edited by HalfmoonHex on
  • edited November 2016

a masculine role model.

FUCK. MASCULINITY. KILL IT DEAD.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited November 2016

Scott just called me shit. Not "acting like shit" actually shit. That's exactly how people talk to someone that'd be pleased to see dead.
    Scott will have to come in on this one, but I'm reasonably sure he said that to bring to your attention that this is a behavior he thinks you should correct. But even if he IS just calling you a piece of shit, that's different from wanting you dead.
    And I'm not faking! I have documentation proving my fragile emotional status. I can take critics. But I found this podcast during a time I really needed a masculine role model.
    I'm not saying you're faking. But I think we can both agree you can't take critics because, over the course of five posts, your hands started shaking.

I started listening to Geeknights a little over ten years ago (16 years old) and Rym and Scott very quickly became role models of mine too. But I can handle when they tell me they think I'm wrong and I can fire right back at them when I think they're wrong. If you're five years younger than Rym or Scott, that still puts you as about two years older than me. If you're almost 30 and aren't at the point where you are emotionally solid enough to reckon with people you admire disagreeing with you or being terse with you then, I'm sorry, but you need to get your shit straightened out so that you CAN deal with it or, failing that, find a different community.

a masculine role model.

Pretty sure he meant male but, yeah.
  • I can be wrong I just don't like being the ultimate evil.
  • edited November 2016

I can be wrong I just don't like being the ultimate evil.

No one is saying you're the ultimate evil. But, shit, even if they are, take it on the fucking chin and fire back. Stand up; don't crumble. We aren't gonna treat you like a crystal figurine.
  • edited November 2016
    Please don't fire back. Please don't stand your ground. Just back out now and leave this thread alone so we can discuss the last few days of the election in peace.

If you want to discuss the role of this forum in your life, or work through father issues, how about you start a new thread?
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • We know it's a troll account from that old gomergate "op" and it's still following the script. Just ignore it and resume talking about how the FBI admitted that there was literally nothing new in the emails and the investigation into Clinton remains closed.
  • I was talking about it but every time I end up insulted and called a troll.
  • When will people learn that this forum is way too liberal and discretionary to post reactionary right-wing nonsense?
  • Axel said:

When will people learn that this forum is way too liberal and discretionary to post reactionary right-wing nonsense?

THAT'S IT I'M A COMMUNIST NOW WE'RE GOING TO PURGE YOU
  • edited November 2016
    Rym said:

What should we do the night of the election?

I could throw a party at our place. Or we could do a livestream among those of us who follow politics closely.

Or we could do a 6v6 Overwatch...

So, for serious now, (because I've been tacitly fiddling with OBS to see what I can get away with with it), Would anyone want to do a live, 6v6 Overwatch on Tuesday? And, further, if so, when should we do it?
  • I found this podcast during a time I really needed a masculine role model.

Words you'd never thought you'd hear about your podcast for $1000, Alex.
  • In Actually legit and important news:

The FBI has gone through the new evidence and again recommends no charges against Clinton

Considering that presumably the vast majority of the confiscated e-mails were irrelevant (e.g. either not pertaining to Clinton or duplicates of e-mails the FBI already had off of Clinton's server) it is kind of amazing that it took them this long.

Let's just hope that "they're done and found nothing" finds at least as much traction, if not greater traction than the initial announcement of the investigation being reopened.

The retort from the Trump campaign so far has been "650,000 emails analyzed in a week? IMPOSSIBLE!" even though every single person who has ever done data-comparison in the last decade will tell you that it isn't just only possible, but trivial.
  • Obviously that's just another water proof piece of evidence for how good Hillary is at hiding her dealings. Which means she is even worse than previously assumed.
  • Rym said:

Axel said:

When will people learn that this forum is way too liberal and discretionary to post reactionary right-wing nonsense?

THAT'S IT I'M A COMMUNIST NOW WE'RE GOING TO PURGE YOU
    You can't be a commie because the Ruskies are now supporting Trump!!!! OMG LAZERS PEW PEW PEW!!!!
  • a masculine role model.

Yeah fuck that the only masculinity I want is the bear fighting, long boat owning mad people who fight sea monsters.
    Nukerjsr said:

I found this podcast during a time I really needed a masculine role model.

Haha yeah can see where things went wrong there.
  • Nukerjsr said:

This gave me the giggles.
  • Nukerjsr said:

This gave me the giggles.
    The antiquated concepts of masculinity and femininity give me the giggles.
  • edited November 2016
    So I'm conducting final ballot research in preparation for tomorrow.

Apparently, my local and state politics aren't much better than national-level politics.

The local NY Assembly incumbent is taking a shot at the State Senate. His record is basically 30 years of busybody "protect us from nonexistent threats" legislation and a staggering amount of time devoted to marginal animal cruelty issues. There's very little that actually benefits people. His challenger has no record in the State Senate, but seems to actually care about things like jobs and education. So, kind of a no-brainer for me.

Don't get me wrong, animal cruelty is important - but this guy has spent ~40% of his legislative career on it. There are other issues in my district, bruh.

The Assembly election consists of two county-level politicians vying for the now-empty Assembly seat. One is a lockstep Republican who regurgitates the national talking points (Common Core is bad! Restore the 2nd! Cut taxes!), and the other is a prosecutor whose entire platform consists of four issues. Granted, he's got good ideas for those 4 issues - but still, would it kill you to step out a bit more?

I've vaguely tempted to toss my US Senate vote at Robin Wilson. I'm hesitant to give my support to the Green party, and she has notable Green Party issues (anti nuclear power, ambiguous stance on vaccination), but I'm on board with the vast majority of her platform and I'm into the concept of installing radically progressive people in national legislative bodies.

No real qualms with Schumer, and he's got a hell of a voting record, but she's at least got my attention. I'd also feel slightly better, because otherwise my choices are straight-ticket Democrat, and straight-ticket feels so phoned-in to me.

The Libertarian candidate for US Senate could not be a more stereotypical Libertarian if he tried.

The House race is decided: Tonko vs. a Republican goon. It's not even a decision.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I will be at a metal show during the election, which somehow seems fitting.