This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Rym and Scott legitimately hate me

I was asked by a forum user to make a separate post.

They won't even address me when I offer reply to them. Those two nearly never show me respect.
They won't ask me to leave politely, they won't block me, they interfered with my posts to make it look shady, they won't reply to me like a human conversation.
Why am I still here unless they enjoy mocking me? Are they trying to bait me into fighting back?

Comments

• So what are you trying to prove?

If you want respect, don't link to misogynist youtube channels frequented by right wing nuttos.
  • I'd like you to admit that you hate me, and ask me to leave.
  • If someone posts stupid shit, I'm gonna let em have it no matter who they are. Don't post stupid shit.
  • You called me actual shit.
  • HalfmoonHex, out of baseline respect for our shared humanity and some concern for your mental health I am going to try to talk this through with you.

The first thing you need to understand is that when you come onto this forum and espouse the views that you have been espousing you are no longer being seen as an individual, but as the embodiment of those ideas. The reactions you're getting are responses to those ideas rather than to any particular view of yourself as a person.

In particular, you have not given Rym and Scott sufficient reason to suspect that you are anything other than a dime-a-dozen Gamergate troll. Thus, from their point of view, even if it could possibly be the case that you are expressing your own distinct viewpoint it simply isn't worth their time to check for that possibility.

If they were to have a universally given level of what you refer to as "respect", they would be wasting a *lot* of their time on pointless discussion.

Do you deserve respect as a human being and respect for your rights as one?
    Of course.
    Do you deserve to be hated for the viewpoints you hold?
    Of course not.

If you want anyone to give you respect for your *opinions*, however, that is something that should be earned rather than freely given. On this forum the way you get that is by giving reasoned arguments and by showing an ability to consider others' points without excessive personal bias (although I'll note that certain respected people on the forum are not particularly good at the latter).

Unfortunately you may have trouble doing this after many already see you as a troll, but it's hardly impossible.

I can't speak for everyone on this forum, but your assumptions that we hate you are way off base.

• This thread in one sad music video

• In particular, you have not given Rym and Scott sufficient reason to suspect that you are anything other than a dime-a-dozen Gamergate troll.

Well I don't understand how you think gamergate trolls operate? Is it normal for them to be desperate for approval? Is it normal for them to be well versed in the product they're supposed to infiltrate's content?

I have legitimately enjoyed this show until I met the creators.

Thus, from their point of view, even if it could possibly be the case that you are expressing your own distinct viewpoint it simply isn't worth their time to check for that possibility.

Well I do have original ideas. I was begging people there to give the lower elections the same kind of care and interest of the presidential ones. The president isn't electing the emperor, is one moving part that touches, moves, and is moved by many others.

If they were to have a universally given level of what you refer to as "respect", they would be wasting a *lot* of their time on pointless discussion.

But they have plenty of time to snipe me with insults and jabs. I have only given them personal praise and one time questioned there devotion to their politics, I've never tried to hurt them. They purposefully hurt me.

Unfortunately you may have trouble doing this after many already see you as a troll, but it's hardly impossible.

What could I possibly do to prove I'm not a troll? Even if I self doxed and shared every pro-left thing I've ever done you'd still say it wasn't enough.
  • Listen, Hex.

You don't get to come to someone else's forum, post really offensive shit, repeatedly get asked to defend it, back down and get sad, and then make posts demanding that people admit to something.

Rym and Scott don't hate you. They just hate everything you post and have no patience or tolerance for your viewpoints.

If you are a Gamergater, or were a Gamergater, or if you watch Thunderf00t or AlphaOmegaSin or AmazingAtheist or (etc.), go to areas where people who agree with you are and not here.

If you don't agree with those people, think they are extreme, and prefer the opinions and discourse of this forum, then stay here and abandon those people's ideas.

What you can't do is try to find some middle ground between the shit you keep posting, and what most people here are already at as a baseline.

And again, coming here, posting misogynistic garbage, and then demanding that Rym and Scott "admit they hate you" is actually so ridiculous I can't even call it childish. The fact that you care so much that they like you in spite of you posting garbage is ridiculous. If you like your garbage, then accept that some people literally will not tolerate that or associate with you if you do. Rym and Scott have better things to do than to make their forum accommodating to Gamergater's, Men's Right's Activists, and people who casually listen to those people because "maybe they have a point."

And guess what, Hex? I don't hate you either. I hate Gamergate, and I hate the defense of it, but I don't hate you. I doubt that anyone on this forum does. You haven't called anyone a slur, you haven't scammed us or anything. You've just posted annoying stuff, so it's been removed. If you take that really personally...Don't join other people's forums?
  • Axel said:

Listen, Hex.

You don't get to come to someone else's forum, post really offensive shit, repeatedly get asked to defend it, back down and get sad, and then make posts demanding that people admit to something.

Remember I asked to join to try and defend gamergate. But it wasn't possible.
    Rym and Scott don't hate you. They just hate everything you post and have no patience or tolerance for your viewpoints.
    Yes they do.
    , or if you watch Thunderf00t or AlphaOmegaSin or AmazingAtheist or (etc.), go to areas where people who agree with you are and not here.
    Just because you watch someone doesn't mean they own you. Of those I only watch TF, because he's pretty tame and he likes science. He supported a hate mob one time and I was very dissapointed in him. I gave him strongly worded messages, but I could have done more.
    I kind of thought you'd be happy he was so vocal in supporting Clinton. He speaks to an audience Rym would probably just scream at and scare off.
    What you can't do is try to find some middle ground between the shit you keep posting, and what most people here are already at as a baseline.
    Is there a radical left of feelings hurters?
    And again, coming here, posting misogynistic garbage, and then demanding that Rym and Scott "admit they hate you" is actually so ridiculous I can't even call it childish. The fact that you care so much that they like you in spite of you posting garbage is ridiculous. If you like your garbage, then accept that some people literally will not tolerate that or associate with you if you do. Rym and Scott have better things to do than to make their forum accommodating to Gamergater's, Men's Right's Activists, and people who casually listen to those people because "maybe they have a point."
    Well the problem is you people shut down when you hear something that doesn't fit in your mold. Maybe not all of you but Rym is an example of this. He's so aggressive about keeping republicans out, and applying labels to them. Why can't he celebrate good things?
    And guess what, Hex? I don't hate you either. I hate Gamergate, and I hate the defense of it, but I don't hate you. I doubt that anyone on this forum does. You haven't called anyone a slur, you haven't scammed us or anything. You've just posted annoying stuff, so it's been removed. If you take that really personally...Don't join other people's forums?
    Why even keep me arround then? If you want 0 dissent why not ask me to leave?
  • edited November 2016
    I've dissented with Rym and Scott about things since I first joined this forum.

Difference is, I didn't post stupid videos made by right-wing nutjobs.

Your defense of Thunderf00t really gives it all a way. "He supported a hatemob. I yelled at him, but I could've done more."

Yes, you could've stopped watching him. The point at which him supporting a hatemob was not a breaking point for you ultimately reveals your true character, in that you don't think the horrible things those hatemobs has done is actually the worst thing. You may not like it, but as long as you make the token effort to voice your disapproval, you don't actually have any intention of changing your behaviors to better represent your supposed liberalism.

I actually had no idea who Thunderf00t supported in the election, because I don't watch him, because he supported a hatemob.

As to why you haven't been banned, I don't actually think you've broken a rule. You're probably pretty close, though.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Well it's pretty easy to rationalize his hate mob. A rather wild bunch of feminists sent a letter to his boss with claims that he was secretly in the nazi party. He was pretty clear that no one should be violent and they should just retaliate by bombing the score of her construction business on yelp.

You could be all "Ohh none of that is true feminists never do anything wrong." But this group of feminists recorded the letter writing campaign themselves, and still brag about getting him fired. So the whole thing was a personal spat with two small groups. It's more or less pathetic than anything else.
  • If you want me to feel bad about Thunderf00t, you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't doubt any of what you say about him getting fired, but I can tell you I don't consider him anything resembling a moderate or a liberal, so I don't necessarily care at this point. You can call that hypocritical if you wish, but again, you'll find I'm not really debating with you, so much as making these posts out of relative boredom.
  • He didn't actually get fired they just brag about it like he got fired so they could write it off as a victory. If you like I could post the victory party video, as in a pro-feminism anti-thunderfoot video as posted by the alleged feminist.

I don't think that is Feminism's MO though and I don't think most feminists act like that batch of angry weirdos.
  • I'm pretty sure every time I've tried to engage with you, you begin trying to find ways to get me to sympathize with your positions.

If you're not a GG plant, then you just really confuse me.

I'm done here.
  • edited November 2016
    Aren't people supposed to support their position?
    If you want to engage with me on something we can both agree on ask me which Gundam show is my favorite.

Or even better ask me about Faux-Journalism Horror Fiction Podcasts.
    Post edited by HalfmoonHex on
  • If you want to engage with me on something we can both agree on ask me which Gundam show is my favorite.

Or even better ask me about Faux-Journalism Horror Fiction Podcasts.

If you posted those in the appropriate threads and stopped with the gamergate stuff you'd probably get a real discussion. A lot of people here have been called out for things (I certainly have) and while yours is one of the stronger ones, if they actually wanted you gone for good they would have banned you already.
  • edited November 2016
    Axel said:

If you want me to feel bad about Thunderf00t, you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't doubt any of what you say about him getting fired, but I can tell you I don't consider him anything resembling a moderate or a liberal, so I don't necessarily care at this point. You can call that hypocritical if you wish, but again, you'll find I'm not really debating with you, so much as making these posts out of relative boredom.

(Sorry for Thumbnail, but this video is produced by a satirical feminist Youtuber known as "Hbomberguy" who does essays on video games and jokes about Anti-SJWs like Aurini and Sargon)

Thunderf00t is a delusional nutter like many Gamergate/Anti-Feminist neo-reactionary shills and not listening to them saves you from a life of self-hating misery. He's a liberal in the same way he and his ilk define themselves as "classic liberals" which align more with libertarians. And by going "I don't hate feminists but I still watch this guys videos" still shows you are inclined to listen to this person's opinions over the big picture. It's what separates an actual atheist from an "AmazingAtheist" fan.

Reposting for truth.
    Axel said:

I don't hate you either. I hate Gamergate, and I hate the defense of it, but I don't hate you. I doubt that anyone on this forum does. You haven't called anyone a slur, you haven't scammed us or anything. You've just posted annoying stuff, so it's been removed. If you take that really personally...Don't join other people's forums?

Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Well it's pretty easy to rationalize his hate mob.

Look. Look at what you just typed. What do you even think you're doing?

Anyways, I don't think we hate you, because if anything, hate is far too strong a word for how I feel about you -- I'm simply not that emotionally invested in disliking you. You're merely irritating.
  • Here's the thing HalfmoonHex: You never integrated yourself in this community. The only posts I remember you making that weren't in either the GamerGate or the 2016 Presidential Election thread was from the "Is Gone Home a game?" thread. Even in that thread you started out very confrontational.

We have a lot of stuff here, discuss all sorts of media and personal experiences, share funny internet stuff, get excited about announcements etc. This fosters a communal feeling. Shared interests, seeking out new things or just happening on things previously unseen. It lets us relate to each other and even understand that when people disagree with each other they have a stake in the community and aren't simply out to disturb each other. I myself have had several heated discussions here and there were no ill feelings that really linger from any of that.

I have never seen you partake in any of these. Even if you are well meaning, you have essentially restricted yourself to be the designated dissident in the political discussions. This makes other community members weary and it's easy to see why they have positive feelings about you when the only thing you've ever done is disagree with them in political discussions. That you have made your politics known in a rather clumsy way doesn't help either, but primarily I think the reasons you think people hate you is because you have never provided any reason for people here to like you.
  • I have to say that, while there is a non-zero chance that Hex is posting in all seriousness, I can't shake the feeling that he is not genuine and is stirring the pot. *shrug*
  • You want respect, and you want people to like you. Yet, you only do things that make people not like you. Crying like a three year old trying to get people to feel sorry for you, making a dramatic scene, doesn't help. It has the opposite effect. It makes us like you even less. Posting right wing nonsense, also not helping. Saying anything that is in any way positive about misogynists, racists, homophobes, etc. is also not helping you.

Stop posting awful things. Stop acting like a crying child. Act like an adult. Post good things.

Better yet, go make something. I mean, everyone else here is a creative and productive person who makes cool shit. What do you even do besides attempt and fail at Internet arguing?
  • Dude, seriously!?

This community is very welcoming and willing to forgive those who change. If you just want to come in here and shit all over the place then go home.

If you want to be the sole Republican standard bearer... Well, you better have balls of steel and an iron will as well as top notch debating skills and a strong understanding of the beliefs you are trying to represent. The forum will listen before passing judgement.
  • HMTKSteve said:

If you want to be the sole Republican standard bearer... Well, you better have balls of steel and an iron will as well as top notch debating skills and a strong understanding of the beliefs you are trying to represent. The forum will listen before passing judgement.

I'm not even a republician, I'm just arguing that it's better to learn why they think the way they do than banish them from your life.
    Nukerjsr said:

Axel said:

If you want me to feel bad about Thunderf00t, you're barking up the wrong tree. I don't doubt any of what you say about him getting fired, but I can tell you I don't consider him anything resembling a moderate or a liberal, so I don't necessarily care at this point. You can call that hypocritical if you wish, but again, you'll find I'm not really debating with you, so much as making these posts out of relative boredom.

I don't want you to feel bad for him. I just think he needs explained better. And I'm agreeing that he has done something bad when I was watching him. I don't think most of you can do that, admit something you like is bad but explain that you still like it anyway.
    (Sorry for Thumbnail, but this video is produced by a satirical feminist Youtuber known as "Hbomberguy" who does essays on video games and jokes about Anti-SJWs like Aurini and Sargon)
    He did a pretty good review of undertale.
    Thunderf00t is a delusional nutter like many Gamergate/Anti-Feminist neo-reactionary shills and not listening to them saves you from a life of self-hating misery. He's a liberal in the same way he and his ilk define themselves as "classic liberals" which align more with libertarians. And by going "I don't hate feminists but I still watch this guys videos" still shows you are inclined to listen to this person's opinions over the big picture. It's what separates an actual atheist from an "AmazingAtheist" fan.
    He only complains about egregious examples though. I won't watch someone who say "all of X are evil" but I will watch someone who just points out the bad ones.
  • I have to say that, while there is a non-zero chance that Hex is posting in all seriousness, I can't shake the feeling that he is not genuine and is stirring the pot. *shrug*

Like what would I have to post to show that I'm not a spy? Should I illegally photograph my ballot?
  • No way to prove it definitively. Illegally photographing your ballot would get you nowhere, at least with me.

Try not espousing hate, and like, doing cool things and telling us about them for a while. Maybe we'll cozy up to you.
  • Stop trying to derive self-worth from random internet people.
  • Andrew said:

Stop trying to derive self-worth from random internet people.

• Cremlian said:

Andrew said:

• Axel said:

Cremlian said:

Andrew said:

If you're really desperate for other people's approval, go post in a forum where everyone agrees with you. Here, we argue. We debate. We challenge each other to back up what we post with FACTS.

Understanding why someone has a certain view is not the same as accepting that view. It never will be. Don't expect it. Sometimes you just have to disagree with people. If you can't be okay with having your own opinion and other people having different ones, then you have two options: learn to do it, or leave.

If you can't handle it, then YOU go somewhere else. No one is obligated to kick you out so that you can continue to feel self-righteous. It's not Rym & Scott's job to make your decisions for you. Don't be that guy who sabotages a relationship repeatedly until the other person dumps him just because he can't bring himself to actually break it off.

Like what would I have to post to show that I'm not a spy? Should I illegally photograph my ballot?
    P.S. LITERALLY NO ONE cares if you are a "spy." These forum threads are public.