This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokémon Sun and Moon

Comments

• Anyone else feel like the Switch made this gen of Pokemon obsolete already?
  • Raithnor said:

Anyone else feel like the Switch made this gen of Pokemon obsolete already?

Nope because there is definitely going to be some kind of integration going on there.
  • Megas were pretty sweet. The mid-battle type/ability/stat changes + shenanigans that can be pulled off were a fun spectacle. Though the top competitive boiled down to only mega kangaskhan, which is probably why they're banning megas for Z-moves next tournament season.
  • Perhaps they'll port the new game onto the Switch?
  • I finally got around to finishing the Ruby remake last month. Eon Flute was clearly the beginning of the death of HM slaves. I always hated having to have one (or two) garbage Pokemon iny party just for HM moves.

The demo was fun though I almost lost the final trial battle when I accidentally attacked the ally called in rather than the dragon.

What is the deal with the woman who wants to get blasted by a water move? Am I reading too much into that one?
  • RIP me being a kid that didn't know any better making my real Pokes like Zapdos or Venusaur learn moves like Fly, Flash, and Cut.

RIP my HM-mules Bidoof, Lapras, Fearow.

Kinda want to make a team of just HM mule pokemon now that HM mules are no longer a thing.
  • ¿HMs for hipsters?
  • Dazzle369 said:

¿HMs for hipsters?

I CUT you so bad, you wish I no CUT you so bad!

Also, trainers much more skilled than me probably know better, but SURF was always a really powerful water attack in my arsenal. Would regularly use it to one-shot pokes against whom water was super effective.
  • edited November 2016
    My coin box was overflowing which means time to go to Coinstar. Got like $30 out of it and Amazon has the games for $31 right now. So I should be seeing a copy of Moon show up on Friday.

Also Polygon put up a review a couple hours ago.

I want that Alolan Vulpix though, so someone better trade me ;)
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Coinstar? Just go to the bank.
  • I hear good things about it. Alas, I have those 30 games from the NES mini, Dragon Quest VII, and FF XV to to burn before I embark into another journey.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Coinstar? Just go to the bank.

What's wrong with Coinstar? Also the bank is never open when I'm not at work. I also spend enough money at Amazon that there are a significant number of times where Amazon gift cards are equal to actual money.
  • The only way to go to the bank without a fee is to roll all the money yourself. That's a huge pain in the ass. Commerce Bank in NYC used to have coin sorting machines that anyone could use to get cash with no fee. They stopped offering that service for free after they got bought out. Coinstar + Amazon Gift Card is the only way to go that won't result in a fee.
  • Apreche said:

The only way to go to the bank without a fee is to roll all the money yourself. That's a huge pain in the ass. Commerce Bank in NYC used to have coin sorting machines that anyone could use to get cash with no fee. They stopped offering that service for free after they got bought out. Coinstar + Amazon Gift Card is the only way to go that won't result in a fee.

Yeah you'd have to be a fool to get cash money from Coinstar, but it also saves you having to go in during certain hours, wait in lines, deal with cashiers as they count it out, pre rolling coins, etc. But again, since I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, that money is eventually going to them anyway. So the gift card makes perfect sense.
  • The biggest problem I have is just that my jug of change is heavy. Coinstar is not in walking distance. To carry it to a place that has a coinstar with no car is a great ordeal.
  • edited November 2016
    Apreche said:

The biggest problem I have is just that my jug of change is heavy. Coinstar is not in walking distance. To carry it to a place that has a coinstar with no car is a great ordeal.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • My bank has a coin counting machine in every branch. Dump the money in and it spits out a receipt. Go to the teller and either deposit or cash out.
  • Apreche said:

The biggest problem I have is just that my jug of change is heavy. Coinstar is not in walking distance. To carry it to a place that has a coinstar with no car is a great ordeal.

Make smaller, more frequent trips to the coinstar. Minimize the weight of the container itself. ...Lift weights?
  • Apreche said:

The only way to go to the bank without a fee is to roll all the money yourself. That's a huge pain in the ass. Commerce Bank in NYC used to have coin sorting machines that anyone could use to get cash with no fee. They stopped offering that service for free after they got bought out. Coinstar + Amazon Gift Card is the only way to go that won't result in a fee.

When Commerce got bought out by TD Bank, they still offered their service for quite along time. Then they got busted for shorting people, and the machines were shut down, and eventually removed.

The one thing I miss about my old high school supermarket job was that I was given the task of emptying out the junk drawer in the Cointstar machine. Anything that went in their wasn't a coin. They said to just throw it out, but that shit was filled to the brim with foreign money, random transit or arcade tokens, etc. I gathered quite a collection of foreign coins, a few small tubs worth. They were from all over the place too, which in hindsight makes sense, since I'm in a very diverse area.

• Apreche said:

I just roll them myself while watching something enjoyable. Ya really don't need eyes to handle coins. I've been able to do it watching subbed stuff and still feel productive while watching whatever.
  • Pokemon is now about banks.

Pokebanks.
  • That's something I wish we had here, more coinstar machines, and/or more banks with sorting machines. If you want to stick your change in the bank now, you have to separate your coins by type, THEN bag them up in specific amounts that vary by coin type, AND you can only use the bank-specific bags, they won't just accept a regular ziploc bag. If a bag is short, they won't accept it, if it's not bagged, they won't accept it.
  • Butch Hartman (creator of Danny Phantom) draws Pokemon. And it's a blind challenge, since he's never seen these Pokemon before.

• edited November 2016
    Disney XD has acquired the rights to the anime.

Post edited by Daikun on
  • I'm still going with firecat...
  • If you're not on team owl, you can take a look at my team scowl.