This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokémon Sun and Moon

Comments

• Today is the day. Amazon with that same-day delivery.
  • Apreche said:

Today is the day. Amazon with that same-day delivery.

Yesterday was the day. Japanese 3DS.
  • edited November 2016
    Well for some reason it didn't ship on time so I'll be getting it next week. Might just cancel and price match elsewhere.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Mine is in transit.

Word is the Nintendo Switch will be getting Sun/Moon combo game.
  • Yeah, I just cancelled and picked it up at Target while I was out.
  • Mine is currently on the porch getting drenched.
  • I ordered the steel case two pack. I will be playing Sun as my kid has claimed Moon.
  • HMTKSteve said:

I ordered the steel case two pack. I will be playing Sun as my kid has claimed Moon.

Same, except UK doesn't have the 2pack.
  • I, uh, just bought mine through the e-shop.

I don't get this plebian "buy it in a store" thing.
  • That would depend on your preference. Would you rather own it forever, or until the platform becomes obsolete?

• edited November 2016
    Cancelled my Amazon order because that shit didn't deliver. Downloading Sun now. Bought the double pack with starting 3 figures from Target, so I will probably give Sun to Jeremy or something.

Still undecided who to start with.

Edit: going with Popplio.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/pokemon-sun-moon-starter-guide-best-pick-rowlet-popplio-litten-easy-alolan-trials-1592077

I have no idea about how/what with Natures, IVs, EVs, or whatever. That is confusing.
    Post edited by Rochelle on

$8 cheaper with Prime
  • edited November 2016

I, uh, just bought mine through the e-shop.

As much as I like digital I will go with a physical copy if I save money.

As much as I like owl I wouldn't mind poppin a foe with that popplio
  • Ordered Sun and Moon through Amazon but they're late like the last 4 orders I've had with 2 day shipping.
  • This is the first pokemon game I'll wait for. I want it badly, but the possibility of expanded version coming to the Switch is non-zero and (aside from the fact that I'm hella strapped) I want to capitalize on that.
  • Double Battles lag something fierce on old 3ds'. This is definitely the first time I've seen a genuine performance gap between the two consoles.
  • I'm sure Nintendo already has stated that there is a performance increase in the new 3DSs' ever since Xenoblade.
  • Pokemon X KPop = Oh fuck.

• ThatGent said:

Double Battles lag something fierce on old 3ds'. This is definitely the first time I've seen a genuine performance gap between the two consoles.

Is it actually different, or are you just speculating? I ask because I own a new 3DS and I just beat Yo-Kai Watch yesterday and there were quite a few instances where that game's framerate would drop even on the New 3DS. So I figure some games are just poorly optimized all around. Not sure if they're actually better.
  • The frame rate took a sharp nosedive on the old 3ds. We compared it with a new 3ds, which didn't stutter at all.
    The drop happens any time the game needs to display 3-4 pokemon on the screen at once.
  • I kinda want a New 3DS just to play Super Metroid on the go. But even at the low low Black Friday price of $100, there is nothing wrong with Old 3DS that I can justify that.
  • https://m.imgur.com/a/EFOqs#M6ekcpW

QR codes. Scan ten (a day) then catch a rare Pokemon.
  • edited November 2016
    Apreche said:

I kinda want a New 3DS just to play Super Metroid on the go. But even at the low low Black Friday price of $100, there is nothing wrong with Old 3DS that I can justify that.

Well you could just sell your old system so you basically pay only like $20 to upgrade. That's what I did. But work.
  • MATATAT said:

Apreche said:

I kinda want a New 3DS just to play Super Metroid on the go. But even at the low low Black Friday price of $100, there is nothing wrong with Old 3DS that I can justify that.

Well you could just sell your old system so you basically pay only like $20 to upgrade. That's what I did. But work.
    Why would someone buy an old 3DS for $80 when they could get a new 3DS for $100?
  • Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

Apreche said:

Why would someone buy an old 3DS for $80 when they could get a new 3DS for $100?
    Because average consumers are dumb.
  • edited November 2016
    At this point I'm just waiting for the 4DS. I was smart not to buy the DSi, and I'm smart to avoid the New 3DS. Just like I've been wise to only get iPhone 3,4,5,6,7 and avoid 3gs, 4s, 5s, etc.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Word on the street is people who work at Walmart on black friday get everything half off, so maybe you could work your internet magic and find a follower with the hookup for a $50 3DS.
  • Apreche said:

At this point I'm just waiting for the 4DS. I was smart not to buy the DSi, and I'm smart to avoid the New 3DS. Just like I've been wise to only get iPhone 3,4,5,6,7 and avoid 3gs, 4s, 5s, etc.

You mean the Switch?
  • Ikatono said:

Apreche said:

You mean the Switch?
    I am confident there will be another portable console that is not the Switch.