This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games You are Currently Playing

1329330331332333335»

Comments

• You also can't upload levels made on the 3DS version to the online service. You can only share those levels locally. You can use it to play random levels grabbed from the internet, but a huge portion of those levels (basically any that used the Costume Mushroom) can't be played on the 3DS since the costume mushroom didn't port over.
  • Guess what, the Wii U version isn't portable! You can't play that shit on the subway. I think that's a bigger missing feature than not having a fancy mushroom.
  • Apreche said:

Guess what, the Wii U version isn't portable! You can't play that shit on the subway. I think that's a bigger missing feature than not having a fancy mushroom.

It would be one thing if it could replace those with regular mushrooms, but instead the levels are unplayable.
  • I guess if you just wanted to play random levels on the subway, then yes, it's fine. But being unable to upload levels, unable to search levels or follow creators, unable to play a bunch of levels already made...Makes the $40 price tag seem a tad unreasonable to me.
  • Mario Maker's 100 Mario's mode is a good way to play bunch of shitty Mario levels. I could come up with a long list of more fun ways to spend subway ride and that list includes sitting still and staring at other people on the cart.
  • Axel said:

I guess if you just wanted to play random levels on the subway, then yes, it's fine. But being unable to upload levels, unable to search levels or follow creators, unable to play a bunch of levels already made...Makes the $40 price tag seem a tad unreasonable to me.

I am confident there will be more than enough levels to play. 40 is a lot cheaper than the price of a Wii U.
  • There might be enough good levels, but good luck finding them randomly. It was hard enough on the Wii U, even with the extra tools.
  • The $40 price tag for people who own a Wii U is nonsensical. For people who own a 3ds it seems like a hard call. It honestly doesn't seem worth it. But I dunno.
  • Apreche said:

Axel said:

I guess if you just wanted to play random levels on the subway, then yes, it's fine. But being unable to upload levels, unable to search levels or follow creators, unable to play a bunch of levels already made...Makes the $40 price tag seem a tad unreasonable to me.

I am confident there will be more than enough levels to play. 40 is a lot cheaper than the price of a Wii U.
    It's not about there being or not being good levels, it's about odds. Only fraction of the levels are good so if you are given one random level it's likely to be shitty one.

There are about infinite hours worth of games to play on 3DS (for me at least), so I'll happily skip Mario Maker.
  • Sonic 4 is a fantastic game but its final boss is absurdly unfun.
  • Playing a completely random selection of all Mario Maker levels ever created is something I tried a few times back when Mario Maker first came out, and it is a horror I will never, ever subject myself to again.
  • Finally playing Mass Effect 3. So far, it is excellent.
  • The Last Guardian this week. Don't have time right now. Ugh.
  • Rochelle said:

The Last Guardian this week. Don't have time right now. Ugh.

I was surprised to see ads for it on Saturday night. When I saw that commercial, I was like, "WTF?! It's really, finally coming out?"
  • It's been confirmed the latest DOOM patch removes the Denuvo.
  • Apreche said:

It's been confirmed the latest DOOM patch removes the Denuvo.

Excellent. And makes sense - since Doom's Denuvo has been cracked, it provides zero protection from pirates, which still impacting performance and stability on some systems.
  • Started playing Fallout 4 again.

I really enjoyed the new mechanics of the game but the actual story has been extremely dull and boring. I started up Nuka World and I just don't care if I ever finish it.

Far Harbor was good with its multithreaded plot and story choices but Nuka World feels like basic fetch quests stapled together.
  • Finished the missions in Metal Gear: Ground Zeroes to start playing Metal Gear V properly.

So far I'm digging it, but I'm only on mission 5 or so. Part of the reason I wanted to play MGSV was mostly for all of the early 80's references and sound track.
  • HMTKSteve said:

Started playing Fallout 4 again.

I really enjoyed the new mechanics of the game but the actual story has been extremely dull and boring.

I wanted to feel this way, but a game where I can defend the USS Constitution wielding a laser musket, along side robot sailors, has to be my favorite game of all time.

I've been playing every sonic game worth playing and I think Generations is the best. I feel like they got better and better as the series progressed, until the dive they took after the GBA Sonics, but then 4 and Generations took the best parts of every good game up to that point and sowed them together beautifully.
  • Been playing a decent amount of Titanfall 2, it's a really well made game. Takes Titanfall 1, knocks the rough edges off, and polishes all the remaining to a mirror shine. Adds some very polished new features on top. Feels good all around. Only downside is the relative lack of players in Australia outside of peak hours, and the lack of ability to easily browse for games in other regions, meaning you have to play in certain hours of the day, or not at all.
  • Being an origin exclusive shooter that was released along with other origin exclusive shooters may have hurt it a bit.
  • edited December 2016
    ThatGent said:

Being an origin exclusive shooter that was released along with other origin exclusive shooters may have hurt it a bit.

I also think there's a lot of "Wait and see" going on. Since Titanfall was pretty well regarded, and people absolutely loved it for the first few weeks - but it burned bright and fast, as the poor matchmaking made it difficult to get games, and unenjoyable curb-stomps when it could(read: Teams entirely composed of very high level players against teams of low-level players), and then the DLC releases fracturing the remaining playerbase to only make those problems worse, all of that combined to kill the game in 3 months flat. Even a PVE mode and giving away all the DLC for free couldn't revive that corpse. So people don't want to spend the money on a game that might be dead in a month or two, especially with BF1 just fresh out. The recent free weekend helped a bit, but not enough.

The whole origin exclusivity thing doesn't seem to matter as much, outside of the real psycho PC Master Race crowd(or, as I believe I called them on one FNPL recently, "PC Nazi Fucks", both in the sense of being almost being Fascist about something as stupid as where other people play their games, and their biggest hubs tending to be GamerGate Lite), most people who check out origin tend to shrug and go "Eh, it does what it does well enough, I can deal." Exposing it to more customers would, of course, be better, but I don't think it's the largest factor.
    Plus, I'm mostly playing in the Australia Silos (It's broken up by Region, then silos within the region - like Sydney 1, 2, 3 etc), where it's been less popular on PC.

Another slightly annoying side-effect of being in the Australia Region for Titanfall is that literally the only time I was able to get any type of game type other than Attrition (AKA team deathmatch) when playing alone is when the Angel City 24/7 playlist dropped, and it automatically included two other game modes. Come on you bastards let me capture some flags, or collect some bounties, for god's sake.

These problems don't apply in the US regions and Silos, for the most part, but it's pretty difficult to figure out how to get it to matchmake in the appropriate zone.

It's a pity, really - in terms of pure feel (not overall quality, it has it's issues, just how it feels to move, shoot, and otherwise play) I'd say it even beats out Overwatch, it's a real blast to play. Folk are missing out.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • It is fun, and bounty mode is best mode, but maybe I should clarify what I meant. EA cut out too suddenly from Steam, they should have done the U-Play approach and just required a third party UI to accept their products. People would have been ornery, but then they would build up an investment in Origin. They would also have had access to a larger customer base that don't already have Origin installed. At least they had some solid titles under their belt when they started else it might have gone the way of Stardock.
    That and sandwiching Titanfall between Battlefield and CoD will definitely split people's interest and potentially hamstring the player base from the start.

That was more my intent.
  • Playing Skyrim after having had it on two systems for years and only having played it for about 3 hours. Some of the physics are a bit janky, and I'm still figuring out crafting and enchanting. On the up side, I think I have far superior gear than I'm supposed to at my level, and the bounties and missions I stumble on usually end with a significant number of bandits meeting the business end of my two-handed axe pretty quick.
  • If it feels too easy, up the difficulty.
  • One of the things I really like about Mass Effect 3 is that right from the start, the stakes are super high and the story feels epic. None of this slow build-up nonsense. Because the game is the third in a trilogy, it basically assumes you've played the previous two games, so the level of intensity is awesome from the first mission onward.
  • edited December 2016
    I sat down and finished Inside.
    This game is amazing. It's a "2d" (in a 3d engine) platformer however the camera moves appropriately to each section of the game.
    While the art, sound and colours are incredibly minimalist, the result of any flare of colour, light, sound or intricate design makes the game pop and it feels awesome when you experience these things (often occurring at key moments in the story).
    The game doesn't ever stop, there is no HUD or indicators, it's such a great artistic piece that I tried capturing a bunch of screenshots while playing but then seeing them later, they didn't capture the feelings aroused by the game because it lacked the feeling of control, the sound effects or feelings from playing the game.

Every time your character dies, it is in a disturbing and unnerving manner (choked to death, neck snapped, sliced in half, all sound gory and grizzly but with this design it just makes you feel uncomfortable). The story is not told, you play it and see it occur. The story and themes brought up are disturbing and unnerving. If I was to describe why, it would spoil the game.

I strongly recommend this game, the best single player game for me in 2016.

Edit - also forgot to mention, one of the only games where, when it finished, I immediately played it through again without thinking. I've never done that before.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • Playing:
    Vermintide - L4D with a Warhammer skin. Enjoyable, but shallow.
    Armello -Digital board game with great art and an interesting concept.
    Undertale: Finally. Only played for about half an hour. I feel guilty leaving the room the monster woman told me to stay in, but, nothing was happening.
  • I never finished vermintide. The last mission is absurdly difficult. Like they only wanted you to finish it if you had a perfectly coordinated team of 4.