This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hockey

1161718192022»

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Watching the Flyers play the Islanders in Brooklyn because I couldn't sleep due to heartburn. A battle really to decide which team has the worse 3rd jersey. Flyers once look worse and worse every time I see them. And sweet Sejenus the ice there is absolute and complete shit. The announcers described it as letting the puck bounce like a lacrosse ball.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • How long can these good times roll?
  • What did we do to deserve this team? It's not even halfway through the game, and we have two short-handed goals. Are they doing it for me because I finally bought tickets? We're clearly trying too hard, will run out of steam later in the season, and won't make the playoffs. Nothing else makes sense.
  • Canadiens started the season 9-0-1 and got beaten up 10-0 by fucking Columbus yesterday. Had their backup goalie Al Montoya in net for all 10 goals because it was Carey Price's night off.

Today the Flyers play them and boy, this game is exciting. Was already 2-2 after 10 minutes in the first. Second period about to start. This game is what hockey should always look like.
  • Apparently the Rangers can't even. Just look at all these 5 goal games. So odd.
  • Rangers are the best looking team in the league right now.
  • It's good to have my hockey team feel like my baseball team for once.
  • edited November 2016
    Being a Seattlite I haven't really been rooting for a team. However every time we go to the hockey bar down the street from us I find myself getting really into the games. So I was thinking about a team to root for. So far I'm leaning towards the Pens because I like their logo, and they seem like a solid team. I'm not doing some Yankees of hockey shit am I?
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • MATATAT said:

Being a Seattlite I haven't really been rooting for a team. However every time we go to the hockey bar down the street from us I find myself getting really into the games. So I was thinking about a team to root for. So far I'm leaning towards the Pens because I like their logo, and they seem like a solid team. I'm not doing some Yankees of hockey shit am I?

Sort of? The Yankees of the NHL are the Canadiens. The Penguins are more like the St. Louis Cardinals.

Seattle fans that don't want to hear shit can root for:

Vancouver Canucks. They're the closest!
    San Jose, they are the closest team that is in the US.
    The new Las Vegas team that will start next year. Nobody can accuse you of anything if you are a fan of a brand new team since day 1.
    The Phoenix Coyotes, as they are the team most likely to move to Seattle.
    The original six team of your choice, except Chicago. These are the real hockey teams. Just like anyone can be a fan of Green Bay in the NFL, anyone can be a fan of an O6 team in the NHL. Chicago is Europa.
  • edited November 2016
    Don't go for the Vancouver team. Once Seattle gets its own expansion/moving team in a few years time, you'll be the idiot supporting the local rivals!
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • I am a patient person, but hurry up already NHL!
  • Don't go for the Vancouver team. Once Seattle gets its own expansion/moving team in a few years time, you'll be the idiot supporting the local rivals!

You get a free team change every time a team moves in or out of your area. So says my grandfather who was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan and remained an LA Dodgers fan until the Mets were created. Also Rams fans this season, among many others.
  • As a Bay Area resident, the Sharks are pretty cool.
  • Honestly I'm more likely to go to a Vegas game despite being so close to Vancouver. My parents live close to Vegas and our company's HQ is also in Vegas.

But ideally I'd want a Seattle team.
  • Rangers are flying high. Feels like the Wings back in the late 90s, early 00s. They also have nearly double the goal differential of any other team in the league.
  • When it comes to teams I take no allegiance. I rather see good hockey with two closely match teams then to put a personal stake in a company that is geographically close to me. You can apply this to other team sports as well.

However if you are not in this camp you are allowed two teams, one from each side, to root for. My Uncle was a Dallas and Pittsburgh fan of football. However if those teams were to meet up you need to place one over the other, he chose Dallas.
  • edited November 2016
    Crosby suuuucks!

Got tix for Wednesday. Hope he doesn't suddenly unsuck.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • If last night was any indication, you'll see another blowout ;)
  • edited November 2016
    Watching the Las Vegas expansion announcement with a ton of technical difficulties. In vamping for more time, they called up the commish and Vegas booed. Not at lot, but a little. These fans might be ok.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • edited December 2016
    Fun things: Flyers have won 7 in a row. Las Vegas had its trademark request rejected because there is some college that already uses the name "Golden Knights", and this article from 2014 about who drafts better, a potato or the Vancouver Canucks. Also potato vs. all 30 NHL teams.

Less fun things: The Metro division is basically thunderdome and someone's gonna die. I just hope its Columbus, the Devils and the Rangers.
  • chaosof99 said:

Fun things: Flyers have won 7 in a row. Las Vegas had its trademark request rejected because there is some college that already uses the name "Golden Knights", and this article from 2014 about who drafts better, a potato or the Vancouver Canucks. Also potato vs. all 30 NHL teams.

Less fun things: The Metro division is basically thunderdome and someone's gonna die. I just hope its Columbus, the Devils and the Rangers.

It won't be us. Half our team is in the hospital and we still won.
  • edited December 2016
  • Can't have a nice drama-free game, can we?

https://streamable.com/48jkx
  • Drama-full victory is still victory.
  • That Eakins hit on Lundqvist was totally gross. Even non-Rangers blogs were like "You can't do that, WTF!" I'm glad Hank was okay.
    (We still are struggling on the PP, tho. 5-on-3 was such a lot of nothing.)

Here, Chaos--This GIF of your captain made me chuckle. What is it about Giroux and butts?

https://mobile.twitter.com/NHL/status/809418999352029184/video/1
  • edited December 2016
    Giroux is just an ass-man. Also a big goof.

Flyers just beat the Caps in a shootout and I am happy :)

Also, watch Anze Kopitar playing the slots
  • That Penguins game was rough.
  • gomidog said:

Here, Chaos--This GIF of your captain made me chuckle. What is it about Giroux and butts?

Should have posted this before but here is a list of other things Claude Giroux has done that could make you chuckle.