This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

MAGFest 2017

12346»

Comments

• Coldguy said:

I can finally announce this, and this is key for everyone. Once you get your badge you need to first go to the back corner of the expo hall (behind the arcade) and sign up for the mech warrior battle pods. (You go into a bubble and have all the switches and knobs to defeat your foes ala steel battalion).

Next go up a few floors and sign up for both Artemis space ship and BOTH the escape rooms. Waiting any longer will be a downfall for you to gain access to these.

Oh crap, you got those? I've always wanted to try the Battle pods.

Is the other Starship simulator coming back? The Horizon one?
  • Duly noted, I shall be escaping some rooms.
  • I will keep this all in mind. When is badge pick-up starting?
  • Are these the original Battletech pods from the '90s? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech_Centers

You said Mechwarrior, which is confusing. That could be like, some homebrew biz that somebody made using sticks and a more modern Mechwarrior game.
  • Apreche said:

Are these the original Battletech pods from the '90s? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech_Centers

You said Mechwarrior, which is confusing. That could be like, some homebrew biz that somebody made using sticks and a more modern Mechwarrior game.

More likely, they're the newer pods from 2007. There are a couple of groups that have been appearing at GenCon and MechaCon. The pods from the 90's were not mobile in any sense of the word.

Most likely not a home brew, BattleTech and Mechwarrior are both trademarked by the same company. For some rando to call themselves that invites a whole word of legal hurt.

It's not Mechwarrior Online, they just had their convention in Vancouver and they'd mention being at MAGfest.
  • edited December 2016
    Apreche said:

Are these the original Battletech pods from the '90s? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BattleTech_Centers

This is where my lack of knowledge is coming in, but these are pods where a person can climb into and wreck other people in a similar position virtually.

I believe they are similar to the ones shown in this video.

Also hype is increasing:

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • That's Mechwarrior 4 or I'll eat my hat.
  • So it is official: Here are the new things that I manage to make happen at MAGFest this year:

MAGLaughs aka Stand Up Comedy Special

The DM Screen a board game/role playing game workshop and lecture track.

The Forge A bad-ass version of a workshop room where you can build awesome stuff.

So yea, I've been busy behind the scenes and glad I can show you guys that I made the event much more interesting if you enjoy panels.

• edited December 2016
    Chiptunes anyone?

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • edited December 2016
    Me likey the chiptunes. That's a pretty diverse lineup, too. I wanna hear Sam Mulligan play this.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • For those of you who have Spotify someone is making a MAGFest hype playlist
  • This is your official message from me: if you haven't bought your badge, make sure you buy it soon!
  • You want more concerts that are not in the concert hall while people play Megaman?

• Keeping hype train going with indie gamea, I have even played a few of them.

• Anyone up for the challenge?
  • The guidebook is officially live.
  • This is how you meme

• Hi all quick announcement:

I have some slots open on Thursday for panels. If you want to Panel there GET IN TOUCH WITH ME RIGHT AWAY. Thanks.
  • This is the plan for next week: Games to Bring to MAGFest 2017

Quite a lot of post-Essen games since it's the first gaming convention we'll be at since September. I don't expect anyone FRC will want to play 1846 (except maybe Coldguy who happens to own 1830, and I'd be happy to teach him), but one of my 18XX friends will be at MAGFest this year so I'm leaving the possibility open. ;]

This doesn't even include Anthony's games, and we're rooming with some other board gamer friends. I will be playing arcade and tabletop games pretty much the entire time I'm not recharging. :D
  • Oh man, I could play St. Petersburg again. With the fix for those two "nobles" it's a tight fucking game.

T&E Pro Only games.

I'm being tactical since I'm taking the train, but I plan to bring.

Captain SONAR
    El Grande
    Glory to Rome
    Camel Super Up

And a collection of small or 2-player games.

• hmmmm who's bringing Eclipse so it can get spilled on?
  • I'm debating if I should bring Terraforming Mars, Concordia, and maybe a few others.
  • I'm debating if I should bring Terraforming Mars, Concordia, and maybe a few others.

I would be happy to play Concordia.
  • Cremlian said:

hmmmm who's bringing Eclipse so it can get spilled on?

You mean my copy that is already in the library? Got that covered.
  • I'm bringing:
    Splendor
    Mystic Vale
    7 Wonders
    Cheaty Mages
    7 Wonders Duel
    Settlers
    Marrying Mr. Darcy (w/ Emma Expansion!)
    Ginkopolis
  • Not entirely sure what to bring. I'd like to play a game of Rebellion, but that's not a game a lot of people really like.

I'm going to have Codex with me, in case anyone at MAG is playing it.

I have Eclipse with all of the expansions, but I'd rather not have people spill on it. :P