This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights Thursday - Christmas Holidays

Tonight on GeekNights, it's not a Christmas special, but we do talk about Christmas. And Shazaam. Christmas movies, Christmas music, stories, anecdotes, everything. In the news, Running Man is ending amid ridiculous drama, and Rym reviews, on a high level, both his new skis and the advice we always give on when to upgrade your stuff.

Support GeekNights on Patreon! Read our book club book!

Download MP3
Source Link

Comments

• edited December 2016
    White Christmas is a good Christmas Movie. My Grandfather LOVED that film and I have seen it several times. It is a semi Musical with a thin story but they have great dance numbers. If you are into the 1950s Hollywood Musical style then you would enjoy the film.

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Clearly the dinosaur nativity is the only way to go.
  • edited December 2016
    If you mention die hard in this episode, I'm turning it off.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • What about Gremlins? It's just as much a Christmas movie.
  • Regarding nativity scenes, there's a house down the street from me that has one set up with a gigantic Star of Bethlehem made of Christmas lights hanging 2 stories above it. When they first set it up, they put the Three Wise Men way on the other end of the front yard, and every day they move the wise men a little bit closer, until they actually reach the nativity scene on Christmas morning. It's a neat gimmick to watch progress over the month of December.
  • UncleUlty said:

Regarding nativity scenes, there's a house down the street from me that has one set up with a gigantic Star of Bethlehem made of Christmas lights hanging 2 stories above it. When they first set it up, they put the Three Wise Men way on the other end of the front yard, and every day they move the wise men a little bit closer, until they actually reach the nativity scene on Christmas morning. It's a neat gimmick to watch progress over the month of December.

Love me some wise men.
  • I wonder why people who have to record sound effects for movies don't just hire some birds.
  • Pretty sure we're at the point where any sound can be synthesised, just no one is willing to put in the effort when you can just copy paste in age old stock audio.
  • Apreche said:

I wonder why people who have to record sound effects for movies don't just hire some birds.

I imagine a scenario similar to the famous "let's put a picture of an eye on the microphone so the monkey will look at it" story.

• Being British we have to watch The Snowman at Christmas. I don't know how well this one is known outside the UK but here it's a beloved classic.
  • Thought the 240 green lights in a row would have a crazy route, but it seems he spends much of his time driving down (something like) 5th avenue and then back up 6th avenue.
  • So two British people recommended a small list of Christmas music.

• Christmas movies! Guys!

Tokyo Godfathers.
  • Starfox said:

Christmas movies! Guys!

Tokyo Godfathers.

My brain, is not so good no more. Forgetting such glory.