This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Star Wars: The Disney Era

1323334353638»

Comments

• Rogue One was a complete snoozefest for the first 2 hours and some nice looking Battlefront highlights for the last 30 minutes. I did not love the Force Awakens but at least they made an attempt at characterization. Rogue One has no characters.
  • Rogue One was a complete snoozefest for the first 2 hours and some nice looking Battlefront highlights for the last 30 minutes. I did not love the Force Awakens but at least they made an attempt at characterization. Rogue One has no characters.

Oh thank god I thought I was the only one. It was just bad! so so bad! I mean there where three characters, thin term as there was sod all depth in floating about, that did make it enjoyable but for the most part it was just crap. I don't think this is spoilers as you see Vader in the trailers. But good god my eyes span back into my head during his scene. I took a Japanese friend of mine who wanted to watch an English film for practice and so we could talk about it over dinner. As we walked out she turned to me and said 'I regret knowing your language'.

The only real big thing was that it looked really pretty. I mean it was to be expected but still. At least they didn't throw Jar Jar in there.

• The lack of nuance in Hollywood films makes for predictable and boring narratives. By contrast, a sneek of Rick and Morty S3.