This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Do you disagree?

RymRym
edited December 2007 in GeekNights
If anyone out there has disagreed with us in the past week or so, let us know here. I want to see if we have enough dissent to warrant "dissent week."

Comments

• I disagree with this question.
  • I disagree with this question.
    I disagree with your mom.
  • Maybe we should agree to disagree. Would that be so disagreeable?
  • Why the past week? I'm still stewing at your totally narcissistic attitude on jury nullification.
  • Why the past week? I'm still stewing at your totally narcissistic attitude on jury nullification.
    Let's bring that up on FNPL. ;^)
  • Disagree with you on the show, the forums, or both?
  • I disagree with Scott's opinion that lavender sucks! I love lavender!

...Otherwise, I just don't have enough information/knowledge to fight with most of your other stuff.
  • Lavender is very, very feminine. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  • Lavender does suck. Sorry. I prefer the fruit scents.
  • Lavender is what old ladies use to stink up their toilets. Do you like sniffing old ladies' toilets?
  • Lavender is what old ladies use to stink up their toilets. Do you like sniffing old ladies' toilets?
    How the hell do you know this?
  • Hahaha. I like lavender because it's purple, and usually a very light smell. I hate the "EXTREEEEMEEE" smell of most perfumes/body washes/shampoos..

Yet I like wearing Axe and Old Spice. Wtf.

• Yet I like wearing Axe and Old Spice.
    Isn't that for men?
  • Yes. Yes it is. Gimme a break: I like lavender, Old Spice, Axe, and women.

>>;;
  • edited December 2007

Yet I like wearing Axe and Old Spice.
    Isn't that for men?
    Axe for the win AND I'm a chick! Too bad it doesn't have the affect like in the commercials. If it did I would bathe in it and go to Otakon.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Axe for the win AND I'm a chick! Too bad it doesn't have the effect like in the commercials. If it did I would bathe in it and go to Otakon.
    I wish that'd work just for every day life. I'd walk straight for the other high school in town; they have some pretty hot chicks there. My high school? Not so much; they all graduated and/or moved away.

I would never ever wear it in conventions. EVER. I know this is sad, but the majority of chicks there scare me. The high pitched squeals and utter stupidity is just not for me.
  • edited December 2007
    If it did I would bathe in it and go to Otakon.Why would you want girls running after you?

Edit: Oh sorry ladies.. I am a bit slow.
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • It's alright. *pats*
  • From what I currently understand of your definition of literacy as applied to computers, though as you have said in a different thread that you're going to do a show on that, so until then I can't be sure, as for other topics, well I'll have no way to listen to episodes until at least Friday if not Saturday.
  • edited December 2007
    If it did I would bathe in it and go to Otakon.
    Why would you want girls running after you?

Edit: Oh sorry ladies.. I am a bit slow.

I have never been to Otakon, but if this convention is like any of the few I have been to, I would NOT wear axe. You would be groped by 12 year old girls. Now, maybe if I ran into the staff only rooms with axe on I wouldn't be arrested but anywhere else and I think that's a very questionable action, at best.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • You would be groped by 12 year old girls.
    o.o *checks watch* I don't hear Kage complaining yet. Or Viga. VIGA! I thought you had a boyfriend!

*denies any thoughts that he comes up with about the other thread*
  • XDD Okay, I would only complain due to legalities (and it's kinda creepy to be attacked by girls 5 years younger than you and are flat). Unless they slap my ass. Then I get pissed. I hate that. >>;

My girlfriend would protect me though; she'd have plank with nails in them.
  • edited December 2007
    I will wear it in the 18+ rooms. Heh heh heh.
    VIGA! I thought you had a boyfriend!
    No boyfriend yet. I'm Just dating around. No girlfriend either. All you geek guys say there are no geek girls! Well they're plentiful! What IS rare is geek girls who like geek girls. Take that!

Wow...this thread super derailed. We better find something to argue with Scrym about. LOL.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Err... All I can think of is that "I like Dungeons and Dragons - it's good." and .. um... "Lavender is awesome."

.....>>; I'd use the same technique that Viga suggested, but I'm not 18 yet.
  • I disagree with a lot of stuff both of you say, but it's kinda trivial and subjective stuff, so its kinda stupid to make a big fuzz about it. And I also believe that if we all disagreed with you guys we wouldn't post or listen to the podcast, because I don't know about the others but I find myself nodding through the whole show as I listen most of the time.
  • I think making new rules to a games is valid (e.g. no AWP in counter-strike). Sure it changes the game, but if someone wants to do it, what's the problem? For example, they changed certain rules in football because a particular blocking technique (chop block) was consistently injuring players.
  • I think making new rules to a games is valid (e.g. no AWP in counter-strike). Sure it changes the game, but if someone wants to do it, what's the problem?
    The problems comes when said rules cannot be enforced directly within the game. At that point, they're not really rules.

Server just blocking the AWP: I think it's a poorly thought-out idea, but fine.
    Server with some guy yelling at me for using the AWP that isn't blocked: I continue to snipe.
  • The problems comes when said rules cannot be enforced directly within the game. At that point, they're not really rules.
    I've played on Counter-Strike servers where the admin starts to slay CTs (via a plugin) for "not going after the hostages," when they are trying to but the terrorists are doing their job and protecting the hostages. This gives the Terrorists a great advantage on hostage maps.
  • I don't think NTP is old. The RFC was issued in 1985, and it was standardized in the mid-90's. Compared to TCP/IP it's and some other standards I'd say it's fairly new. How's that for a disagreement? Most actual disagreements are so trivial it doesn't matter. Amazingly, given the number of shows you do, you both tend to know enough or do enough research about each topic that you are not totally wrong very often. I thought your surround sound episode a while back was a little light and possibly dismissive. I have spent a great deal of time researching sound, surround sound, and home theater setups. I have an interest in the subject, you don't so much. No big deal, you weren't wrong in regard to the material presented.

Have you guys covered RFC's? A quick search on "request for comments" and "RFC" says no. That could be an interesting topic.