This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Interview Suggestions

edited January 2008 in GeekNights
Alright peoples. Because of the new mixer, we are now rocking the Skype action. We just recorded an awesome interview that you will hear next week. It is time for there to be many guests on GeekNights. Some people might get interviewed. Some people might just be guest hosts. I can get any English speaking human being on the show you want, as long as I can get in contact with them, and they agree. However, I need suggestions. I've already got a few interesting people lined up, but we need more. 2008 will be the year of the GeekNights interviews. Still, most of the episodes will be just Rym and I, so don't worry.

Comments

• Alan Moore. Indie Spinner Rack got him, so I think you could too.
    I think that's because they have some comic connections. Let's start with fruit that hang a little lower please.
  • Let's start with fruit that hang a little lower please
    Emily? ^_^
  • Me. Or Steve Jobs. Take your pick.
  • Wil Wheaton
  • edited January 2008
    Maybe some webcomic people? I'm sure Ananth would be happy to do it. I'd also like to hear Gabe + Tycho, Randall Munroe(xkcd), and Nicholas Gurewitch(PBF), Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation, and The Angry Video Game Nerd.
    Post edited by Sail on
    I think that's because they have some comic connections. Let's start with fruit that hang a little lower please.
    Nicholas Gurewitch?
  • Definitely Gabe + Tycho, The Angry Video Game Nerd, and Randall Munroe. That's really all I can think of right now.
  • Ooooh, interviews. I agree with the people Sail mentioned. And more guest hosts from the FRC.
  • Yahtzee would be awesome, and very interesting I would imagine.
  • I'm also very much in-favor of hearing an interview with Randall Munroe to.
  • See if you can get to Drew Curtis of Fark.com. I think it's worth a shot.
  • Sail stole all my suggestions. So how about voice actors?
  • Other podcasters?
  • Yahtzee of Zero Punctuation would be good. I know you said you agree with most of what he says, but it would be interesting to hear you disagree about games you think are good etc.
  • edited January 2008
    Sherri Sheperd, Evangelists, People who would cause some massive arguments. Dave and Joel?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Some random scientologist that you find on the street? There's a church somewhere around 121st street and 2nd avenue in Manhattan...
  • Dave and/or Joel, and Darrel, Gerald, and/or Clarissa.
  • The fat indignant lady.

Gabe and Tycho would be great, we met them sitting out side E3 like 4 years ago. One of the guys I was with asked Gabe to draw something on the lid of his laptop. We had ridiculed him all day for bringing the thing, but he kept saying it would be worth it. I will forever regret not hauling my laptop around E3, it was pure awesome.
  • David Petersen, the Mouse Guard guy. Erik Wolpaw and Chet Falisze, the Portal writers.
  • I'd go with guests who aren't famous but know more than you/can provide a different yet non-stupid viewpoint in a subject that GeekNights listeners might care about. For example, computer people whose areas of expertise are outside your own for Mondays, or old-fart otaku for Wednesdays... or perhaps even a well-read underwear pervert apologist who might be able to redeem superhero comics. :)

...or Billy Mitchell. That'd be cool too. :)