This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Trouble downloading Geeknights

edited January 2008 in GeekNights
I'm having trouble downloading the Wednesday episode of Geeknights, It appears in my feed just fine, but I get horrible static when i try to play it. I haven't had this problem with downloading any other episode.

Comments

• Yea, it's another episode by Rym's new Hypno-Toad.
  • Yea, it's another episode by Rym's new Hypno-Toad.
    Wow, you stole the thoughts out of my mind. Anyway, yeah we got some static.
  • Wow, I got it too. Darn you people! Infecting me and keeping me from my Geeknights!
  • edited January 2008
    I find the static witty and informative.
    Post edited by thaneofcawdor on
  • Though ultimately unrewarding.
  • Ahh, so guess what? If you delete a file through the ftp client in Libsyn, it only deletes it as far as the ftp client can see: it doesn't actually delete it. Furthermore, if you then upload a new file with the same name (thinking the original was deleted), not only does it work, but the file shows up fine. I even downloaded it via ftp just now, and it was the right one. The web interface, however, decided to use the original, bad, mystery file without telling me.
  • Working! Thanks.
  • Here we go again!

February 7, 2008 = Borken.
  • But different broken this time. Just doesn't start (or is that just me?).
  • Ah, but it's not just ANY broken file, it's a secret! If you change open it in a texteditor, you get...
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Error>
    <C0de>AccessDenied</C0de>
    <Message>Access Denied</Message>
    <RequestId>E6CEEE803C0A6183</RequestId>
    <HostId>/HxI2osFcp9AtJVnMAuBhImJKEX35DmD41E9ZpwiOm1MnC9/Hv5QtbdsMiiPhn/K</HostId>
    </Error>
  • edited February 2008
    The file is just not there right now. Simply wait, and Rym shall provide.

EDIT: In the meantime, if you have to listen to something, there's a new episode of the Penny Arcade podcast available.
  • RymRym
    edited February 2008
    File's uploaded. I could see it in Libsyn. I tested last night. I have no idea what's wrong.

Edit: Now it's gone from Libsyn. I'll have to upload it again when I get home tonight.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited February 2008
    I'm able to download the mp3 now via the direct link. There's still something wrong with the feed, though.

EDIT: Nope, it's the last episode. Darn.