This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080205 - Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

2»

Comments

• RymRym
    edited February 2008
    Power is the damage you do. The more units you kill and the more damage you do to the other team, the more power you have.
    No.

Power is the greatest number of enemy units you kill DURING ANY SINGLE day throughout the battle.
    Technique is a more general measure of efficiency... If you find that during the course of the mission you have a lot of extraneous units that don't do much, that is poor technique.
    No.

It's number of units built versus number of units lost: nothing else counts. Building more units and combining damaged units instead of losing them will increase this score.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • From a FAQ on GameFAQs.
    1.9.1) SPEED

The speed score is straightforward. The faster you finish the map, the higher
    the score.

Translucent Air has devised the two equations needed for the speed score.

The 100-150 pts. formula:

200 - "Day of Completion" * (100 / "Speed Limit" )

The sub 100 pts. formula:

100 - "Days Tardy" * ( 100 / ( 3 * "Speed Limit" ) )

"Day of Completion" = Day that mission was completed
    "Speed Limit" = Singular day that 100 pts. can be achieved
    "Days Tardy" = "Day of Completion" - "Speed Limit"

The 150-pt. speed mark is half that of the 100-pt. one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.9.2) POWER

Power depends on the amount of damage dealt and the number of attacks done.
    This is the most complicated calculation, but Translucent Air has found the
    algorithms.

["T.D." + ("N.o.E.D" * 100)] / "N.o.A."

The sub 100 pts. formula:

2 * ["T.D." + ("N.o.E.D" * 100)] / "N.o.A." - 100

"T.D." = The total of all Damage Percentages displayed during attacks
    explicitly executed by the player during player's turns
    "N.o.A." = Number of times the player explicitly executed attacks during
    player's turns
    "N.o.E.D." = Number of enemy units destroyed by attacks explicitly executed by
    the player during player's turns

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1.9.3) TECHNIQUE

Technique depends on the ratio of allied to enemy units.

In the words of Translucent Air,

"In other words, the "overall size" of the allied army (number of units
    deployed + number of units lost) can be 1.25 times the size of the enemy for
    100 pts. of Technique, and the "overall size" of the allied army can only be
    0.6 times the size of the enemy army for 150 pts. of Technique."

What does this mean? You can calculate your technique score with one of the
    two following equations:

62.5 * ( Enemies Deployed / "Allied Army" ) + 50

The below 100 pts. formula:

125 * ( Enemies Deployed / "Allied Army" )
  • From a FAQ on GameFAQs.
    It looks like the new Advance Wars uses different formulas from the older games. ^_~
  • So, it sounds like you want to only produce enough units to win the battle in order to get the best tactics score.
  • I'm now up to 289 points for mission C6. I passed the 100 point mark on technique by only building one more artillery unit. I just can't get power over 100. Has anyone been able to S rank this one?
  • Damn, there is a 50 unit limit in the game.
  • In the record section you get small medals for doing things in 25, 50 and 100 time increments. On the top screen there are a bunch of awards you can win (I have the first medal so far). Has anyone seen a master list of what these awards are and what they are for?
  • In the record section you get small medals for doing things in 25, 50 and 100 time increments. On the top screen there are a bunch of awards you can win (I have the first medal so far). Has anyone seen a master list of what these awards are and what they are for?
    After you get enough, you can figure out the requirements for each pretty handily. Just play some more.
    After you get enough, you can figure out the requirements for each pretty handily. Just play some more.
    I know what the ones on the bottom screen are for (except for the two rows that are all question marks) but what about the awards on the top screen?
  • For those gamers who'd like a turn-based tactics sci-fi wargame (think "Advance Wars"), I suggest taking a look at the Kickstarter campain for Battle Worlds: Kronos (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingartgames/battle-worlds-kronos-turn-based-strategy-revisited).

They need just a little bit more support over the next 6 days for the stretch goal of mobile versions (iPad, Android, Ouya) on top of the PC game.
  • I keep reading the title of this thread as "Days of Rubin" and getting really confused.
  • You know how to make the Ouya actually awesome? Put a tail on the bottom of the O.

Quya. Fuckin' insane mage in your living room.